IGNORED

Keep

Alan Dicks

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks said:

Bents

Kalas

Vyner

Massengo

Weiman ( played much better with him in the side)

Semenyo

De Silva

All the young ones

Get rid of everyone else, have i missed anyone out?

Williams, we have no idea about him

There are a lot still under contract that it will prove hard to shift. The likes of Moore, Bakinson, Wells, possibly Nagy.

Far better to concentrate on those whose deals expire first, of those (there are about 14), Mariappa might get a deal as cover but I cannot see much of a case for any of the others, personally I like Paterson but he has had a horrible season injury wise, so would understand us parting ways.

O’Leary is 24 so cannot be called a youngster any more, he should definitely stay.

19 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Bents

Kalas

Vyner

Massengo

Semenyo

De Silva

All the young ones

I’d personally remove Weinmann and Jay DaSilva from that list but apart from that bang on for me. 

I wouldn’t be bothered about Kalas either way because as far as I’m concerned he captained a team that downed tools at Watford and got destroyed. I appreciate that NP cannot just rip the lot up but being captained by a bloke who picks and chooses when he fancies it doesn’t appeal massively to me. As I said, not fussed either way. Rest of the list plus O’Leary and Williams looks about right. The sooner the rest **** off the better for me. No room for sentiment to players who have robbed a living this season.

41 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

There are a lot still under contract that it will prove hard to shift. The likes of Moore, Bakinson, Wells, possibly Nagy.

Far better to concentrate on those whose deals expire first, of those (there are about 14), Mariappa might get a deal as cover but I cannot see much of a case for any of the others, personally I like Paterson but he has had a horrible season injury wise, so would understand us parting ways.

O’Leary is 24 so cannot be called a youngster any more, he should definitely stay.

Those four were the ones I said last night have a very strong chance of not being here next season.  Wells will be hard to shift because of wages, but not impossible.

25 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I wouldn’t be bothered about Kalas either way because as far as I’m concerned he captained a team that downed tools at Watford and got destroyed. I appreciate that NP cannot just rip the lot up but being captained by a bloke who picks and chooses when he fancies it doesn’t appeal massively to me. As I said, not fussed either way. Rest of the list plus O’Leary and Williams looks about right. The sooner the rest **** off the better for me. No room for sentiment to players who have robbed a living this season.

Don’t hold that against him.  We saw from his interview he cares massively about standards, but the captain role in football is in reality wearing a band and choosing heads or tails.  Leadership is very different.  We have very few in our squad.

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I wouldn’t be bothered about Kalas either way because as far as I’m concerned he captained a team that downed tools at Watford and got destroyed. I appreciate that NP cannot just rip the lot up but being captained by a bloke who picks and chooses when he fancies it doesn’t appeal massively to me. As I said, not fussed either way. Rest of the list plus O’Leary looks about right. The sooner the rest **** off the better for me. No room for sentiment to players who have robbed a living this season.

Kalas is a very good defender imo but a poor captain. Some question the need for captains in modern football, other than to choose ends, but I firmly believe that top teams need strong leadership, both on and off the pitch.

We don’t have a natural captain at the club and I think NP will want to recruit a leader in the summer. 

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

Bents

Kalas

Vyner

Massengo

Semenyo

De Silva

All the young ones

Quite sad those are the only players I care about at the moment, the rest I couldn't care less if I never saw them play for us again. 

De Silva, new brazilian youngster? 

Just now, winsaw said:

I agree with most of the names on the OP but would not keep Bentley he makes to many silly mistake and seems quite mentally weak , also would get rid of Jay he's not the same player he was before his injuries 

I think that's harsh! If it wasn't for Bentley's fantastic saves (Some last minute to keep 3 points) in the first half of season I generally believe we'd have 6-8 points less and be staring down a very real relegation threat. Though I agree he's been poor in the last few games. But we've all seen his quality.

I also couldn't disagree more about Jay, the amount of times I've had friends watch City games and they've asked who our left back was! I think next season he'll really kick off. 

4 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I think that's harsh! If it wasn't for Bentley's fantastic saves (Some last minute to keep 3 points) in the first half of season I generally believe we'd have 6-8 points less and be staring down a very real relegation threat. Though I agree he's been poor in the last few games. But we've all seen his quality.

