IGNORED

4 defeats at home

Pearcy

Can anyone tell me if any other City manager has had a worse losing streak in their first few home matches in charge?

I'm a Pearson fan and I don't think these results are entirely his fault, but you have to admit those stats don't make great reading.

I find it somewhat irrelevant tbh, the players heads are gone and are else where. Can understand the concerns though, not fun at all. I have a feeling it'll get worse and we'll see a couple more similar performances like today's. The team is a sinking ship, but the squad isn't. I hope we see a big shuffle next season. I've had a couple of ciders so im probably coming off proper dramatic 

Can't wait for this god awful season to end and I bet neither can NP so he can get to work. 

'Get to work'? Are you trying to be serious or just crazily trying to support a manager who hasnt impressed at all. His interviews suggest a wide number of things to most of us but his ability to improve our home peerformances must clearly be questioned with the sae squad as DH managed to get so many points from that we are no longer in danger of being the second team in Bristol to be relegated this season.

In the smae way i never liked the bandwagon against Lee Johnson when he was on a bad run, nor Dean Holden when things were clearly no as he wanted, i also dont think you can carry on defending an abysmal performance. If players are not responding to him at all then either the previous managers did a great job (because the players are essentially the same) OR NP doesnt have the magic most of us hoped he may have

16 minutes ago, Pearcy said:

Can anyone tell me if any other City manager has had a worse losing streak in their first few home matches in charge?

I'm a Pearson fan and I don't think these results are entirely his fault, but you have to admit those stats don't make great reading.

Lansdown and Ashton chose the personnel who assembled this group of no hopers. They should learn from their mistakes and sign up Pearson ASAP and let him assemble his own team, including his own assistants etc.   

5 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

'Get to work'? Are you trying to be serious or just crazily trying to support a manager who hasnt impressed at all. His interviews suggest a wide number of things to most of us but his ability to improve our home peerformances must clearly be questioned with the sae squad as DH managed to get so many points from that we are no longer in danger of being the second team in Bristol to be relegated this season.

In the smae way i never liked the bandwagon against Lee Johnson when he was on a bad run, nor Dean Holden when things were clearly no as he wanted, i also dont think you can carry on defending an abysmal performance. If players are not responding to him at all then either the previous managers did a great job (because the players are essentially the same) OR NP doesnt have the magic most of us hoped he may have

I think you took my 'get to work' sentense too literal. I dont mean his job begins then, but he has his work cut out for him in the summer. I understand all the criticisms and what you're saying, but personally I'll be judging him more after a big window. 

15 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

The reason we aren’t bang in trouble is we won three consecutive away games when Pearson was appointed. Holden would have relegated us in all probability as the players literally downed tools.

Well now the players are downing tools again and you seem to suggest another change of Manager???.

I would go as far to suggest that the senior players in the current squad are one of the worst bunches, attitude wise, ever to wear the shirt. You have a complete and utter waster up front picking up circa £25k per week who is literally stealing a living off the club. A captain who I hold culpable for a team that stopped playing for Holden. Plenty of other players who are only interested in their next move and have officially downed tools for the season.

Yeah, let’s offer them contracts and look for another manager........

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The reason we aren’t bang in trouble is we won three consecutive away games when Pearson was appointed. Holden would have relegated us in all probability as the players literally downed tools.

Pearson, although announced as manager the day before, merely "observed" the Boro game and took charge the day after. Boro was a Simpson/Downing game and IMO shouldn't be included in Pearson's stats. This was stated in the press release around his appointment. https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/pearson-joins-robins-as-manager/

Pearson has won 7 points from a possible 21. Beating Swansea and Birmingham, drawing with Blackburn, and losing the four home games. It's not been brilliant, but I think he's been experimenting and trying things out - almost treating it as an extension of pre-season tbh. I agree with that approach, this season has been dead for us competitively for some time now.

39 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Mate, have a few more and enjoy your Bank Holiday, Blimey. Nonsense.

It seems to me that to many players seem not be putting an honest shift in. So does that mean they are seeking a root out of AG and the new NP or they know they are to be off loaded. In which case they should be playing like crazy cause they wanna be in the shop window. Great injuries players coming back but maybe how match fit are they. 

One positive note yesterday thought Simpson not had time to do much but added a touch of composure. 

3 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

It seems to me that to many players seem not be putting an honest shift in. So does that mean they are seeking a root out of AG and the new NP or they know they are to be off loaded. In which case they should be playing like crazy cause they wanna be in the shop window. Great injuries players coming back but maybe how match fit are they. 

One positive note yesterday thought Simpson not had time to do much but added a touch of composure. 

I think some of them have given an impression they want to stay, NP has given them the carrot and they’ve let him down....making his decisions much easier.

4 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

It seems to me that to many players seem not be putting an honest shift in.

I think thats been happening for quite a while.

