IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

Desso

None of us know what goes on behind the scenes, but I do wonder if he is putting too much emphasis on this "together" thing. A lot of the players probably know that they will be elsewhere next season, so whats the incentive for them? Plus, his team selection is a bit baffling; consistently playing Hunt for one thing, persevering with Wells when he's not performing and putting right back Simpson at left back when Towler is on the bench. I know that I will probably take some flak for this post because most people regard NP as the second coming, but I've seen nothing yet that is much different to LJ or his successor. Finally, I wish he'd show his discontent with our performances. Too much smiling after games for me, perhaps that's his style, but a bit of anger wouldn't go amiss.

Tin hat firmly on.     

3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

He really needs to be judged on a full season, plus a big summer clear out.

He’s inherited a lot of players OOC in a few months and also players who think they are better than they are

Im sure he’s watching & listening every day and picking out those with the right attributes which shouldn’t be too difficult 

Assuming SL has briefed NP to come back end of season and tell him what he needs over the summer for a promotion push next season then MA will be given a list and told to get X players in and get rid of those NP wants gone 

Simple!

If they want to be here they'll need to get onboard with it.  He can't wait until he gets the players he wants before starting work on the culture he want to instill.  The season was over by the time Pearson arrived.

Personally I like his style.  Much more considered and reflective than I imagined he would be.  I don't want a manager that is constantly ranting and raving in public.  I'm sure he's perfectly able to say what needs to be said to individual players when they aren't performing to them in person rather than via the media.  

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't really care about interviews. But I thought licking Lansbury was a poor decision when Vyner is available. Also Rowe and Palmer on that left side was never really going to give us much width. Yet on the other side we had a full back who charges up and down the line and Semenyo who is not drifting inside all the time. 

Might not seem like that big a thing, but I felt watching the game they were big problems.

Recently not been that impressed with Pearson. But it seems he will be here next season and hopefully he sorts it out.

?

3 minutes ago, INCRED said:

He’s inherited a lot of players OOC in a few months and also players who think they are better than they are

Im sure he’s watching & listening every day and picking out those with the right attributes which shouldn’t be too difficult 

Assuming SL has briefed NP to come back end of season and tell him what he needs over the summer for a promotion push next season then MA will be given a list and told to get X players in and get rid of those NP wants gone 

Simple!

⬇️⬇️⬇️

2 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

If they want to be here they'll need to get onboard with it.  He can't wait until he gets the players he wants before starting work on the culture he want to instill.  The season was over by the time Pearson arrived.

Personally I like his style.  Much more considered and reflective than I imagined he would be.  I don't want a manager that is constantly ranting and raving in public.  I'm sure he's perfectly able to say what needs to be said to individual players when they aren't performing to them in person rather than via the media.  

Think they need to appoint now, and then NP can really go to work.  Think he’s going softly, softly at the mo’....he’s only here short term.

Get him appointed and then back him....like when LJ finally left out Tomlin. 

He sounds really exasperated at the lack of effort by the majority.

He was right to single out HNM - who was head and shoulders above the rest.

Think he needs to go back to round pegs in round holes, as bringing the youngsters in is one thing - but we need some results between now and the end of the season otherwise the Ashton Gate hoodoo will be in the players minds over the summer and going into next season!

As said by others - give him the job before he decides he doesn’t want it and let him ruffle a few feathers now!

24 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

He really needs to be judged on a full season, plus a big summer clear out.

Holden wasn’t judged on a full season though? So far apart from a few bright points here and there it hasn’t been what everyone hoped when Pearson walked in surely?

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Think they need to appoint now, and then NP can really go to work.  Think he’s going softly, softly at the mo’....he’s only here short term.

Get him appointed and then back him....like when LJ finally left out Tomlin. 

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Holden wasn’t judged on a full season though? So far apart from a few bright points here and there it hasn’t been what everyone hoped when Pearson walked in surely?

Holden was never going to get the time after the whole process. 

With NP we have someone with a proven track record but he needs the backing and to be appointed now. 

