IGNORED

help needed with a John Galley memory

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Can any one recall when we played Middlesbrough in the late 1960's and early 1970's

When either the Green or the Evening post did an article about whether John Gally was to alledgly have punched one of his goals into his net?

Perfectly fair

I think a lot of strikers have done this in the past, I seem to remember one being scored against us by someone like Stan Bowles? and the player laughing when he realised that the referee had missed it. The most recent one I remember was Fam Versus Sunderland which would have put us 4-0 up and given him his hat trick. I often wonder if the Sunderland players got angry and that's why the game ended 3-3.

29 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think a lot of strikers have done this in the past, I seem to remember one being scored against us by someone like Stan Bowles? and the player laughing when he realised that the referee had missed it. The most recent one I remember was Fam Versus Sunderland which would have put us 4-0 up and given him his hat trick. I often wonder if the Sunderland players got angry and that's why the game ended 3-3.

I remember Joe Jordan punching one in for Scotland against Wales in a world cup or euro play-off game at Anfield I think. The goal stood.

Archived