IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

Desso

44 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Special praise for HNM. Doesn’t sound to good for some players. Music to my ears . Let this man rebuild this side

I'm sure I heard they were trying to off-load HNM in January. So its nice to see someone in charge prepared to publically recongnise his endevour.

6 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

I can’t believe this is what you expected. You didn’t expect more attacking threat or more organisation? If when pearson signed til the end of the season you expected us to play virtually the same dross football then i salute you. I don’t think i am the only one that thought a little differently. I am not saying i expected us to play like man city. People are replying like thats what i am saying.

What others are saying is give the bloke some time and he will sign players who can be organised, who can play on the front foot and who have a bit of DESIRE. Players who want to win, who will give you 8 good games in 10 not 8 in 20, players who will stand up and be counted. Sacking managers every 12 games isn’t the answer and it isn’t sustainable.

8 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I thought the benefit of getting NP as our Manager was that he was experienced and  has won promotion to the Premiership and had a proven track record. And I would suggest he  knows a hell of a lot more than you or  me or anyone else  currently at our club in developing teams and a winning mentality. So  I find it disappointing that supporters are on his case after two months. When we have 5 odd years of management by novices and a transfer system that shipped out quality and bought mediocrity at best. He is our best chance of turning the club around on the pitch but needs time. And as to him talking about this "together thing", then have a look what Pam Lam has achieved with this "together thing" at Bristol Bears. Promotion to the Premiership, a European trophy and currently top of the league by 11 points. So maybe this together thing works.

Well said

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'm convinced Pearson will be here and he will have a lot of control over what happens. I don't even know why people think he won't.

I do and I can't see why people think he won't or be given the chance to rebuild our football club 

14 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Thats what i mean by miracles. I sound like i am really negative, i’m not. Just i thought he would get more out of this bunch with his man management style. Wasn’t expecting a push for the play offs but not going to hide and say, yeah this is about right. 

No, that’s ok.  I know what you mean.  I liken it to playing up the supply teacher.  Some are taking advantage of his softly, softly temporary nature.  He can’t go in like a bull in a China shop.  Give him the job, and then a few will be ostracised (ostrichised ?)

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Hard to guess. Players that have had opportunities who have not played well today would be Hunt, Palmer, Wells.

Lansbury was poor but not really had many games. Rowe first game under Pearson. 

My thoughts of our outfield players now are the same as half time when I put Massengo and Semenyo best players, Kalas and Mariappa fine. Everyone else poor.

In an ideal world we could go with some more kids in these final games. Would like a few more points though!

Bakinson, for sure.

Hunt, Wells, Lansbury, possibly.

Palmer will be reminded of the levels.

Thats his I saw it.

Glad he’s used HNM as the carrot.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

What others are saying is give the bloke some time and he will sign players who can be organised, who can play on the front foot and who have a bit of DESIRE. Players who want to win, who will give you 8 good games in 10 not 3 in 20, players who will stand up and be counted. Sacking managers every 12 games isn’t the answer and it isn’t sustainable.

Thats fine and i think you are missing what i am saying. Even without the ability to sign players i expected more. 

Just now, Davefevs said:

No, that’s ok.  I know what you mean.  I liken it to playing up the supply teacher.  Some are taking advantage of his softly, softly temporary nature.  He can’t go in like a bull in a China shop.  Give him the job, and then a few will be ostracised (ostrichised ?)

Bakinson, for sure.

Hunt, Wells, Lansbury, possibly.

Palmer will be reminded of the levels.

Thats his I saw it.

Glad he’s used HNM as the carrot.

Thats baffling to me if thats whats happening. If i was them i would be giving it my all trying to be the teachers pet to carry on the teacher comparison. 

Just now, GTFABM said:

Thats fine and i think you are missing what i am saying. Even without the ability to sign players i expected more. 

I think some players are consumed by contract situations.  Not a good position for NP to come in at.

2 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

I can’t believe this is what you expected. You didn’t expect more attacking threat or more organisation? If when pearson signed til the end of the season you expected us to play virtually the same dross football then i salute you. I don’t think i am the only one that thought a little differently. I am not saying i expected us to play like man city. People are replying like thats what i am saying.

Fair do’s for responding, and I mean this with respect, but not sure what you expected? Same players, deep-rooted comfort culture, poor/vanity signings, injury-prone squad.

To expect Pearson to come in and immediately make us click because he assembled a Leicester squad full of vibrant up and coming carefully scouted players, that got over 100 points a few years ago, is a bit of an ask.

Give him the job, let him get his people about the club, let said people sign the players, then lets have a look at Nigel Pearson the manager.