35 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't really care about interviews. But I thought licking Lansbury was a poor decision when Vyner is available. Also Rowe and Palmer on that left side was never really going to give us much width. Yet on the other side we had a full back who charges up and down the line and Semenyo who is not drifting inside all the time. 

Might not seem like that big a thing, but I felt watching the game they were big problems.

Recently not been that impressed with Pearson. But it seems he will be here next season and hopefully he sorts it out.

Perhaps he likes a beard

Perhaps he likes a beard 

6 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

I think most of these players are done here and they know it. These performances have been 2-3 years in the making and I think we have a far better chance of sorting it out with NP in charge than Holden. He has got the contacts, experience and respect of players that Dean could never have at this stage of his career.

I think he made himself clear enough in that interview what’s going to happen without directly saying it.

4 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

With all due respect to Holden , he shouldn’t have been offered a job at championship level, don’t blame him for signing but should never have been offered it.

Nigel has taken on a squad of players clearly not good enough for the championship, not his fault, you can’t polish a turd, we have MA and previous managers to blame for this squad I'm afraid .

44 minutes ago, Desso said:

None of us know what goes on behind the scenes, but I do wonder if he is putting too much emphasis on this "together" thing. A lot of the players probably know that they will be elsewhere next season, so whats the incentive for them? Plus, his team selection is a bit baffling; consistently playing Hunt for one thing, persevering with Wells when he's not performing and putting right back Simpson at left back when Towler is on the bench. I know that I will probably take some flak for this post because most people regard NP as the second coming, but I've seen nothing yet that is much different to LJ or his successor. Finally, I wish he'd show his discontent with our performances. Too much smiling after games for me, perhaps that's his style, but a bit of anger wouldn't go amiss.

Tin hat firmly on.     

The smiling thing can be read two ways.

If I saw someone smiling like that just before it kicked off, I’d be avoiding them.

13 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Special praise for HNM. Doesn’t sound to good for some players. Music to my ears . Let this man rebuild this side

Glad he sees it the same way i do.

Sign him up and let him sort it out.

1 minute ago, archie andrews said:

Think nige knows this isnt his team with big clearout in summer and hopefully gets the backing of steve to buy "his" players hence the laid back interviews... 

Agreed he already knows who need to pack their bags. Let him build a team without that ******* Ashton involved.

Certainly wasn’t happy in his post match! Finally a post match interview we never got from Holden, he was blunt and to the point. 
-Said we need more Han-Noah’s (desire and bravery IMO).

-Frustrated with players not taking chance after chance (“I have youth players and I’m not afraid to use them”).

-Raised that Bell is our 5000th muscle injury this year, clearly not happy at all about it.

Really pleased to hear all that. He’s the man to take us forward and sort this shite.

7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I don’t know the ins and outs of injuries and post international break fitness today and do not want to judge harshly for that reason but I would like to see Sessegnon, Vyner and Nagy on Monday and worry that certain players seem to be being picked within contributing.

Be very surprised if they aren’t.

Sounds like he has lost patience with a few after today.

2 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

With all due respect to Holden , he shouldn’t have been offered a job at championship level, don’t blame him for signing but should never have been offered it.

Nigel has taken on a squad of players clearly not good enough for the championship, not his fault, you can’t polish a turd, we have MA and previous managers to blame for this squad I'm afraid .

The thing with the “squad is poor” argument is people were saying earlier in the season this squad should be top 6 when things were going badly. Now all of a sudden it’s a poor squad. I’m not saying holden is better than pearson. All i am saying is were people not expecting more? I know i was.

2 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

The thing with the “squad is poor” argument is people were saying earlier in the season this squad should be top 6 when things were going badly. Now all of a sudden it’s a poor squad. I’m not saying holden is better than pearson. All i am saying is were people not expecting more? I know i was.

Some people knew all along it wasn’t remotely a top 6 squad and were criticised at the time for saying it.

3 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

I think that’s fair comment....but it’s a bit like the supply teacher at school who you take advantage of.  He’s seen through several of the players, knows the problems.  Sorting them won’t be easy, but he can’t do that from temporary charge.

Do it now SL.

Archived