IGNORED

Next season

Topper 123

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

Anyone thinks this team are good enough to compete next season WAKE UP. Look at WBA today at Chelsea this a team we’ll be playing next season -be honest and wake up

Yes agreed. 

But next season we will have many recovering players fully fit. There will be transfers out, some we want gone and others we hoped would stay. And a number of new signings and possibly a new coaching and physio set up. 

So I not sure how we can make any comparison to the two moments in time 

Just my point of view 

And hopefully next season crowds coming back. Which is a big change of dynamic on this season 

I think its impossible to guess what next season will look like.

Firstly, we've got to secure Big Nige on a suitable long term contract and he has to be allowed to do things his way. I'm sure he will introduce youngsters to the team when its right, but we are crying out for a few experienced Champ leaders down the spine of the side.

Hopefully moving forward, supporters can get back in to stadiums and that will also impact clubs in different ways... our home form clearly can't get any worse!

Finances post covid are going to make life tougher than ever, so with good recruitment and a positive summer of coaching... who knows

10 hours ago, Magger1 said:

Anyone thinks this team are good enough to compete next season WAKE UP. Look at WBA today at Chelsea this a team we’ll be playing next season -be honest and wake up

Who's saying that though? I don't think anyone is. 

It's unanimous that we need to strengthen significantly. 

It will take Pearson at least a season to sort out the current mess and shape the team / squad to his way of playing. I don't expect us to be competing at the top end of the table but I do expect us to be competing in each game.

The season after that I would expect a challenge for the top 6.

Just now, Sir Geoff said:

It will take Pearson at least a season to sort out the current mess and shape the team / squad to his way of playing. I don't expect us to be competing at the top end of the table but I do expect us to be competing in each game.

The season after that I would expect a challenge for the top 6.

He said in his last interview that it would need between 4/6 transfer windows to get a squad that would be capable of gaining promotion out of this division. That less money would be available throughout football for transfers, due to past year, and that clever/different ways of dealing with transfers will have to be found.

Do I think this team will compete with the likes of a yo yo club like West brom? No Imo we aren't ready for that. 

Do I think this team will be more competitive next season? Yes

People have varying definitions of success and after this season success for me next season is top half finish with a solid foundation for a push for the play offs the season after. 

11 hours ago, Magger1 said:

Our squad will have changed

WBA will lose their better players so that wont be the team we will be playing

1 hour ago, spudski said:

He said in his last interview that it would need between 4/6 transfer windows to get a squad that would be capable of gaining promotion out of this division. That less money would be available throughout football for transfers, due to past year, and that clever/different ways of dealing with transfers will have to be found.

Hedging his bets.

Lee said he could do it in just 3?

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

3 windows was the quote. 

We burned through those quite quickly. 

In which case I’ll retract my comment! Although I thought he’d said 3 years and we’d be in the UEFA cup, or whatever  guise it takes these days!

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

If only we could have held onto Reid, Bryan, Kelly, Webster, Brownhill...

It would have been nice but every Championship club has to accept their main players will move on if Premier League clubs come calling. My frustration isn't so much selling those players but that - bar using some of the money from Reid, Bryan and Flint to buy Webster - we aren't successfully using the money from those sales to replace those players effectively.

I know it is a bit of an easy and lazy comparison but Brentford sell one or two of their best players every season. The difference is they manage to sign replacements rather than letting it weaken their team.

2 hours ago, cityboy said:

In which case I’ll retract my comment! Although I thought he’d said 3 years and we’d be in the UEFA cup, or whatever  guise it takes these days!

He was asked where he could see the club being in 5 years. He said Europe ??

It was a separate quote about needing three transfer windows 

6 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Well they did go to spain on a pre season tour ??

.... yep the one where LJ failed to recognise the football legend Trevor Francis when he turned up to observe one of our training sessions out there - it was embarrassing how Trev had to ‘introduce’ himself - a guy who scored the winning goal in a European Cup Final on his way to winning that trophy twice as well as winning a European Super Cup and he also played for England 52 times - LJ didn’t know who he was - no wonder we are small time ... 

14 hours ago, spudski said:

I can't wait for that to be used as a stick to beat him with at every opportunity ? 

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

.... yep the one where LJ failed to recognise the football legend Trevor Francis when he turned up to observe one of our training sessions out there - it was embarrassing how Trev had to ‘introduce’ himself - a guy who scored the winning goal in a European Cup Final on his way to winning that trophy twice as well as winning a European Super Cup and he also played for England 52 times - LJ didn’t know who he was - no wonder we are small time ... 

Were you there? 

23 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Its a wonder he didnt ask johnson was he the ballboy when we beat Man unt .

Archived