IGNORED

When will NP get the nod for the job...

DT The Optimist

2 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

If NP is not signed, then FFS this shambles of a club can shove it where the sun don’t shine. It is a mess than needs unpicking by someone who knows who should go from some of these billy big bollox so called players.

There is always the possibility that NP won’t want to stay ...

Rannieri was manager when Leicester won the Premiership, they were 14th the previous season before Pearson was sacked. His recent record is better than Barton but not much...and he’s done 3/5ths of bugger all to improve things here since he arrived. Hence the companion with Barton.

2 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

Is he really that great?

Perhaps hold that question until he's had a chance to clear the decks and bring in his team of players, possibly coaching staff too and get over this injury problem we have. Then you (and all of us) can judge him fairly.

Personally, based on his record i'd definately give him a chance. 

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Nobody thinks he walks on water. Why are you lying?

Calm down. I'm in the NP camp at the moment but finding it difficult to understand the over the top enthusiasm for him. OK, he's had success, but as a previous poster said, the trouble and unexplained sackings are a concern.

17 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

Rannieri was manager when Leicester won the Premiership, they were 14th the previous season before Pearson was sacked. His recent record is better than Barton but not much...and he’s done 3/5ths of bugger all to improve things here since he arrived. Hence the companion with Barton.

Yeah, we should probably sack him...

Your argument would carry more weight if you didn't just make things up.

I want City to succeed as much anyone and hope NP does it for us...I think the culture will look just fine when we are winning, which really is all the coach/managers job is about.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yeah, we should probably sack him...

Your argument would carry more weight if you didn't just make things up.

What have I made up?

3 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

I want City to succeed as much anyone and hope NP does it for us...I think the culture will look just fine when we are winning, which really is all the coach/managers job is about.

What have I made up?

Out of interest, why is your username fatknacker, the name Middlesbrough fans gave to Lee Tomlin? Are you even a City fan?

Cheers. 

22 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Has to stay. Failure to extend NP will result in relegation for us next season. We really need to restructure the culture at this club. 

I dont think it would result in relegation. Most of the team will leave regardless and I'm sure there will be other candidates with money to spend that can improve us.

I'm confident we'll be a better team and I'm not 100% NP will be here. Hope he is though.

1 hour ago, Fatknacker said:

His record looks pretty ordinary to me and he doesn’t stay anywhere for long, which is often a sign he’s a complicated character. He’s hardly improved things here...tbh it sounds rather like the fewers who are entranced with St. Joey and his notoriety and achievements count for little.

I know this is a minority view but I fear he is just another bag of wind who will fail to exploit the potential of our club...let’s wait and see what his W L D and points look like at the end of the season.

If rather be looking at his WLD say end of Jan / Feb 22, when he’s had best part of a year, cleared out some of the shit, and brought his own in.

With relegation avoided, he can use the rest of the season to experiment for all I care.  If that helps him realise that player x is his type of player and player y isn’t, that’s fine by me.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

If rather be looking at his WLD say end of Jan / Feb 22, when he’s had best part of a year, cleared out some of the shit, and brought his own in.

With relegation avoided, he can use the rest of the season to experiment for all I care.  If that helps him realise that player x is his type of player and player y isn’t, that’s fine by me.

All reasonable points but he’s meant to be a coach, which I always thought entailed coaching people to do things in a certain way. Transfer activity is obviously a part of development but so is working with existing resources.

Personally I wouldn’t give anyone as long as you propose and I’d expect to see progress this season, working with what he’s got.

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No , in person . Guernsey is out of lockdown soon and so will we be . I’d imagine NP will go to see him over there . They would of both been vaccinated as well . 
plus you obviously didn’t read the post properly to post you’re response ? 

DIdn't realise Gurnsey was lifting its lockdown so took the face to face in a few weeks as in a few weeks previously on a zoom call as opposed to a actual meeting

53 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

All reasonable points but he’s meant to be a coach, which I always thought entailed coaching people to do things in a certain way. Transfer activity is obviously a part of development but so is working with existing resources.

Personally I wouldn’t give anyone as long as you propose and I’d expect to see progress this season, working with what he’s got.

You can’t work with players that don’t want to work. He will work with those that do. 

1 hour ago, Desso said:

Calm down. I'm in the NP camp at the moment but finding it difficult to understand the over the top enthusiasm for him. OK, he's had success, but as a previous poster said, the trouble and unexplained sackings are a concern.

2 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

Well we are all truly thankful that you are not making decisions over our future manager. And your expectancy of turning  this squad around in 2 months when it has taken 5  years to produce one of the weakest bunch of players we have had at the club is laughable.

10 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

I think he sees the potential  of the club and would like the challenge. What could be the problem is if SL is not prepared to give the backing that he requires to get the job done. And for me that is a real worry.

Im not so sure, If SL wants investment in the club with looking towards handing over to the right investers in a few years time we are going to look a lot more marketable to suiters with an experienced manager at the helm and moving in the right direction. 

11 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I won’t renew until he’s appointed 

He’s the man to get us out of this mess and he needs to offload some of this deadwood 

I know this is going to be unpopular but it’s a genuine question. Why does everyone think he is the man to sort us out? Just a quick look through his recent career and nothing jumps out as being massively impressive? I will probably get the “miles better than johnson/holden” which i understand. There is just something stopping me and making me think i don’t get all the hype. 

8 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

I know this is going to be unpopular but it’s a genuine question. Why does everyone think he is the man to sort us out? Just a quick look through his recent career and nothing jumps out as being massively impressive? I will probably get the “miles better than johnson/holden” which i understand. There is just something stopping me and making me think i don’t get all the hype. 

There are no guarantees whoever is appointed but with NP at least he has a decent CV having taken the Foxes out of the Championship and other than Danny Wilson 20+years ago City have not had a proven manager.

During the age between LJ and Deano getting appointed posters were calling for just that - experience. Names like MM and CH were being bandied about and NP falls into that category.  

Archived