IGNORED

Incessant back passing

cidered abroad

You can attribute blame to the player on an individual basis but the coaches are working these guys every day. If NP continues such a bad record it wont just be the Board that want rid, everyone on here will too. NP has to shape up very quickly, days at Leicester are irrelevant to a Championship club with no crowds.

Not surprising when you’ve got a striker with zero movement, a striker playing wide left who is anonymous, a raw young player wide right, 3 centre midfielders who all prefer playing behind the ball, a 34 year old right back, a right back playing left back, and two centre backs who lack ability on the ball. 

4 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

Not surprising when you’ve got a striker with zero movement, a striker playing wide left who is anonymous, a raw young player wide right, 3 centre midfielders who all prefer playing behind the ball, a 34 year old right back, a right back playing left back, and two centre backs who lack ability on the ball. 

Kalas has shown more ability on the ball at International level at least in terms of sound technical stats- same at Fulham. A 34 year old Mariappa won't help a side play a high line, neither will a 34 year old Simpson.

Back passing possession football has been my pet hate at City for years. We are just soooo negative on our approach. How much are we missing Weimann? He may not always have done much with the ball down the channels but at least it was a forward pass in the opponents half. We are so frustratingly slow going forward. The first thought is ALWAYS backwards. 

Incessant back passing - it'll be the death of the beautiful game.

Hated by spectators who expect to be entertained by attractive, attacking football with the prospect of a win at the end.

If incessant, aimless back-passing is what is being coached at the High Performance Centre, they can close it down now.

Just now, Bazooka Joe said:

Incessant back passing - it'll be the death of the beautiful game.

Hated by spectators who expect to be entertained by attractive, attacking football with the prospect of a win at the end.

If incessant, aimless back-passing is what is being coached at the High Performance Centre, they can close it down now.

100% agree. Yet sky sports/BT would have you believe that modern insistence on side-wards and back-passing is footballing entertainment at its finest.

1 hour ago, SuperRed said:

Apart from that we’re ok though! COYR 

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

You can attribute blame to the player on an individual basis but the coaches are working these guys every day. If NP continues such a bad record it wont just be the Board that want rid, everyone on here will too. NP has to shape up very quickly, days at Leicester are irrelevant to a Championship club with no crowds.

Hey, we all know that you think the sun shines out of Lee Johnson's rear passage.

We are in this mess mainly because of Johnson's and Holden's mismanagement!

This is going to take a long time of blood, sweat and tears from the players, management and supporters before we even start looking like a proper football team again.

You are clearly wrong about most things and certainly on the comment you appear to try and make on others' behalves.

Perhaps you could make a relevant point of your own about City and be less critical of supporters who have probably a lot better reason to make comments than you.

If you think the performances under Pearson are anything but awful you are deluded.

The great 'Fam Show' at Boro (where we usually do well) was as much about playing for the club shirt as it was NP's tactics.

The win at Swansea, we were all delighted about but you know we got battered first half and on most other days would have lost that too. B'ham we finished well after they should have gone 2-0 up before we scored, hitting the woodwork instead

Every home game has been dire and we lose to a poor team today where none of players looked interesed in playing for the manaager. You tell me what's good about that sunshine. If you wish to make comments on my views you should stop before you embarrass yourself further

Two really annoying habits we have:

- an inability to play out of defence and so just passing back to Bentley who kicks long, and

- there's nothing wrong with keeping possession at the back, but don't then just hoof it down the channel. We don't use the midfielders!

Only two? Optimistic! This season we have more irritating habbits than i've seen for donkeys years; not helped by watching it with bad commentary, but that doesnt excuse the coaches

You could add to your to two points; no running into space from throw-ins, points hoofs from wing backs for forwards to chase as if they were greyhounds, fewer crosses to the 6 yard box than any season in my lifetime (how it feels, but no facts to support this), this season's coaches have no clue what their best back 4 might be, being out-muscles in every department except Kalas, unable to defend corners, and many more.

If it was only two we might have picked up some home points in the last possible 21

19 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Only two? Optimistic! This season we have more irritating habbits than i've seen for donkeys years; not helped by watching it with bad commentary, but that doesnt excuse the coaches

You could add to your to two points; no running into space from throw-ins, points hoofs from wing backs for forwards to chase as if they were greyhounds, fewer crosses to the 6 yard box than any season in my lifetime (how it feels, but no facts to support this), this season's coaches have no clue what their best back 4 might be, being out-muscles in every department except Kalas, unable to defend corners, and many more.

If it was only two we might have picked up some home points in the last possible 21

Ha - I agree with that. Many, many annoying habits, of which those were two that particularly irritated me today. 

I do actually recall a couple of crosses today. One by Massengo and one by Pearson, both overhit.

Archived