Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Tommy Rowe - worst bit of play EVER.

9 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Didn’t Aden Flint have a stinker in his first game away to Port Vale?

Flint’s debut was the opening game of the season, a 2-2 draw at home to Bradford.

The Port Vale error came about 10 games into the season, a back pass in the 90th minute that resulted in a 1-1 draw.

SOD dropped Flint pretty soon afterwards, he got back in soon after but his City career only really took off when he was managed by someone who truly believed in him & worked with him extensively on the training ground to significantly improve his game.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Flint’s debut was the opening game of the season, a 2-2 draw at home to Bradford.

The Port Vale error came about 10 games into the season, a back pass in the 90th minute that resulted in a 1-1 draw.

SOD dropped Flint pretty soon afterwards, he got back in soon after but his City career only really took off when he was managed by someone who truly believed in him & worked with him extensively on the training ground to significantly improve his game.

I knew it was on debut or very early in his City career, but didn’t realise it was 10 games in.

SO’D, of course, didn’t consider AF worthy of the fee we paid Swindon and, as you say, it was only when SC took charge that he seemed to develop some confidence.

59 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I knew it was on debut or very early in his City career, but didn’t realise it was 10 games in.

SO’D, of course, didn’t consider AF worthy of the fee we paid Swindon and, as you say, it was only when SC took charge that he seemed to develop some confidence.

I’m not sure SOD didn’t think Flint was worth c£300k, more that it was more of his budget than he ideally wanted to spend.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not sure SOD didn’t think Flint was worth c£300k, more that it was more of his budget than he ideally wanted to spend.

So, if I understand you correctly, you are not saying that SO'D did not consider AF worth £300K per se, simply that he only had a budget of X and, had it been his decision, he would not have spent such a large proportion of said budget on a central defender, leaving him with only Y for the rest of the squad. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

So, if I understand you correctly, you are not saying that SO'D did not consider AF worth £300K per se, simply that he only had a budget of X and, had it been his decision, he would not have spent such a large proportion of said budget on a central defender, leaving him with only Y for the rest of the squad. 

Yeah, think that was the context of his comment at the time....it gave him less scope for rest of squad.

Happy to be corrected.