Match day thread- Coventry Away

Morning all , Easter Monday today and we're away in sunny Birmingham.

So much up in the air at city at the moment, is NP going to be offered a contract, who will be retained ,the hamstring conundrum to name but a few.

Coventry definitely have something to play for one place above the drop, reckon we need one more win to be safe although after Fridays performance don't know where it will come from.

Nige was not happy following an abject performance against Stoke and I would guess ears may have been burning apart from Hans who was the only one to gain any credit.

Team selection will be interesting to see who has burned their bridges.

Would not be surprised to see a few new or unexpected changes today.

I will be coughing my tenner today just so I can have an informed opinion on what is happening, I'm not expecting a positive result but this is City so predict a 2 0 win!

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

We need to have players in the team who are motivated and likely to be part of the future of the club. 

Thanks for everything , Famaral, and good luck for the future but you wouldn’t be anywhere near the squad if I was the manager. 

Give Max the keeper’s gloves until the end of the season to see if he can perform regularly. 
Bentley has been magnificent this season but is out of form and possibly off in the summer.

Moving on to today, Coventry are a decent team but limited in the attacking options we should go at them and not let up. 

If we score first then I think we will get something out of the game.

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Just want 3 points. Don't care about anything else. If we manage that then hopefully we can experiment with players that will be here next season in remaining games.

Would you swap three today with a guaranteed three on Saturday to break this terrible home run?

42 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Would you swap three today with a guaranteed three on Saturday to break this terrible home run?

Beat Forest at home? they have forwards and a midfield so highly unlikely we will get anything there. If you can hang on till Luton visit we may scrape a point as we will get trashed by Brentford the following home game.

Looks set for a probable 10 game losing streak at home to me ....sorry OMFG.

Coventry played a game less than us will be in no mood to give us much but we will be up for it........wont we? loop perfect loops GIF

• Haha 2

We were very fortunate to beat Coventry at home, but given we can be much better away and hoping there are a few players who want to impress (cos they are interested in staying next season) + NP may want to see a few of those not usually playing, so with an optimistic bias we will steal it 1-2

23 minutes ago, Packman said:

Is it on the red button today?

Game is not on the red button. Next red button game is 21st April with the away game at Wycombe. (7pm kick off!)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Beat Forest at home? they have forwards and a midfield so highly unlikely we will get anything there. If you can hang on till Luton visit we may scrape a point as we will get trashed by Brentford the following home game.

Looks set for a probable 10 game losing streak at home to me ....sorry OMFG.

Coventry played a game less than us will be in no mood to give us much but we will be up for it........wont we? loop perfect loops GIF

Love that use of emoji - large, obnoxious and slightly out of context. Robbored could learn a thing or two from you - he still uses the standard emojis from 2002. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Give Max the keeper’s gloves until the end of the season to see if he can perform regularly. 
Bentley has been magnificent this season but is out of form and possibly off in the summer.

Thank you Major.

Another one with focus elsewhere.

Indeed,give Max the gloves, he's proven to be safe hands.

Be nice to see Britton given a run also..

IF Nigel is to be confirmed before the end of the season it'd be good to see a few feathers well ruffled..

Edited by Son of Fred

1 minute ago, Son of Fred said:

Thank you Major.

Give Max the gloves, he's proven to be safe hands.

IF Nigel is to be confirmed before the end of the season it'd be good to see a few feathers well ruffled..

So you’re saying Bentley has his mind elsewhere , based on what exactly ? 
absolute rubbish. He’s been outstanding & made two mistakes all season . Drivel , utter drivel . 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Thank you Major.

Give Max the gloves, he's proven to be safe hands.

Enough ruffled feathers here on Otib for me

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

absolute rubbish. He’s been outstanding & made two mistakes all season . Drivel , utter drivel . 

Hardly.  Remember why Brentford got shot of him

15 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He said himself he had personal problems when at Brentford 

Believe he and his wife / partner had lost a child either during pregnancy or at birth (apologies for not knowing details) during the latter part of his time there.

He needed a change, Brentford signed Raya, he came here.  They’ve since had a child, and bar a couple of mistakes hes had a stellar season.

He still has areas of his game to work on, like all players, but I bet he’d get 80% of votes for POTS.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

In a word - no! Get the points move on to 52 points - safe.

The home form is irrelevant at this stage.

Once that happens we can write off this season as a bad experience.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It's clear Bentley does (still) have issues with concentration.

Great to see fire in your belly though Stevie!!

Let's hope Nigel can instil such into our limp, unenthusiastic charges today.

3 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

It's clear Bentley does (still) have issues with concentration.

Great to see fire in your belly though Stevie!!

Let's hope Nigel can instil such into our limp, unenthusiastic charges today.

He’s made two mistakes . Still haven’t said why you know his mind is elsewhere 

Not sure why some are worried about relegation.

We are 14 points clear of Rotherham (11 games left), 17 clear of Sheffield (8), and 19 clear of Wycombe (7). Given their relative form, I really can't see any of those catching us. Rotherham would have to gain over 1.3 ppg over us, Sheffield 2 ppg, and Wycombe would have to win all their remaining games to catch us. Rotherham are the only realistic challenge and they did beat us, but I can't see their overall form changing, especially as they have to fit in their games in hand.

Also, there are 7 clubs between us and Rotherham who have amassed 6 wins between them in the last 36 games. What makes people think that form will change this late in the season ? Its as likely that our form changes for the good as theirs (starting today hopefully). 

Without being complacent, its time for the management to concentrate on which players stay or go, which dictates who plays, and hopefully blood a couple of younger players over the next seven games.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Not sure why some are worried about relegation.

We are 14 points clear of Rotherham (11 games left), 17 clear of Sheffield (8), and 19 clear of Wycombe (7). Given their relative form, I really can't see any of those catching us. Rotherham would have to gain over 1.3 ppg over us, Sheffield 2 ppg, and Wycombe would have to win all their remaining games to catch us. Rotherham are the only realistic challenge and they did beat us, but I can't see their overall form changing, especially as they have to fit in their games in hand.

Also, there are 7 clubs between us and Rotherham who have amassed 6 wins between them in the last 36 games. What makes people think that form will change this late in the season ? Its as likely that our form changes for the good as theirs (starting today hopefully). 

Without being complacent, its time for the management to concentrate on which players stay or go, which dictates who plays, and hopefully blood a couple of younger players over the next seven games.

Agreed we’ve been safe for weeks. 

• Like 1