IGNORED

When will NP get the nod for the job...

DT The Optimist

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The 3PIAP comment that SL didn’t think LJ was ready, but that LJ was very persuasive was a “shocking” (ok too strong a word) revelation for me.  How persuasive was LJ over recruitment too?  SL’s judgement typified by his comment about the Johnsons being friends.

Find it crazy that a whole organisation, worth 100's of millions all geared to supporting one person for success, and they appoint someone not ready, but persuasive... It's actually pretty laughable

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’m not sure why but SC just never did it for me. Sure he got us promoted and normally I’d join in the many SC ‘love-ins’ we see on here but I just can’t. I know he was at Burnley and Cheltenham but that apart I’ve no idea where  else he’s been.

GJ is a decent enough lower league manager as his CV shows but part from one season he was out of his depth in the Championship. He’s at the right level now and doing an ok job. Much easier to intimidate and bully lower level footballers with less ability than fully fledged Championship players.

SoD had an awkward ‘doesn’t suffer fools gladly’ persona and fell out with SL over the Botswana trip. Had he stayed then he would probably have done a decent job but we’ll never know.

You are one weird person.

You say Cotterill was unproven but then you admit you have “no idea” where he’s been apart from Burnley & Cheltenham. Nottingham Forest, Portsmouth, ever heard of them? Totally unproven, eh?

Your assessment of GJ, as usual is truly pathetic.  Out of his depth in The Championship, yep, loads of other managers have managed to get Yeovil promoted into it, a club about the size of the average League Two one.

Be interested to hear what SOD fell out with SL re Botswana? Was it that because he was sacked about a year before we ever went there? He wasn’t sacked because he “fell out” with SL, we were on our way to League Two.

Think your dementia is getting worse.

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Be interested to hear what SOD fell out with SL re Botswana? Was it that because he was sacked about a year before we ever went there? He wasn’t sacked because he “fell out” with SL, we were on our way league one

Poor old SOD used to come out with remarks like ‘did not look at league table’ & performance was more important than results...when your bottom of table.. and the famous ‘no more stupid questions’ It was a really weird time to support City !

Some fascinating comments from SL on the podcast and first time that it has ever been revealed by SL, as picked up by others , about LJ,  and him not being ready.  
Would love to be a fly on the wall when NP & SL Eventually  meet in person in next few weeks...and where will MA fit into this.   interesting times yet again..

At least NP can tell him directly what is needed..

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

You are one weird person.

You say Cotterill was unproven but then you admit you have “no idea” where he’s been apart from Burnley & Cheltenham. Nottingham Forest, Portsmouth, ever heard of them? Totally unproven, eh?

Your assessment of GJ, as usual is truly pathetic.  Out of his depth in The Championship, yep, loads of other managers have managed to get Yeovil promoted into it, a club about the size of the average League Two one.

Be interested to hear what SOD fell out with SL re Botswana? Was it that because he was sacked about a year before we ever went there? He wasn’t sacked because he “fell out” with SL, we were on our way to League Two.

Think your dementia is getting worse.

Where did I say SC was unproven?.............:cool2: Read my post again.

SoD - we all know that he he could be ‘difficult’, his interviews showed us that. My understanding is that he didn’t want the Botswana trip to happen because of the serious risk to his players when facing local team who would be fired up against professional players.

I would think that SoD would have been awkward to work with and clashed with people, particularly those above him,

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Where did I say SC was unproven?.............:cool2: Read my post again.

SoD - we all know that he he could be ‘difficult’, his interviews showed us that. My understanding is that he didn’t want the Botswana trip to happen because of the serious risk to his players when facing local team who would be fired up against professional players.

I would think that SoD would have been awkward to work with and clashed with people, particularly those above him,

Earlier in the topic you said City haven't had a proven manager since Wilson.

The Botswana thing and SOD sounds like total bollocks tbh.

3 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Earlier in the topic you said City haven't had a proven manager since Wilson.

When SC was appointed I wasn’t aware that he’d taken a Championship club into the PL as Wilson had with Barnsley and as Nige did with Leicester - that’s what I mean by proven.

Tbh, I have no idea what SC had achieved prior to City............:dunno:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

When SC was appointed I wasn’t aware that he’d taken a Championship club into the PL as Wilson had with Barnsley and as Nige did with Leicester - that’s what I mean by proven.

Tbh, I have no idea what SC had achieved prior to City............:dunno:

Your definition of proven would be wrong then.

At least your happy to admit your knowledge of football managers is less than most on here. A quick Google can work wonders.

