IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

Desso

4 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

The thing with the “squad is poor” argument is people were saying earlier in the season this squad should be top 6 when things were going badly. Now all of a sudden it’s a poor squad. I’m not saying holden is better than pearson. All i am saying is were people not expecting more? I know i was.

Bit of patience needed.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Some people knew all along it wasn’t remotely a top 6 squad and were criticised at the time for saying it.

Sure, not everyone was saying it but it was never the reason normally given for our poor form earlier in the season. 

Fascinating interview.

First time he is genuinely perplexed at our squad from a desire perspective, and he has broken away from his “together” rhetoric.

Also intimated that players get injured too often and are not “robust” enough.

If you want to add 2+2 and get 4, he is basically saying that culturally we are soft and comfortable.

Interesting that he singles out HN Massengo as I alluded to earlier. Possibly the best manager (CV-wise) we have had in the recent past, getting a tune out of one of the best young talents we have had in recent years, where others did not have a clue how to progress him, and stating it publicly.

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I think most of these players are done here and they know it. These performances have been 2-3 years in the making and I think we have a far better chance of sorting it out with NP in charge than Holden. He has got the contacts, experience and respect of players that Dean could never have at this stage of his career.

I think he made himself clear enough in that interview what’s going to happen without directly saying it.

Exactly this.

We’re a ******* mess and the point is if I had to pick someone to start again, I’d pick Pearson over Holden, or most available candidates. 

I never expected Nigel to polish the current turd we’ve excreted. 

He needs to build something new.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I think that’s fair comment....but it’s a bit like the supply teacher at school who you take advantage of.  He’s seen through several of the players, knows the problems.  Sorting them won’t be easy, but he can’t do that from temporary charge.

Do it now SL.

I like the idea of him having time and resources for this massive rebuild thats needed. But where are those resources coming from? Not got many players with value and have very little income. Not sure what miracles he can produce in this market but i really hope he can. 

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

Fascinating interview.

First time he is genuinely perplexed at our squad from desire perspective, and he has broken away from his “together” rhetoric.

Also intimated that players get injured too often and are not “robust” enough.

If you want to add 2+2 and get 4, he is basically saying that culturally we are soft and comfortable.

Interesting that he singles out HN Massengo as I alluded to earlier. Possibly the best manager (CV-wise) we have had in the recent past, getting a tune out of one of the best young talents we have had in recent years, where others did not have a clue how to progress him, and stating it publicly.

Very down at 16:50.

Very upbeat after hearing that.

Pearson knows the crack, this is a team full of journeyman wasters and I doubt he would have signed even half of them.

Don’t get me wrong I’m sure he backed himself to probably get a little more out of them than he has and is probably disappointed in that respect but he knows the situation, a huge amount of this dross is OOC in the summer and the stage is set perfectly for him to ship out all of the deadwood and really shape the squad full of his players and probably coaching staff aswell. Im confident given the resources in the summer he will turn things around.

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

Pearson's not been a lot better than Holden so far tbf

But when he gets better players in he will be. What hasn’t happened with Pearson is the total humiliation that finished Holden. This isn’t a quick fix and continually changing Managers won’t fix it either. Give the man some time.

Just now, GTFABM said:

I like the idea of him having time and resources for this massive rebuild thats needed. But where are those resources coming from? Not got many players with value and have very little income. Not sure what miracles he can produce in this market but i really hope he can. 

Not everything comes at several million.  Hungry players on frees, the odd loan here and there.  What a bonus that some don’t need shifting on big contracts....because they’re OOC.  Won’t be easy.

Just now, JonDolman said:

I wonder what players he means. Maybe quite a few changes midweek

Have a guess.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, make it permanent, and let him get on with it.

That last 1m15s....music to my ears.

Thats a must and let him rebuild the footballing side of the club and that includes bringing in his men that can coach and control recruitment.

It won't be any easy fix but if SL wants to let him do this and gives him control to do so then we are building a very bright future..

27 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Special praise for HNM. Doesn’t sound to good for some players. Music to my ears . Let this man rebuild this side

Very reminiscent of the types of interviews he gave when he came back to Leicester albeit a bit more diplomatic. The man will weed out most of the bad apples it's just whether he is able to build something successful off the back of it that is to be answered.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not everything comes at several million.  Hungry players on frees, the odd loan here and there.  What a bonus that some don’t need shifting on big contracts....because they’re OOC.  Won’t be easy.

Have a guess.

Thats what i mean by miracles. I sound like i am really negative, i’m not. Just i thought he would get more out of this bunch with his man management style. Wasn’t expecting a push for the play offs but not going to hide and say, yeah this is about right. 

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

But when he gets better players in he will be. What hasn’t happened with Pearson is the total humiliation that finished Holden. This isn’t a quick fix and continually changing Managers won’t fix it either. Give the man some time.

