IGNORED

Walsh

Rocking Red Cyril

2 hours ago, tin said:

Andy Rolls has a track record of presiding over injury crises at West Ham, Arsenal and now us — for two seasons, don’t forget. That’s not a coincidence, IMO. 

The medical team — along with recruitment, coaching and players — needs a complete overhaul. 

If NP takes over next season. I'm sure he'll look to bring his own personnel in coaching wise.

He's also already alluded to "never knowing am injury situation, like we've had".

There are obviously massive question marks over the medical team at the club, and i would be very surprised if they haven't already been identified as an area where we need to make a change.

4 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

If NP takes over next season. I'm sure he'll look to bring his own personnel in coaching wise.

He's also already alluded to "never knowing am injury situation, like we've had".

There are obviously massive question marks over the medical team at the club, and i would be very surprised if they haven't already been identified as an area where we need to make a change.

That depends on who’s in charge of that decision, doesn’t it? Ashton won’t want to fire his mates in the medical team as it’ll reflect poorly on his judgement. If Ashton’s part of the clearout that’s needed, however — and he should be first out the door, IMO — it’s a different matter. 

20 hours ago, winsaw said:

That's because his at his correct level, he would never manage that in the championship , no shame in being a good league 1 player and am sure he will have a good career at that level, 

Well we don't know that do we as he was never given a chance here, we will probably find this out next season as Peterborough look very likely to come up

1 hour ago, westonred said:

Well we don't know that do we as he was never given a chance here, we will probably find this out next season as Peterborough look very likely to come up

Played in the right position and system I think he will do well in the Championship. He wasn’t even tried in the wrong position and system here.

6 hours ago, Richard Head said:

Played in the right position and system I think he will do well in the Championship. He wasn’t even tried in the wrong position and system here.

As I think so will Mo Elisa. Although I think both of them will be surpassed by Jonson Clarke-Harris.

On 03/04/2021 at 10:18, westonred said:

Talking of Sammy its a shame we got rid of Sammie Szmodics he's been banging them in for Peterborough (yes i know in Div1) 12 goals and 5 assists, another never given a chance here

He didn't help his chances here by having about as much influence on the game as the corner flag on the occasions he was handed an opportunity to show what he could do.

On 03/04/2021 at 16:08, tin said:

Andy Rolls has a track record of presiding over injury crises at West Ham, Arsenal and now us — for two seasons, don’t forget. That’s not a coincidence, IMO. 

The medical team — along with recruitment, coaching and players — needs a complete overhaul. 

How do you preside over an injury crisis when you're a physio who only looks after several players? That being his role at Arsenal

9 hours ago, Lrrr said:

How do you preside over an injury crisis when you're a physio who only looks after several players? That being his role at Arsenal

Don’t know much about previous injury problems but how do we explain, without going over old ground not just the initial injuries suffered but the recurrence or new injuries suffered when players return.

Off the top of my head, COD, Williams, Walsh, Baker have all returned to training only to suffer injury again, young Bell has suffered a hamstring injury I believe, having been training with the first team for a period, coincidence?   An unbelievable run of ‘bad luck’ that must have very little to do with luck and a lot to do with rehab and training regimes.

14 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

He didn't help his chances here by having about as much influence on the game as the corner flag on the occasions he was handed an opportunity to show what he could do.

As I stated when Sammie left I'd watched him on many occasions for the U23's & he clearly had an genuine eye for goal/ability to spot that 'opening.

Yea,,yea I know - but an eye for that one chance works wherever.

His option(with a little hindsight maybe) would have been most welcome of late as we're currently (again) looking bereft & unable to hit a 'cows arse with a banjo............   

2 hours ago, tin said:

Wrong. Rolls was head of sport science at Arsenal, not a standard physio. 

https://theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/15/arsenal-head-sport-science-west-ham

Read the 2nd paragraph of what your link said 

The north London club are to lose one of their physiotherapists, Simon Harland, and they have responded by taking Rolls

he was head of sport science at West Ham, he was a physio at arsenal, specifically he only worked him several players 

2 hours ago, Countryfile said:

Don’t know much about previous injury problems but how do we explain, without going over old ground not just the initial injuries suffered but the recurrence or new injuries suffered when players return.

Off the top of my head, COD, Williams, Walsh, Baker have all returned to training only to suffer injury again, young Bell has suffered a hamstring injury I believe, having been training with the first team for a period, coincidence?   An unbelievable run of ‘bad luck’ that must have very little to do with luck and a lot to do with rehab and training regimes.

Wasn’t referencing anything other than his time at Arsenal, the quote was he presided over the injury crisis there, hard to do when you’re one of a group of physios who each look after a group of several players each 

2 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

As I stated when Sammie left I'd watched him on many occasions for the U23's & he clearly had an genuine eye for goal/ability to spot that 'opening.

Yea,,yea I know - but an eye for that one chance works wherever.

His option(with a little hindsight maybe) would have been most welcome of late as we're currently (again) looking bereft & unable to hit a 'cows arse with a banjo............   

I thought he had that Matty Taylor pest-like quality.

On 04/04/2021 at 08:32, westonred said:

Listening to his interview on Talksport just now, he certainly feels that he wasn’t given a chance and although he says he’s only intent on posh winning, I suspect he will want to prove his point against LJ this pm

Archived