I also couldn't disagree more about Jay, the amount of times I've had friends watch City games and they've asked who our left back was! I think next season he'll really kick off. 

I will not disagree that he has made some great saves to win us a couple of games but the silly mistakes has cost us as many points as he has earned us if not more, as soon as something goes wrong for him he falls to peace's we need a far more consistent goal keeper for next season, 

I hope you are right about Jay but at the moment he looks a million miles away for when we first had him , maybe a good preseason with a decent manager will get him back on track 

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

Bents

Kalas

Vyner

Massengo

Semenyo

De Silva

All the young ones

Aren’t there already about 4/5 threads about this?

34 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Kalas is a very good defender imo but a poor captain. 

Agree - rarely seen bark encouragement or admonishment to his teammates. Good player at this level but at the same time the mainstay of one of the worst defenses in the Championship

32 minutes ago, winsaw said:

I agree with most of the names on the OP but would not keep Bentley he makes to many silly mistake and seems quite mentally weak , also would get rid of Jay he's not the same player he was before his injuries 

Ahh yes, 2 genuine mistakes that cost goals in 40 games this season (in which he has been ridiculously busy in at least half, probably 3/4).

Get rid not good enough.

Let’s give O’Leary a go despite the fact that the previous 3 managers who see them train every day have picked Bentley ahead of him.

38 minutes ago, winsaw said:

You wouldn’t keep our player of the season by a country mile?

Yeh... alright mate. Nice one. 

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

Get rid of everyone else

Williams & Walsh ? They were to be our starting midfield partnership under Holden, injury stopped that but no reason to think they wouldn't be important members of NP's squad. I'd even add Wells, not the easiest to get rid of and TBF can finish. Get some service to him and he will score, plus I don't think we can afford 2 new strikers.

2 hours ago, One Team said:

I’d personally remove Weinmann and Jay DaSilva from that list

Weimann for his workrate  is worth a year. JD should , at long last , be injury free. Technically one of the best at the club, with a more organised team will be important.

31 minutes ago, winsaw said:

would not keep Bentley he makes to many silly mistake and seems quite mentally weak

He has , single handedly kept us in games at times. I do think he is a confidence player, possibly why we only paid £2m for him, or why we got him at all. He had improved this season, looked better commanding his area, but he has made mistakes. I doubt we would get better with the money we will have, plus I doubt there will be massive bids in. Happily keep him, but "good' offer comes in, that's different.

48 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Kalas is a very good defender imo but a poor captain.

I don't think we need a "Captain" as such, what we need is more vocal players. I would want all the team to shout and give help/advice to team mates. You can't see everything, what you need is other players perspective to help you. We seem a quiet team that leaves others to get on with things.

3 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

Lansbury not making an appearance on anyone's lists?

**** no, unless it a taxi for list.

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You wouldn’t keep our player of the season by a country mile?

Yeh... alright mate. Nice one. 

No way is he our player of the season , don't know why he's so overrated by so many on here, some of the comments about him going to the prem and playing for England are proper :laugh: stuff, we got him as he wasn't good enough for Brentford , we need to be aiming for players of the level Brentford has not ones who are not of that level if we ever want to go up

Bents - unless we get an 8 figure fee offer

Max - HG backup, tidy enough

Dasilva - hope he doesn't pick up any more injuries

Rowe - Unpopular but very tidy utility option, and as I'm hoping we'll shift some of the 'experienced' players so he may have a part to prove in the leadership

Vyner - Championship standard defender

Kalas - very good innit

Walsh - worth giving him a new deal and a try, if he's not up to it there will likely be suitors

Williams - Give him a crack

Nagy - pearson doesn't seem to like him, wouldn't be against him moving if we got a tidy sum though

Bakinson - likewise, with interest in him a move wouldn't be bad if we got some cash but if not, tidy squad option

Massengo - undoubtedly going to be key next season

Semenyo - keep at all costs

Big changes needed

Pearson will be looking to build his team around not only talented players, but crucially individuals with fight and character.

Therefore I expect several players we have missed to be mainstays in his team next season - those being Williams, Walsh and Dasilva.

