IGNORED

Rebuild includes coaches

Top Robin

5 minutes ago, Sturny said:

How could we know it's the coaches though? As fans it's almost impossible to tell. 

You could argue of course the performances on the pitch are an example but it's really not that simple, or maybe it is? ??:P?

Coaches are not just there to improve the physical fitness, skill and techniques of players - they are also key in shaping the mental attitude of players.

They should also be a massive influence in advising the manager who should be picked and playing in which position.

Just now, Top Robin said:

Coaches are not just there to improve the physical fitness, skill and techniques of players - they are also key in shaping the mental attitude of players.

They should also be a massive influence in advising the manager who should be picked and playing in which position.

Hard case to argue against to be honest, but it's still only guess work but most likely spot on. 

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

Wheels are in motion along with Walsh and Stowell at Leicester 

If that’s Steve Walsh, was reading when he was DOF at Everton he recommended they sign Erling Haaland! He was in England all set to sign when he was at Salzburg but Everton pulled out. Someone said on here he helped spot Vardy etc too for Leicester, bonkers 

20 minutes ago, Nugget said:

If that’s Steve Walsh, was reading when he was DOF at Everton he recommended they sign Erling Haaland! He was in England all set to sign when he was at Salzburg but Everton pulled out. Someone said on here he helped spot Vardy etc too for Leicester, bonkers 

Vardy, Mahrez, Kante etc, apparently consulting for an MLS team atm so feasible he could want to jump back into the action with someone he knows and has been successful with

From WIKI:

In 2006, he left for the chief scout role at Newcastle United, where he met Nigel Pearson. He followed Pearson to Leicester City in 2008 and Hull City two years later, and then accompanied him on his return to Leicester, whereby he was made assistant manager. After Pearson was sacked in 2015, the club's board retained all of his staff, including Walsh.

Walsh scouted obscure players such as Riyad Mahrez, Jamie Vardy and N'Golo Kanté for Leicester, and their contribution to the club's success in the 2015–16 season ostensibly led Arsenal to express an interest for his services. He had a £1 million release clause written into his contract. 

In November 2017, Walsh's job was reported as under pressure. Everton had spent £150 million on new players over the summer but found themselves in danger of relegation and were eliminated from the UEFA Europa League. In addition to the expensive players that Everton signed, Walsh also recommended Hull duo Andy Robertson and Harry Maguire for a combined £20 million and teenage Norwegian striker Erling Haaland for €4 million; Everton rejected the trio, whose values soared years later.

Quite an impressive résumé....

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Wheels are in motion along with Walsh and Stowell at Leicester 

This would be perfect but I'm slightly sceptical we could get Shakespeare, Walsh I think could be out of contract soon so I could see that.

It would signal a big change at the top if we bring Walsh in for recruitment and one for the better.

NP getting the band back together would be great news

Reading some more about Walsh, was a good bit of banter about his comment re: Haaland etc from disgruntled Everton fans here, there is surely some truth to a gambler only telling you about his winnings as it says but I’d take 1 Vardy amongst 3/4 bad signings any day but he spent an absolute fortune there! 

For Everton he signed Bolasie (£26m!) & Ashley Williams. Think Sigurdsson was about £45m!? Did spot Calvert-Lewin though.

Seems they either flop or fly.

12 hours ago, Top Robin said:

If he stays he will also need to bring in his own coaches - the ones he inherited are not working.

Here we go. Classic OTIB.

Deciding the coaches aren't working even though you've never been coached by them.

Wonder if you were one of the 'Pembo is the best coach ever' brigade?

NP - if he stays - might well want to change the coaching staff or work with people who he has worked with before, but that doesn't mean the coaches we have currently are crap.

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Deciding the coaches aren't working even though you've never been coached by them.

NP - if he stays - might well want to change the coaching staff or work with people who he has worked with before, but that doesn't mean the coaches we have currently are crap.

Exactly Rob.  I’m inclined to believe it’s the players that are the problem, not the coaches.

9 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I often think when I see a post like the OP, is, what would the poster think if some random bloke on the internet said they were crap at their job (without knowing anything about them or what they do) and should be got rid of?

4 hours ago, Malago said:

Exactly Rob.  I’m inclined to believe it’s the players that are the problem, not the coaches.

Through injury, malaise and formation we have been right royally shite this season. 

They squad isn't full of Championship ready players and the early season good form has disguised the serious need to repress the start button.

Yes, we have some kids coming through the ranks who might be good enough, but we are (seem) to have some players who are here because this is their level, not because they want to play - and I include Hunt, Wells, Fam and Palmer in that.

They could all do better.

Archived