If you could just link us to the story on the OS (or anywhere!) about SOD and Botswana, that would be great. Unless of course that's just rumor and conjecture or in this case, made up nonsense.

14 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Your definition of proven would be wrong then.

At least your happy to admit your knowledge of football managers is less than most on here. A quick Google can work wonders.

I’m not remotely interested in what SC has on his managerial CV so I wasn’t aware that he’d achieved promotion to the PL as Wilson and Pearson had.........:cool2: Any manager who does achieve promotion from the Championship qualifies as ‘proven’ They’ve  been there and done it.

So I repeat - until Nige arrived we’d not had a proven manager since Danny Wilson 

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m not remotely interested in what SC has on his managerial CV so I wasn’t aware that he’d achieved promotion to the PL as Wilson and Pearson had.........:cool2: Any manager who does achieve promotion from the Championship qualifies as ‘proven’ They’ve  been there and done it.

So I repeat - until Nige arrived we’d not had a proven manager since Danny Wilson 

Wrong.

Proven in the context of hiring a new manager would be that they can do it at the level you are at and have had success.

By your definition, a team in the lower leagues looking for a proven manager would therefore want someone who has a promotion from the Champ to the Prem? A non-league team could be looking for a proven manager, as could an amateur side. Your definition of a proven manager is unique to yourself and not correct.

Why would any supporter not be interested in the career record of a manager that's been given the job?

I think you are on the troll again RR.

5 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Wrong.

Proven in the context of hiring a new manager would be that they can do it at the level you are at and have had success.

By your definition, a team in the lower leagues looking for a proven manager would therefore want someone who has a promotion from the Champ to the Prem? A non-league team could be looking for a proven manager, as could an amateur side. Your definition of a proven manager is unique to yourself and not correct.

Why would any supporter not be interested in the career record of a manager that's been given the job?

The word proven is defined by evidence and both Wilson and Nige have evidence to show that they’ve achieved promotion to the PL.

When did SC achieve the same? I must have missed it..........:dunno:

Just now, Robbored said:

The word proven is defined by evidence and both Wilson and Nige have evidence to show that they’ve achieved promotion to the PL.

When did SC achieve the same? I must have missed it..........:dunno:

Again, your hung up on proven meaning promotion to the Prem from the Champ which it doesn't.

I'm off out for a walk on a nice morning. Someone else can continue feeding the troll.

He should have had at least a one year rolling contract, longer the delay the more likely this was just a ST seller appointment................bleeding hope not. Wake up Steve get it done Jumping Wake Up GIF by Brimstone (The Grindhouse Radio, Hound Comics)

2 hours ago, Gazred said:

Wrong.

I think you are on the troll again RR.

Like I said.

Buffoon.

I have not read the whole thread so apologies if this has been mentioned. But comments  from SL don't suggest to me that there is any great hurry to appoint NP. I consider him an asset  that other clubs would like to steal. And also surely there will come a point by which Pearson will want his future sorted out. I still have this lingering concern that we will blow our chance of signing the manager the club have been crying out for. So Mr Lansdown get in your bloody helicopter fly to Bristol and sign this man up so we can start to move forward.

7 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I have not read the whole thread so apologies if this has been mentioned. But comments  from SL don't suggest to me that there is any great hurry to appoint NP. I consider him an asset  that other clubs would like to steal. And also surely there will come a point by which Pearson will want his future sorted out. I still have this lingering concern that we will blow our chance of signing the manager the club have been crying out for. So Mr Lansdown get in your bloody helicopter fly to Bristol and sign this man up so we can start to move forward.

Totally agree with you. In addition to that, now is the time that players’ contracts should be being sorted & recruitment for next season started none of which can be done without a manager in place. 

Hopefully Nigel’s future will be sorted out soon. We do not want a repeat of last year’s recruitment policy. We need to up for it with a proper manager in place! 
A total clear out of all players that have no desire to play for the badge. 
Pearson has already mentioned the quality of some of our younger players. So moving forward we need someone like Nigel Pearson in place so come Mr Ashton and Lansdown sort it out now 

2 hours ago, hertsexile said:

Hopefully Nigel’s future will be sorted out soon. We do not want a repeat of last year’s recruitment policy. We need to up for it with a proper manager in place! 
Pearson has already mentioned the quality of some of our younger players. So moving forward we need someone like Nigel Pearson in place so come Mr Ashton and Lansdown sort it out now 

2 hours ago, hertsexile said:

It will. The players are making sure of it.

Archived