I suspect he will have a positive opinion of Kalas, Vyner, Massengo, Semenyo & Bentley; perhaps Rowe & Weimann. Not so sure about O'Dowda and Nagy but they may be kept for the medium term while the transition takes place.

I doubt players like Hunt, Moore, Bakinson, Baker, Lansbury, Marriappa,  Adelakun, Paterson, Watkins or Wells are part of his plans.

I wouldn't be surprised if none of them feature in the next squad photo.

5 minutes ago, winsaw said:

No way is he our player of the season , don't know why he's so overrated by so many on here, some of the comments about him going to the prem and playing for England are proper :laugh: stuff, we got him as he wasn't good enough for Brentford , we need to be aiming for players of the level Brentford has not ones who are not of that level if we ever want to go up

You’re genuinely the only person who thinks he isn’t our player of the season. 

1 hour ago, markcarter said:

Get rid of Wells for any price at all.  Be more than happy with £20.  He’s a total disgrace.

Where are we going to find a club prepared to take just £20 from us to take Wells off our hands ? 

I reckon we'd need to increase our offer to at least £100!

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You’re genuinely the only person who thinks he isn’t our player of the season. 

Not disagreeing and maybe a tad harsh but after the way this season has gone the club should have a Young Player of the Season and leave it there. I don’t thing any of the senior players deserve any kind of award.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Not disagreeing and maybe a tad harsh but after the way this season has gone the club should have a Young Player of the Season and leave it there. I don’t thing any of the senior players deserve any kind of award.

Outfield wise, I agree. 

But you cannot blame a keeper for what’s going on in front of him. Bentley has one job, to keep the ball out of the net. And Barring one game in 40 odd (a couple of weeks ago), he’s done as good a job as any goal keeper in the country would have. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Outfield wise, I agree. 

But you cannot blame a keeper for what’s going on in front of him. Bentley has one job, to keep the ball out of the net. And Barring one game in 40 odd (a couple of weeks ago), he’s done as good a job as any goal keeper in the country would have. 

He also conceded a shocker v Bournemouth but that’s splitting hairs tbf. I’m not sure what people expect at this level. On the awards thing I just have such a low opinion and lack of respect of our senior players tbh and whilst it might be harsh on Bentley I would send the message anyway if it was my money propping up the club.

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Totally agree about Kalas. He's overrated on here. He's in no way a leader, which is what you need at the back.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

It might surprise you to hear that I’m in favour of keeping Walsh. 

If only to win a £10 bet ???

As for squad.

I’m glad I kept my powder dry on Bakinson and didn’t go all-in on him after 4-5 games.  Came in and did well early season, but we were also playing well (debatable admittedly).  I think teams sussed his weaknesses which I said would happen and then we’d see his true ability as the season progressed.

What we appear to have seen is what has happened in previous seasons he’s had on loan.  A blistering start followed by a tail off.  He’s been given a challenge by NP and he’s not risen to it.

Do I think he’s a bad player?  Definitely not.  Do I think he’s got the desire to succeed?  Probably not.  Would I try and move him on in the summer?  Probably.

Taylor Moore.  Another summer at Crossroads Motel!!  We write the same stuff every Spring.  He’s 24 in a month’s time and has fallen down the pecking order.  He’s not a lost cause by any stretch, but at some point I’d hoped he’d have kicked on.

Nahki Wells. Unless NP sees him as his #1 CF, then I see little point in keeping him and playing him LW.  Won’t be easy to shift, but we will see on Monday who starts.

Adam Nagy.  I’d try and get whatever I can for him.  I’ve written plenty, I don’t think he’s what we need.

Squad for the summer subject to bids for players you’d want to keep:

Bentkey / O’Leary

No RB

Kalas / Vyner / Cundy / Baker

Dasilva / Pring / Nurse

Massengo / Williams / Walsh / O’Dowda / Palmer

Weimann / Martin / Semenyo

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Aren’t there already about 4/5 threads about this?

Insightful contribution.

I think it’s clear that the issue extends way beyond pure playing ability now and it is the mindsets that have been ingrained in to the players by successive managers/head coaches. 

In my opinion, it is the perfect time to have big clear-out and let NP arrest the rot and fear that has been tolerated for too long. To do that, he needs his own players and most importantly, time.

Archived