Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Match day thread- Coventry Away

7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Not sure why some are worried about relegation.

We are 14 points clear of Rotherham (11 games left), 17 clear of Sheffield (8), and 19 clear of Wycombe (7). Given their relative form, I really can't see any of those catching us. Rotherham would have to gain over 1.3 ppg over us, Sheffield 2 ppg, and Wycombe would have to win all their remaining games to catch us. Rotherham are the only realistic challenge and they did beat us, but I can't see their overall form changing, especially as they have to fit in their games in hand.

Also, there are 7 clubs between us and Rotherham who have amassed 6 wins between them in the last 36 games. What makes people think that form will change this late in the season ? Its as likely that our form changes for the good as theirs (starting today hopefully). 

Without being complacent, its time for the management to concentrate on which players stay or go, which dictates who plays, and hopefully blood a couple of younger players over the next seven games.

Some posters enjoy being as negative as possible. You'd get amazing odds on us getting relegated, anyone sensible can see it isn't going to happen. 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

To replace Bell in the 20, or “travelling reserve”, in which case has someone else come in for Bell?

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

To replace Bell in the 20, or “travelling reserve”, in which case has someone else come in for Bell?

Any idea what type of player he is ? Thought Alex Scott might get a place on the bench 

10 minutes ago, Henry said:

Wow surprised Marlee travelled when we have Pearson and Edwards as options wide.

Maybe that actually indicates that Pearson or Edwards may start and that Marlee moves up one as either back up sub or making sub bench. 

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Some posters enjoy being as negative as possible. You'd get amazing odds on us getting relegated, anyone sensible can see it isn't going to happen. 

I'm probably usually more positive about things. But what worries me if let's say we lose the next few games, what will the table look like then.

Unlikely we go down, but stranger things have happened in football. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'm probably usually more positive about things. But what worries me if let's say we lose the next few games, what will the table look like then.

Unlikely we go down, but stranger things have happened in football. 

I’m with you, Jon. Get to 52pts - the mark that normally insulates a team from relegation in a 46-game league* - and then relax. Relegation is extremely unlikely but while it’s still possible, work damn hard to get the necessary points.

* Peterborough went down with 54pts in 2012-13. That is incredibly rare.

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Wow surprised Marlee travelled when we have Pearson and Edwards as options wide.

Maybe that actually indicates that Pearson or Edwards may start and that Marlee moves up one as either back up sub or making sub bench. 

Could be an indication of Antoine moving centrally and therefore a wide player needed? Pearson already on the bench 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

I’m with you, Jon. Get to 52pts - the mark that normally insulates a team from relegation in a 46-game league* - and then relax. Relegation is extremely unlikely but while it’s still possible, work damn hard to get the necessary points.

They did indeed but it was a much more condensed table that season.

55E036BF-413A-4253-A1D6-83093DFB88CE.thumb.jpeg.584443ecaf945663239525926550ec4a.jpeg

This season is very different.  Norwich are only 3 points shy of Cardiff’s total with 7 games to go.  Watford one point behind Hull’s total.

0DBBA7BF-963F-4E5C-BBF7-02C263D16473.thumb.jpeg.f2f52ba0793eceac179fc494dcc0e58c.jpeg

4 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

We won’t need 52 points.  49 will probably be enough this season which we already have. 

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Could be an indication of Antoine moving centrally and therefore a wide player needed? Pearson already on the bench 

Has Owura Edwards travelled?

Just now, And Its Smith said:

We won’t need 52 points.  49 will probably be enough this season which we already have. 

Need 1 point then....our GD can only get worse.  I don’t even think we need that.

38 minutes ago, Henry said:

Yes Adam to start, Diediou had his chance, u23 until his contract runs out.

1 minute ago, Roadrunner said:

I wouldn’t punish the u23s with that.  They seem a good bunch, don’t want them picking up bad habits.

• Like 2

I know it’s bad. I know it’s childish and I know there are some that won’t agree, but given the choice of only one team winning today of the two, I think I’ll take an away win for Doncaster rather than for City. 

• Haha 1

Get this lot beat please, looks like Notts and Wayne Rooney's lot have got too much to go down but these look bang in trouble now so woe betide you lot if you hamper their progress back to League 1 football in front of 3 fans at the Ricoh

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Not sure why some are worried about relegation.

We are 14 points clear of Rotherham (11 games left), 17 clear of Sheffield (8), and 19 clear of Wycombe (7). Given their relative form, I really can't see any of those catching us. Rotherham would have to gain over 1.3 ppg over us, Sheffield 2 ppg, and Wycombe would have to win all their remaining games to catch us. Rotherham are the only realistic challenge and they did beat us, but I can't see their overall form changing, especially as they have to fit in their games in hand.

Also, there are 7 clubs between us and Rotherham who have amassed 6 wins between them in the last 36 games. What makes people think that form will change this late in the season ? Its as likely that our form changes for the good as theirs (starting today hopefully). 

Without being complacent, its time for the management to concentrate on which players stay or go, which dictates who plays, and hopefully blood a couple of younger players over the next seven games.

While it is unlikely nothing is set in stone, just yet.

Rotherham have a winable game at home to Wycombe today and have 4 games in hand and we yes, have a chance away against a "shot shy Coventry" ..........(hello, we aint exactly peppering the oppositions goal lately) who also have a game in hand and may want the 3pts themselves.

Seems some fans and most of the players are already on their summer hols.........lets get over the line first.

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We need to have players in the team who are motivated and likely to be part of the future of the club. 

Thanks for everything , Famaral, and good luck for the future but you wouldn’t be anywhere near the squad if I was the manager. 

Give Max the keeper’s gloves until the end of the season to see if he can perform regularly. 
Bentley has been magnificent this season but is out of form and possibly off in the summer.

Moving on to today, Coventry are a decent team but limited in the attacking options we should go at them and not let up. 

If we score first then I think we will get something out of the game.

Despite living in the Abroad for many years now, Major- it's good to know you haven't lost your Bristol accent.

Virtute Et Indusria(l) as we wurzels would say.

Cheers,drive.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed this site is good for looking at promotion / relegation, https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/championship/

I think we have the points already, but we are good away from home so will get a few more points before end of season.  Talk of we have to win today is rubbish

Not too disappointed with the starting line up but would think Baker’s continued omission with only 6 to go after today suggests his time with us is up & Watkins not even making the bench points at the same thing.

Surprised to see Lansbury on the bench, would rather have seen another youngster such as Owura Edwards.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, big dosser said:

i dont think we will go down but hull city fans  thought that last year, strange things can happen if you don't keep your eye on the ball

Like having a ‘ beat the drop ‘ party then get relegated by a team wearing your own kit? 

No, sorry that would be beyond ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not too disappointed with the starting line up but would think Baker’s continued omission with only 6 to go after today suggests his time with us is up & Watkins not even making the bench points at the same thing.

Surprised to see Lansbury on the bench, would rather have seen another youngster such as Owura Edwards, or the tea lady!

Added...

12 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Despite living in the Abroad for many years now, Major- it's good to know you haven't lost your Bristol accent.

Virtute Et Indusria(l) as we wurzels would say.

Cheers,drive.

He’ll always be Famaral to me.

Tis true I lives in France but as they say ‘ you can take the boy out of Bristol but you can’t take Bristol out of the boy ‘ 

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Surprised to see Lansbury on the bench, would rather have seen another youngster such as Owura Edwards.

I wish people wouldn’t post comments about the starting line up before anyone puts it on here 😁😁