IGNORED

When will NP get the nod for the job...

DT The Optimist

...or is it in doubt?

At the time my ST renewal invitation arrived we suffered another defeat following a turgid performance with one shot  on goal in 90 minutes.  

I will put my case that I want NP to be appointed ASAP so he can sort this out.  I was half expecting an announcement from the club he had the job during the international break but it never came.  Has SL, JL MA got reservations now because of wretched home form, really believing this set of players should be delivering more.. 

should they just not be happy we are at least more or less safe and realise that this injury plagued squad is not good enough to challenge, and surgery is needed.   

I believe he will be appointed,  & sooner the better.  Trusted to get on with it and create a side that can achieve.  NP has said as much to McGregor on the Bristol live feed...waiting to the summer is too late.  Is this a veiled warning...  I for one will be more than p1ssed off if I renew and find out the merry go round is spinning again...

• The title was changed to When will NP get the nod for the job...
10 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

SL said on the 3peeps podcast he will be meeting NP face to face for the first time in a few weeks . Speaks to him regularly but wants to meet in person . I wouldn’t expect anything to happen before then 

he also said that NP and the club are acting as if its long term but is waiting to meet him before doing the deal as pointed out above

25 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

...or is it in doubt?

At the time my ST renewal invitation arrived we suffered another defeat following a turgid performance with one shot  on goal in 90 minutes.  

I will put my case that I want NP to be appointed ASAP so he can sort this out.  I was half expecting an announcement from the club he had the job during the international break but it never came.  Has SL, JL MA got reservations now because of wretched home form, really believing this set of players should be delivering more.. 

should they just not be happy we are at least more or less safe and realise that this injury plagued squad is not good enough to challenge, and surgery is needed.   

I believe he will be appointed,  & sooner the better.  Trusted to get on with it and create a side that can achieve.  NP has said as much to McGregor on the Bristol live feed...waiting to the summer is too late.  Is this a veiled warning...  I for one will be more than p1ssed off if I renew and find out the merry go round is spinning again...

If I renew my season ticket and we end up with Michael Appleton or similar this particular “regime” would have received my money in any form for the last time.

17 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You would like to think that a man who says negotiating in the summer is “too late” is certainly interested in negotiating......

I would prefer to see the negotiations as being done and dusted to bring some stability.

25 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I would prefer to see the negotiations as being done and dusted to bring some stability.

You would think we have an idea of what he wants at this point. In the unlikely event he indicated he was after £1m per week you would also hope we were lining up his replacement.

19 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You would think we have an idea of what he wants at this point. In the unlikely event he indicated he was after £1m per week you would also hope we were lining up his replacement.

Noel Edmonds is available 

2 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

...or is it in doubt?

DT, a true optimist would think that we’ll offer NP the job, he’ll immediately sign and we’ll be promoted by Christmas. ;)

17 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

He may think we are a lost cause and turn us down.

I think he sees the potential  of the club and would like the challenge. What could be the problem is if SL is not prepared to give the backing that he requires to get the job done. And for me that is a real worry.

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

That’s a good view point....but the greatest  who is available who let’s be fair built a Prem league winning team... so I would say yes 

His record looks pretty ordinary to me and he doesn’t stay anywhere for long, which is often a sign he’s a complicated character. He’s hardly improved things here...tbh it sounds rather like the fewers who are entranced with St. Joey and his notoriety and achievements count for little.

I know this is a minority view but I fear he is just another bag of wind who will fail to exploit the potential of our club...let’s wait and see what his W L D and points look like at the end of the season.

If SL was looking at an indication of performances improving before hiring NP, then he would be well within his rights to say "thanks but no thanks" as there has been no improvement at all and some players have not responded to him at all.

On the other hand, if NP has indicated to SL that he needs to see all the players in a competitive situation and performances won't necessarily improve, and SL has bought into that, then all well and good.

Whatever, the jury is out for me - and thats after me having him as my number one choice when Johnson got the boot and being really pleased when he finally got the job after Holden.

Its been disappointing imo.

28 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

This is the more likely scenario I think.

Now that he is back in good health and clearly wanting to get back in to football management, I think he's bound to draw interest from elsewhere. He has a proven record of success and won't want to damage his reputation. 

Granted there are no guarantees that he will bring success should he stay. But he's by far the most qualified Manager we've had (I'm not counting Coppell) to get promotion to the top flight. So i think we should give him a decent go. Preferably ASAP.

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

SL said on the 3peeps podcast he will be meeting NP face to face for the first time in a few weeks . Speaks to him regularly but wants to meet in person . I wouldn’t expect anything to happen before then 

I assume Zoom face to face?

8 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

His record looks pretty ordinary to me and he doesn’t stay anywhere for long, which is often a sign he’s a complicated character. He’s hardly improved things here...tbh it sounds rather like the fewers who are entranced with St. Joey and his notoriety and achievements count for little.

I know this is a minority view but I fear he is just another bag of wind who will fail to exploit the potential of our club...let’s wait and see what his W L D and points look like at the end of the season.

Agree completely. Most on here thinks he walks on water.

38 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

His second spell at Leicester he was in charge for 182 games, you don’t think that is “staying anywhere for long”?

His “ordinary” record includes 2 title wins as a manager, one of them The Championship, with 102 points..

The rest of it is your opinion, but comparing his record to that of Barton is frankly totally ******* embarrassing.

As for the WDL bit, you do realise he has only been able to bring in one player, a free agent?

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

Exactly - it seems most people think the decision is down to those who run Bristol City FC - Nigel is an experienced geezer - he may even fancy the Sheff Utd gig, and yes I know he’s a Sheff Weds legend and yes I know he has said in the past that he wouldn’t want to live in the city where he works (his family home is in Sheffield) - but that was then, this is now ... Pearson’s future isn’t just down to the top people at our club deciding whether they want to keep him or not - the guy is proven, experienced and successful - he doesn’t need to beg us for a contract extension ... he could easily walk knowing his services would be in demand...

Archived