IGNORED

Neither up nor down....

Robbored

Looks like another season of mid table obscurity largely down to managerial errors by Ashton and invisible Jon earlier this season and poor old Nige has inherited a squad lacking real quality and desperately low on confidence. I think he’s done well to get a tune out them albeit away from AG.

Let hope he’s here next campaign and has at least something of a war chest to bring in the type of players he thinks we need in order to become a force in the Championship.

Big Nige has a very decent CV and is a proper manager - the kind that should been appointed after LJ was sacked and for all we know he could well be planning for next season already..............:cool2:

Away at Coventry on Monday and another three points...........

Just now, Robbored said:

Looks like another season of mid table obscurity largely down to managerial errors by Ashton and invisible Jon earlier this season and poor old Nige has inherited a squad lacking real quality and desperately low on confidence. I think he’s done well to get a tune out them albeit away from AG.

Let hope he’s here next campaign and has at least something of a war chest to bring in the type of players he thinks we need in order to become a force in the Championship.

Big Nige has a very decent CV and is a proper manager - the kind that should been appointed after LJ was sacked and for all we know he could well be planning for next season already..............:cool2:

Totally agree.

But as I have said on what appears to be the matchday thread, the decision on his future HAS to be made NOW.

Players were coasting today. They will continue to do so unless they know whether he is here next season. And coasting will produce the results that make it unlikely.

We'll be lucky to finish in a position that you could call 'mid-table' at this rate.

The sad thing is that even 12th is looking out of reach now and it's more a case of how far down the bottom half of the table we slide.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Bored with it tbh. Pearson’s got a huge job to do if Lansdown is not dopey enough to lose him. Until that all plays out I can no longer actively support (I.e with cash) a group of shithouses that we have playing for us. I wouldn’t piss on most of them if they were on fire.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

We'll be lucky to finish in a position that you could call 'mid-table' at this rate.

The sad thing is that even 12th is looking out of reach now and it's more a case of how far down the bottom half of the table we slide.

It’s unlikely that City will  get dragged into a relegation battle and as long as that’s avoided then it’s doesn’t really matter where City finish - we can look back at this season and write it off.........:cool2:

A win at Coventry on Monday would pretty much guarantee Championship football next season. 

5 minutes ago, Waffleflap said:

Let's hope he's here next season. A few are already on his back . This team is poor and needs a reset from top to bottom . 

I really wouldn’t blame him If he left- it has been a strange year for Nige with two games left of the premier league season he had Watford outside of the relegation zone before he was cruelly sacked... now he is managing Bristol City, his stock for me is still at a level above us.

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

I really wouldn’t blame him If he left- it has been a strange year for Nige with two games left of the premier league season he had Watford outside of the relegation zone before he was cruelly sacked... now he is managing Bristol City, his stock for me is still at a level above us.

But hopefully, if we give him a bit of stability and a decent bit of cash to invest in quality, hungry players then I think he will stay. It needs to be more on his terms though I feel

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s unlikely that City will  get dragged into a relegation battle and as long as that’s avoided then it’s doesn’t really matter where City finish - we can look back at this season and write it off.........:cool2:

A win at Coventry on Monday would pretty much guarantee Championship football next season. 

I dunno, for me, finishing 17th would be a depressing outcome.

Just now, TomF said:

Thank god we had such a good start to season. Without those first 4 wins we’d be right in the sheeet

This. And all those 4 performances weren't breath taking too. 

Lucky as well there is some true shite in the championship this season such as Wycombe and Sheffield Wednesday or we could easily be in a relegation scrap.

Pretty easy to sort really. The majority, if not all, of the ooc players should be shoved out the door. A lot of expensive deadwood will be gone and SL needs to back Nige with 6 or 7 quality additions in his mould of player. 
Will be a full rebuild but getting the majority of that overpaid crap out of the squad will make an instant and huge difference. 

35 minutes ago, mozo said:

I dunno, for me, finishing 17th would be a depressing outcome.

Better that then finishing in the bottom three.. Staying in the Championship is absolutely crucial.

As I posted earlier - we can write this season off. Put it down as a bad experience 

Archived