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

Fair do’s for responding, and I mean this with respect, but not sure what you expected? Same players, deep-rooted comfort culture, poor/vanity signings, injury-prone squad.

To expect Pearson to come in and immediately make us click because he assembled a Leicester squad full of vibrant up and coming carefully scouted players, that got over 100 points a few years ago, is a bit of an ask.

Give him the job, let him get his people about the club, let said people sign the players, then lets have a look at Nigel Pearson the manager.

I am not writing him off thats not what i am trying to say. I can’t hide my disappointment at performances/results like today/rotherham etc. I know it’s the same group of players. 

So, some natives getting restless then. Not surprising as  Pro football is and always has been a result business. 

I want to see him mould a team in his way. I want to see the club appoint him on a 3 year deal and tell him to crack on with it.  

I would then renew my ST without hesitation....  He has inherited a proverbial crock of you know what & I am confident he will sort it before next season, we r in a great position with FFP. Bring it on. 

3 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Just watched that interview . Excellent. It is how we have been thinking for three years or so. The squad and attitude has not been right, for all the talk, actions speak louder. Surprised he picked out one player, HNM , but you can understand why, and it described what he expects from players. First time we have seen him mighty annoyed I would say, When Cotts left, I personally wrote on here that the one thing I hope we did not lose was that almighty team spirit and desire amongst the group. We did lose it, ok evolution happens, but we have been signing the wrong players. It is exciting that we have the opportunity now to change that, and whilst it will be very hard, as a minimum we should have players wanting to play for each other and the club. We do have a few bright sparks in there, it is not all bad. A shame he has a few that are injured and he cannot yet judge. But the first team will have between 5 and 6 new faces next season, and some of the younger hungry players will be in the 22. 

PS. This situation is not of Holden's making, he made it worse, but this mess has been coming for at least 3 seasons and is a result of the LJ/MA random recruitment nonsense. It did not happen overnight. 

Agreed -  Nail on head. This is a culmination of 3 years of mistakes. Ashton OUT

27 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What's he supposed to do? We have a very average squad and he's had no opportunity (bar Simpson) to shape it. 

We had an almost entirely different team when we beat Man United four years ago, so what have we been doing since then if it wasn't building a new squad? Are we to finally conclude that the likes of Kalas, Palmer, Massengo and Wells aren't up to much?

5 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Just watched that interview . Excellent. It is how we have been thinking for three years or so. The squad and attitude has not been right, for all the talk, actions speak louder. Surprised he picked out one player, HNM , but you can understand why, and it described what he expects from players. First time we have seen him mighty annoyed I would say, When Cotts left, I personally wrote on here that the one thing I hope we did not lose was that almighty team spirit and desire amongst the group. We did lose it, ok evolution happens, but we have been signing the wrong players. It is exciting that we have the opportunity now to change that, and whilst it will be very hard, as a minimum we should have players wanting to play for each other and the club. We do have a few bright sparks in there, it is not all bad. A shame he has a few that are injured and he cannot yet judge. But the first team will have between 5 and 6 new faces next season, and some of the younger hungry players will be in the 22. 

PS. This situation is not of Holden's making, he made it worse, but this mess has been coming for at least 3 seasons and is a result of the LJ/MA random recruitment nonsense. It did not happen overnight. 

You’ll upset a few but spot on. LJ built a one dimensional counter attacking squad and now we are seeing the “fruits” of that stupid policy.

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

We had an almost entirely different team when we beat Man United four years ago, so what have we been doing since then if it wasn't building a new squad? Are we to finally conclude that the likes of Kalas, Palmer, Massengo and Wells aren't up to much?

Clearly Pearson thinks Massengo is up to something!! The others? Not exactly tearing it up are they?

44 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

I like the idea of him having time and resources for this massive rebuild thats needed. But where are those resources coming from? Not got many players with value and have very little income. Not sure what miracles he can produce in this market but i really hope he can. 

Our FFP position is quite good this year so SL can bank roll signings this summer where previous couple of years we we’re constrained 

Pearson has the dross of two blokes who barely knew what they were doing and an injury problem that points directly at our training physio and rehab department. 

I expect nothing more than being in the division by May and perhaps one home performance

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Clearly Pearson thinks Massengo is up to something!! The others? Not exactly tearing it up are they?

I think a lot of people on this forum thought Massengo was a top prospect, clearly NP thinks the same. With regards the other players in the squad today, I would say only Kalas, Semenyo and Bentley are good enough for a team to be built around.

43 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Pearson's not been a lot better than Holden so far tbf

Really!?