There are three or four that I could name straight away.

But for me, for all the noise on here, we still have the basis of a decent squad ;

Bentley & O'Leary

Kalas, Baker (if fit), Dasilva

Vyner

Williams, Walsh, Nagy, Massengo, Palmer, 

Weimann, Semenyo (with another pre-season under his belt).

All of the above will not hide away in games, they are not wall flowers, they will give 100%, and all will put a foot in (with the possible exceptions of Nagy/Massengo who don't need to as they make it up with the ground they cover and the numerous interceptions they make). They are all decent players at this level (maybe Walsh has yet to prove it and Semenyo needs to score a few). There seems to be some younger players coming through as well hopefully.

Marriappa has made a good impression but not sure if he's going to be here or not.

It does surprise me that NP has not been able to organise the team to get some decent performances at home but I suppose he's been without a few of the above at times and he needs to look at all players in competitive games. Hopefully, if that is the case, he's squared it with SL as it looks as dire as it was before he came here.

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

But for me, for all the noise on here, we still have the basis of a decent squad ;

Bentley & O'Leary

Vyner

All of the above will not hide away in games, they are not wall flowers, they will give 100%, and all will put a foot in (with the possible exceptions of Nagy/Massengo who don't need to as they make it up with the ground they cover and the numerous interceptions they make). They are all decent players at this level (maybe Walsh has yet to prove it and Semenyo needs to score a few). There seems to be some younger players coming through as well hopefully.

Marriappa has made a good impression but not sure if he's going to be here or not.

It does surprise me that NP has not been able to organise the team to get some decent performances at home but I suppose he's been without a few of the above at times and he needs to look at all players in competitive games. Hopefully, if that is the case, he's squared it with SL as it looks as dire as it was before he came here.

Yep, that bit is disappointing.  But the flip-side is he’s got to see first hand the problems.  Manager bounce hasn’t masked the issues.  He’s seen the character of our squad.  He won’t like what he’s seen.  Yesterday’s interview was controlled but underneath you could tell he was seething.  No calling out players and throwing them under the bus, but the opposite, calling out a player who did well to prove the point.

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, that bit is disappointing.  But the flip-side is he’s got to see first hand the problems.  Manager bounce hasn’t masked the issues.  He’s seen the character of our squad.  He won’t like what he’s seen.  Yesterday’s interview was controlled but underneath you could tell he was seething.  No calling out players and throwing them under the bus, but the opposite, calling out a player who did well to prove the point.

The last sentence is absolutely spot on. Did the opposite of what Barton is doing at the Few.

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I could sense that he was boiling underneath and rightly so.

I would have paid good money to be in that dressing room after the game.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Bentley & O'Leary

Vyner

Yes totally agree 

And I honestly think of those you list money will be offered for both Bentley and Semenyo and they will off to pastures new proberly in the Premier league 

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

I could sense that he was boiling underneath and rightly so.

I would have paid good money to be in that dressing room after the game.

There must be something truly wrong in our dressing room. In any team there are power brokers who back or take down the manager. I think this squad has had a very easy time for a very long time. Stoke had no more to play for than us and yet their effort and commitment was totally superior to ours. We seem to have recruited a lot of players who are happy to take the money and go through the motions. They got rid of DH and perhaps want to see the back of NP if he wants things to change.

At this point where many players don't seem to care if they play or not, what tools has NP got if he wants more effort? I think he knows if he says what he really thinks about the squad they would down tools even more.

I think he will eke out enough points for total safety then bring in the kids ready for the end of season clearance sale.

We just need to recruit some leaders and winners and people that actually want to win.

I am guessing NP is not the kind of coach to get the maximum from players who aren't particularly talented since he makes his feelings fairly obvious. I expect major changes to the squad in the summer with the new players mentally stronger and more mature than the ones we have currently, this is a good thing as we've been in a rut for a while with little or no signs of improvement. He knows what's required as he's had promotions before including out of this league so we have to be patient, the remaining games this season are meaningless (provided we manage one more win) so the results don't really matter, a chance for him to experiment with some different options, which he's doing. 

17 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

There must be something truly wrong in our dressing room. In any team there are power brokers who back or take down the manager. I think this squad has had a very easy time for a very long time. Stoke had no more to play for than us and yet their effort and commitment was totally superior to ours. We seem to have recruited a lot of players who are happy to take the money and go through the motions. They got rid of DH and perhaps want to see the back of NP if he wants things to change.

At this point where many players don't seem to care if they play or not, what tools has NP got if he wants more effort? I think he knows if he says what he really thinks about the squad they would down tools even more.

I think he will eke out enough points for total safety then bring in the kids ready for the end of season clearance sale.

We just need to recruit some leaders and winners and people that actually want to win.

Excellent Post and I think points out what is the cause of the 'problem ' with a lot of our molly coddled over paid squad.

Archived