Obviously he needs time, but the lack of improvement has been disappointing. We need two new central defenders, a central midfielder and a striker in the summer, at the very least

30 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Holden wasn’t judged on a full season though? So far apart from a few bright points here and there it hasn’t been what everyone hoped when Pearson walked in surely?

Holden had a transfer window and was allowed to shape the squad (obviously within the covid context). Given he was such an underwhelming appointment he was never going to get long from the fans. 

1 minute ago, Waffleflap said:

If people believe he is just gonna walk in and win every game with this mob is absolutely deluded.  I for one hope he is given the chance to sort it right out . The bread has gone stale so a new loaf is needed for better sandwiches 

Don’t think anybody expected that. I don’t think you can expect virtually a whole new squad in a window either

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Obviously he needs time, but the lack of improvement has been disappointing. We need two new central defenders, a central midfielder and a striker in the summer, at the very least

What's he supposed to do? We have a very average squad and he's had no opportunity (bar Simpson) to shape it. 

3 minutes ago, Ostrich said:

Very reminiscent of the types of interviews he gave when he came back to Leicester albeit a bit more diplomatic. The man will weed out most of the bad apples it's just whether he is able to build something successful off the back of it that is to be answered.

Our owner has a history of backing head coaches/managers, I just hope that he gives NP the control he needs to turn the playing side of my football around. I think given the control and backing, he will..

38 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Holden wasn’t judged on a full season though? So far apart from a few bright points here and there it hasn’t been what everyone hoped when Pearson walked in surely?

Anyone judging Dean Holden’s credentials in managing a squad of Championship footballers, against Nigel Pearson’s ability to do it, should frankly not bother unless they are on a wind-up. With respect.

Pearson’s job in sorting this out, has been made considerably worse with the appointment of Holden and the support network/player acquisition strategy needed to baby-sit him through having even half a chance.

To then judge Nigel Pearson against that, with what he has inherited both in legacy and in culture is laughable.

58 minutes ago, Desso said:

None of us know what goes on behind the scenes, but I do wonder if he is putting too much emphasis on this "together" thing. A lot of the players probably know that they will be elsewhere next season, so whats the incentive for them? Plus, his team selection is a bit baffling; consistently playing Hunt for one thing, persevering with Wells when he's not performing and putting right back Simpson at left back when Towler is on the bench. I know that I will probably take some flak for this post because most people regard NP as the second coming, but I've seen nothing yet that is much different to LJ or his successor. Finally, I wish he'd show his discontent with our performances. Too much smiling after games for me, perhaps that's his style, but a bit of anger wouldn't go amiss.

Tin hat firmly on.     

I thought the benefit of getting NP as our Manager was that he was experienced and  has won promotion to the Premiership and had a proven track record. And I would suggest he  knows a hell of a lot more than you or  me or anyone else  currently at our club in developing teams and a winning mentality. So  I find it disappointing that supporters are on his case after two months. When we have 5 odd years of management by novices and a transfer system that shipped out quality and bought mediocrity at best. He is our best chance of turning the club around on the pitch but needs time. And as to him talking about this "together thing", then have a look what Pam Lam has achieved with this "together thing" at Bristol Bears. Promotion to the Premiership, a European trophy and currently top of the league by 11 points. So maybe this together thing works.

14 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

We have enough out of contract players for NP to make a huge dent in what’s needed. We won’t be paying millions but there will be enough players available that NP will be able to work with.

16 minutes ago, bris red said:

Pearson knows the crack, this is a team full of journeyman wasters and I doubt he would have signed even half of them.

Don’t get me wrong I’m sure he backed himself to probably get a little more out of them than he has and is probably disappointed in that respect but he knows the situation, a huge amount of this dross is OOC in the summer and the stage is set perfectly for him to ship out all of the deadwood and really shape the squad full of his players and probably coaching staff aswell. Im confident given the resources in the summer he will turn things around.

Blimey, that’s generous. He may have signed two, possibly three of our current squad.

If I were to start imagining how our squad will shape up for next season I think I'd be expecting something like this before you account for any out goings

Bentley

NEW               Vyner                Kalas            Dasilva

Walsh            Massengo

Semenyo               Palmer              O'Dowda/NEW

Wells/NEW

3 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Anyone judging Dean Holden’s credentials in managing a squad of Championship footballers, against Nigel Pearson’s ability to do it, should frankly not bother unless they are on a wind-up. With respect.

Pearson’s job in sorting this out, has been made considerably worse with the appointment of Holden and the support network/player acquisition strategy needed to baby-sit him through having even half a chance.

To then judge Nigel Pearson against that, with what he has inherited both in legacy and in culture is laughable.

I can’t believe this is what you expected. You didn’t expect more attacking threat or more organisation? If when pearson signed til the end of the season you expected us to play virtually the same dross football then i salute you. I don’t think i am the only one that thought a little differently. I am not saying i expected us to play like man city. People are replying like thats what i am saying.

Archived