IGNORED

Pearson post match interview

Ivorguy

Very good.

No holding back

Said what many of us would have said

interesting comment about not caring what their personal problems are.

He is spot on, we have players who don’t care.

He also said it had helped make his mind up over a number of things, ie not just who stays and who goes I take it from that

Nige, please stay. You are our hope, in you many of us believe

I'd chuck most of the players, as many on here would - I am massively concerned that we just won't be able to recruit the quality we need next season though, in the numbers we need. 

We are literally going to be back to the beginning, hopefully the quality manager we have screamed out for will be secured but other than that we won't pay the wages, we need virtually a whole new team and I just don't see the attraction for players to come to us, especially on the back of this crappy season. 

Feeling a bit gloom and doom at the mo ?

Indeed still have faith NP is our best bet to turn things around, especially if we can get rid of Ashton too!

You only have to look at the lack of quality Ashton has bought in the squad to see why he needs to go.

I hope NP does get tough now, Fammy should not be in starting 11 again, Rowe should be binned completely. 

Play those that show some passion; Massengo, Palmer, Semenyo, Pearson, Conway to name 5.

I love that we finally have a bloke who seems just as pissed off as I am when we lose & will certainly let the players know when it’s unacceptable.

I don’t think we’ll be seeing a couple of those who played today, again this season. 

I also noticed his comments about Lansbury getting stick, wonder if he reads the forum?

To be honest, I don't blame him if he does decide to walk away at the end of the season. He could get a job elsewhere pretty easily and like said above, the size of the rebuild and challenge ahead could be beyond our budget next season and may not appeal to him. 

Still pleased most of this lot are off though. Rather play the under 18s than this lot.

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Indeed still have faith NP is our best bet to turn things around, especially if we can get rid of Ashton too!

You only have to look at the lack of quality Ashton has bought in the squad to see why he needs to go.

I hope NP does get tough now, Fammy should not be in starting 11 again, Rowe should be binned completely. 

Play those that show some passion; Massengo, Palmer, Semenyo, Pearson, Conway to name 5.

Missed the game today @old_eastender who were the worst offenders in terms of seeming 'lack of effort/motivation'? 

Just now, old_eastender said:

Fammy (predictably) & Rowe the worst, followed closely by Nagy, Vyner & Mariappa.

Thanks - disappointed to read Nagy's name in there as I've always thought he'd turn into a real player for us. He'll be gone in the summer I'm guessing now though.

It was a wretched performance all round, but what really upset me was that pass from Tommy Rowe, someone I believed to be a model pro, a pass that for me said “I couldn’t care less”.  Perhaps Rowe’sbeen told he’s on his way.  I don’t know.  All I can suggest is that for the last 6 games the manager only picks the players are that going to be here next season.

8 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

I got the impression he’s not too bothered about staying.  I might be getting that wrong.... Lansdown has hardly been on the front foot which must seem odd to Nige. 

I hope youre wrong. He said something like he'd "made his mind up on a number of issues" but get every impression that the ooc players this summer who are showing zero application will not play again. 

He needs to take a degree of responsibility for the past few weeks - frankly it's been a disaster and he has been very disappointing.

Yes he has poor players to deal with but a quality manager should at least show us some sort of improvement in performance. 

9 minutes ago, Edge1981 said:

So much better than those Johnson interviews where he’d say just how good we are in training blah, blah, blah and then finish with a “we go again”.

And Holden's "not quite up to the standards we expect but we always bounce back."

Appointing a weak rookie head coach to manage a squad that likes the easy life was yet another master stroke by Lansdown.

I have little faith he will get it right this time either.

19 minutes ago, Redstart said:

I'd chuck most of the players, as many on here would - I am massively concerned that we just won't be able to recruit the quality we need next season though, in the numbers we need. 

We are literally going to be back to the beginning, hopefully the quality manager we have screamed out for will be secured but other than that we won't pay the wages, we need virtually a whole new team and I just don't see the attraction for players to come to us, especially on the back of this crappy season. 

Feeling a bit gloom and doom at the mo ?

The attraction of players will be easy with nige at the helm. A decent ground and great facilities.  

10 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Unfortunately, I can see NP not being taken on and then Ashton doing his usual and appointing one of his mates.....Appleton.

Hope I’m wrong....

If that was to happen, you would have a mutiny amongst the fans. This dirty *** Ashton has to go ASAP. He is killing the club. FFS wake up Lansdown.

Archived