IGNORED

Get rid of Pearson? Nah, Get rid of these ******* wasters

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Too many been on the beach since back to back away wins at Boro and Swansea.

Too many playing like the season can't  end soon enough - and the feelings mutual. 

Too many playing like the season can't  end soon enough - and the feelings mutual. 

Too many playing like the season can't end soon enough - and the feelings mutual. 

Too many playing like the season can't end soon enough - and the feelings mutual. 

So what you saying then?.... 

15 minutes ago, j1974 said:

Weiman is a Pearson type player, works his socks off even if things are not  going for him, likewise Massengo so I could see him staying. The thing Pearson hates is a lack of effort, unfortunately that's about 90% of the squad at the moment. If Pearson stays we will see a completely different side with a much better work rate. 

Just interviewed on BBCRB:

Lacking personal motivation

Substandard application

I want a performance that is professional, I can accept mistakes

Not good enough full stop

5 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Weimann and Pato maybe bin the rest.

Weimann at a push maybe, but for me Pato is the very essence of what this club has become. Comfortable, nice, very little fight, mainly mediocre/below par with occasional flashes of brilliance. Sure he’s a lovely bloke but for me he needs to be gone with a lot of the others, if we want to progress next season.  

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Weimann at a push maybe, but for me Pato is the very essence of what this club has become. Comfortable, nice, very little fight, mainly mediocre/below par with occasional flashes of brilliance. Sure he’s a lovely bloke but for me he needs to be gone with a lot of the others, if we want to progress next season.  

Exactly. Pato and COD especially typify our club over the last few seasons and your point is brilliant. 

46 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Why is Nigel Pearson beyond any criticism? Is there any other "caretaker" Manager on this planet that would avoid scrutiny?

The players have been getting worse not better or even the same. 

Bloody hell- this makes the Emperor's New Clothes look a credible story.

Had an interesting chat with my son who doesn’t get down the Gate much as he plays in the Southern League Prem but has bought every game since his season ended months ago. His view is this problem goes a lot deeper than any Manager and can only be resolved by releasing players.

He told me if his team travelled 100 miles and put that first half performance in Nagy, Dave, Wells and, surprised me, Simpson would have got filled in at half time. Exact words.

What I do know is that a lad who is 100% City as you’ll meet has decided after that debacle today that he won’t be dipping his hand in his pocket any more. This group of Senior players represent some of the biggest frauds ever to play for the club.

What I do expect from NP, from now, is to look at that today and start bombing people out. It’s not about being nice to get performances any more because these bastards simply won’t give them. They let every single Manager down and it seems to me there are too many of you that give them a free pass. **** that.

47 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Why is Nigel Pearson beyond any criticism? Is there any other "caretaker" Manager on this planet that would avoid scrutiny?

The players have been getting worse not better or even the same. 

Bloody hell- this makes the Emperor's New Clothes look a credible story.

Personally I don't think anyone comes away with any credit. The players are a disgrace - I think everyone is agreement about that. But Pearson's management has been virtually non-existent, and that's a major disappointment. It worries me that his record since 2015 has been average at best.

Nigel Pearson will be gone by next season, it's a matter of when not if for me. There is absolutely no way he and Steve Lansdown will be able to agree on the present prognosis and course of action for the club. That's not to say one view is right and I'm not picking sides, I can just see that for either to save face after this run in, the narrative is going to be wildly incompatible for the other to tolerate. 

• NP: The squad isn't good enough, it's a mess frankly, needs to be completely torn up and started again if you want to move forward
  • SL: Season on season progress, astute signings, club in development, Holden was a mistake but we also haven't pushed on since then

If you don't believe it, remember that SL famous loyalty is only proportional to contract and NP doesn't have one so he for once will be easy to dispense with much more quickly. And he will. Personally I'd give everyone out of contract in the summer a free transfer tomorrow. The contract deferrals (demotivating the squad as a weird carrot) was a mistake, but now some need letting go as a grenade.

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Personally I don't think anyone comes away with any credit. The players are a disgrace - I think everyone is agreement about that. But Pearson's management has been virtually non-existent, and that's a major disappointment. It worries me that his record since 2015 has been average at best.

But he is more likely to attract decent players to the club than say another league 2 up and coming manager. Get him in now

Just now, Olé said:

Nigel Pearson will be gone by next season, it's a matter of when not if for me. There is absolutely no way he and Steve Lansdown will be able to agree on the present prognosis and course of action for the club. That's not to say one view is right and I'm not picking sides, I can just see that for either to save face after this run in, the narrative is going to be wildly incompatible for the other to tolerate. 

• NP: The squad isn't good enough, it's a mess frankly, needs to be completely torn up and started again if you want to move forward
  • SL: Season on season progress, astute signings, club in development, Holden was a mistake but we also haven't pushed on since then

If you don't believe it, remember that SL famous loyalty is only proportional to contract and NP doesn't have one so he for once will be easy to dispense with much more quickly. And he will. Personally I'd give everyone out of contract in the summer a free transfer tomorrow. The contract deferrals (demotivating the squad as a weird carrot) was a mistake, but now some need letting go as a grenade.

I don't see him being here either. Its a shit show down there and he'll want too much free reign to put it right. 

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

Whilst I have to admit I am disappointed we haven't kicked on more under NP, if SL gets rid then that's enough for me for a little while. Another self-imposed break from following this mess of a club would be needed.

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Had an interesting chat with my son who doesn’t get down the Gate much as he plays in the Southern League Prem but has bought every game since his season ended months ago. His view is this problem goes a lot deeper than any Manager and can only be resolved by releasing players.

He told me if his team travelled 100 miles and put that first half performance in Nagy, Dave, Wells and, surprised me, Simpson would have got filled in at half time. Exact words.

What I do know is that a lad who is 100% City as you’ll meet has decided after that debacle today that he won’t be dipping his hand in his pocket any more. This group of Senior players represent some of the biggest frauds ever to play for the club.

What I do expect from NP, from now, is to look at that today and start bombing people out. It’s not about being nice to get performances any more because these bastards simply won’t give them. That let every single Manager down and it seems to me there are too many of you that give them a free pass. **** that.

Been chatting with my lads, we have a pair of STs between the three of us. None of us live in Bristol. We are, as a family, back where we were in the Millen/McInnes/SOD years...despondent, underwhelmed, reluctant to commit to long journeys to watch journeymen players churn out depressing performances. As of this evening we're probably not going to renew our STs but instead move to paying on the day. It won't be hard to get a seat if performances like this continue! But if City rip up trees as they did under Cotts we'll aim to be at the front of the queue each week.

I've been an interim manager in my time, interim managers don't hire and fire and plan for the long term, they lack the authority to make far reaching changes of the sort needed at City. SL needs to commit to NP ASAP or find an alternative.

This is a very Lansdown shambles, leaving dedicated regular supporters scratching their heads trying to work out WTF is going on.

If SL does not give Pearson a contract and a free hand that will be the final straw for me in his mismanagement of City.

Really bad days ahead, IMO, if Pearson goes.  Another incompetent yes man will be appointed and hey ho down the divisions we will go.

7 minutes ago, Olé said:

The sticking point may be the clause that requires him to say at regular intervals how wonderful the Lansdowns are and what a great support Ashton is.

At least that's what seems to have sealed the job for Holden.

Archived