You're really going to compare Pearson's record since being here, to Holden's, who let's not forget, had the end of last season, a pre-season and summer transfer window, along with the winter window to bring in players that he wanted?

Pearson who has had to come in and polish the brown cruddy turd that Holden left him? 

Tell you what, let's sack Pearson now and get in Pep, or even Klopp. Let them keep this whole entire squad, and give them a whole season with them, and see how much higher up the table we finish. Hint - we won't.

This squad, is quite frankly, shit. Where it's not shit, it's threadbare at best.

Tell you what, if we're still in a similar position by Christmas this year, and Pearson is still in charge, then I'll hold my hands up and say " @AshtonGreat you were right, let's get rid of him and find someone else to take over"

As someone else said, it's really hard to attack the post and not the poster sometimes!

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

I think his words were quite precise, attitude and desire, plus the willingness to learn and develop. Bakinson, Palmer, Semenyo etc take note. I am sure he will sign a couple of role models in the summer ( Simpson.. hmmm, but like Wilbs if we think recent past ). We need winners not also rans. 

That’s what we are lacking, winners, leaders and a desire to give 100% for the Manager, the fans and the club

This lot know they are on borrowed time so don’t give a damn and are going through the motions whilst waiting for their agents to line them up another club to fleece

34 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

If I were to start imagining how our squad will shape up for next season I think I'd be expecting something like this before you account for any out goings

Bentley

NEW               Vyner                Kalas            Dasilva

Walsh            Massengo

Semenyo               Palmer              O'Dowda/NEW

Wells/NEW

Joe Williams?

4 minutes ago, Taz said:

Really!?

You're really going to compare Pearson's record since being here, to Holden's, who let's not forget, had the end of last season, a pre-season and summer transfer window, along with the winter window to bring in players that he wanted?

Pearson who has had to come in and polish the brown cruddy turd that Holden left him? 

Tell you what, let's sack Pearson now and get in Pep, or even Klopp. Let them keep this whole entire squad, and give them a whole season with them, and see how much higher up the table we finish. Hint - we won't.

This squad, is quite frankly, shit. Where it's not shit, it's threadbare at best.

Tell you what, if we're still in a similar position by Christmas this year, and Pearson is still in charge, then I'll hold my hands up and say " @AshtonGreat you were right, let's get rid of him and find someone else to take over"

As someone else said, it's really hard to attack the post and not the poster sometimes!

Ok i am going to get ripped to pieces here. If you put pep/klopp in charge of the same group of players as holden/johnson would you not expect an upturn in results/performances?

Just now, GTFABM said:

Ok i am going to get ripped to pieces here. If you put pep/klopp in charge of the same group of players and holden/johnson would you not expect an upturn in results/performances?

Marginal maybe. End of the day you can't polish a turd, which unfortunately, Pearson is trying to do at present.

Going by his comments post match though, it wouldn't surprise me if certain players didn't make an appearance again for this club.

1 minute ago, Taz said:

Marginal maybe. End of the day you can't polish a turd, which unfortunately, Pearson is trying to do at present.

Going by his comments post match though, it wouldn't surprise me if certain players didn't make an appearance again for this club.

Agree with you can’t polish this turd we are graced with ?. And i agree i think pearson has seen enough from some/most. 

9 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

What a reflection that is on our record breaking wage bill and huge  cost of assembling the squad. It is why I, and some others (not everyone), believe MA should be shown the door. Just this week he was clearly saying "When I signed..." so by his own admission he is  clearly to blame. If he stays it should only be as an administrator with no direct involvement in player identification for recruitment. 

Agree, hope that NP will bring in Steve Walsh when his contract ends in the USA this summer. Ashton is a good administrator and cuts a good deal on transfers, leave him to do that and not identify players

With the squad we had at the start of the season I think a top 6 place was achievable but an unbelievable injury list and a poor appointment ended that.

Much as I hate losing it’s probably better that Nigel has been able to have this period to assess the squad, the attitudes as much as the abilities. HNM had an apprenticeship at a top European club and it shows. Bakinson (and he has improved massively this season) seems to be more Palmer-like and casual on the field than say Semenyo, Vyner or HNM. Great players leave the dressing room and change into warriors whereas also-rans can’t step up or step to when required and boy we certainly have some also-rans.

It will be interesting to see if any of today’s players are more absent from team selection in the coming weeks. Players such as Tyreeq could be loaned out for a season to see if they can make it and some like Wells, Hunt, Mapps and Palmer may be moving on along with a good few others. Rowe may get a couple of games to prove himself but he is basically for all his commitment a 6th/7th choice midfielder playing full back. Nigels honeymoon may be over but for some players divorce is now the only option on the table. 

Archived