IGNORED

Pearson post match interview

Ivorguy

Only one man can sort out the huge mess we are in and he is on an island in the English Channel...........a silk purse cannot be made out of a cows ass ear.

Kick the wasters into touch.......simple.

Really peed off with our shiteshow of a pathetic squad of players with a very few exceptions Losers GIF by memecandy

9 minutes ago, mozo said:

I didn't quite understand the comment -

"it was a difficult pitch..." "...just go route one and take the pitch out of it."

Was he saying we should have played more long balls? We played way too many for my liking, so I'm hoping it was a nuanced comment from NP??

In other words, our players aint good enough to even pass a ball 5 yards on a difficult pitch.  

5 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Thought it was a very honest assessment as to where we are but......I don’t think that SL will have liked/appreciated his openness/honesty!

Unfortunately, I can see us looking for our 3rd manager in the last 12 months very soon.

Correct def wont go down well in the nice safe BCFC world, way to safe imo, serious bottoms need kicking right out the door, but NP may end up as the first one sadly.

That will be a shitestorm with many walking away for good and I will be first.

It’s interesting how before Pearson came in a performance such as today’s (eg Watford) would have been (and was) blamed entirely on Dean Holden’s inability to manage and coach.  Today’s performance is blamed entirely on the players.  How can Dean Holden have been entirely responsible for disastrous performances during his tenure, but Pearson have no responsibility for what happened today?  What I saw today was a team not playing for their manager, and surely the manager has to share the responsibility for that?  If he cannot motivate a reasonable squad of players to produce a better performance than that, then I question his ability as a manager.  Too many people on this site thinks he walks on water.

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

It’s interesting how before Pearson came in a performance such as today’s (eg Watford) would have been (and was) blamed entirely on Dean Holden’s inability to manage and coach.  Today’s performance is blamed entirely on the players.  How can Dean Holden have been entirely responsible for disastrous performances during his tenure, but Pearson have no responsibility for what happened today?  What I saw today was a team not playing for their manager, and surely the manager has to share the responsibility for that?  If he cannot motivate a reasonable squad of players to produce a better performance than that, then I question his ability as a manager.  Too many people on this site thinks he walks on water.

not at all, holden was part of building the shit squad we have. he thought he could get them playing well for him. he was wrong.

pearson didnt pick the squad and has agreed to take a look at what needs doing to sort it. he cant start work until the transfer windows come around,in the meantime,its damage limitation. imo of course.

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

While both of them haven't exactly given fantastic results. We have now an EXPERIENCED and TRACK PROVEN manager who has had major success in this league, as well as a fairly good spell in the PL.

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

What I saw was players not playing for the club, manager or anyone to be honest. He's said that he wants to bring in youngsters when the time is right and I think he's relying the more seasoned professionals to get us the last few points needed. If they're not giving 100%, short of holding a gun to their heads, I'm not sure what else can be done. Only six more nightmares to go and it will all be over!

12 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Too many people make excuses for players who aren’t motivated and can’t be motivated.

15 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

These players have had it easy for too long . Picked every week regardless of form etc. They know they are on borrowed time . He just sees what we've all had to put up with.  

41 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I may be wrong but, when watching the interview, I read it the other way completely. I got the impression that there is a job to be done here, a lot needs to be changed, and he's seeing it as a professional challenge to get it sorted out. 

Weird though it sounds, I don't think Pearson wants an easy job. He's got money, he's got a reputation and he's proved himself. I think he wants the challenge. My reading of the interview is that, up until today, he'd felt it was. case that he'd be offered the job and decide whether to take it whereas today was the point where the performance has made him feel that he now needs to convince the board he is right for the club, rather than the other way round. I think the gloves are off and enough is enough but in a "I need to sort out these ******* and succeed on my own terms" sense rather than an "I've had enough and I'm off out at the first opportunity" sense. 

I was commenting on the radio interview. I’ve watched the club interview now and it does sound slightly different... he’d probably calmed a bit by that point! 

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's a good interview. He's much better in these post and pre matech interviews than the press conferences in the lead up to a game.

On the guys OOC. Is it in any way understandable that they're going through the motions if they've been unable to agree a contract with the club and know they're off in a month's time? In my experience in work, once people know they're leaving and are in a notice period they down tools. The reason to invest effort has gone. 

Now most businesses have the luxury of paying a contract off or putting someone on gardening leave to avoid that impacting the team. In another example of the strangeness of football, we don't so this with players. Managers yes, but not players.

Whilst it may be infuriating to watch, I can see a human reason for the lack of effort and self-motivation.

.... so doesn’t that mean all these players are now in the shop window and need to do enough to attract a new employer?  The problem is, these ******* wasters are repeat offenders and have been doing this in previous years, even when they aren’t ooc.

I’m really struggling to remember a time when we’ve previously been inflicted with a squad containing this many gutless, spineless, unprofessional, mercenary con merchants stealing a living off this club.  

So much for us making sure we’re only recruiting players with the right DNA!

29 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I partially agree, but I see it like this.

Imagine you have a new F1 car one of us is driving getting crap lap times. You'd probably blame the driver.

Then put a decent F1 driver in it and it still gets crap times - then you'd start looking more at the car.

I reckon people have moved from the first situation (Holden) to the second (Pearson) now.

Just because the car has a problem though, doesn't mean the driven wasn't an issue as well.

Maybe an oversimplification (and unnecessarily rude to Holden) but I hope you know what I mean.

40 minutes ago, mozo said:

"it was a difficult pitch..." "...just go route one and take the pitch out of it."

Was he saying we should have played more long balls? We played way too many for my liking, so I'm hoping it was a nuanced comment from NP??

⬇️⬇️⬇️

37 minutes ago, Waffleflap said:

In other words, our players aint good enough to even pass a ball 5 yards on a difficult pitch.  

That’s how I read it too.  He was being flippant.  

2 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Thats fine, but then dont play them, these are highly paid pro athletes, if they down tools its not great going to a prospective new club and asking for a new contract.

The general consensus on here is that only weimann and walsh are worth new contracts, so im glad that the likes of hunt baker and pato havent been offered new deals - there will be thousands of footballers looking for their next contract this summer, on free transfers, surely we can do better than the wasters weve got now.

its just a shame that more of them arent due to **** off too.

Have you seen the state of our squad / injuries? Would you rather just throw the under 23s in out of their depth? Into what would become a very toxic atmosphere?

Its not as simple as just don’t play them

31 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

3 managers have failed to get a performance out of most of this lot, common denominator becomes the players

23 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Reasonable squad of players is an interesting comment considering the lack of any pride or passion when playing for Bristol City. And maybe a glance at his record might also prove his ability to manage.And to be comparing his record as a manager to Holden. Difficult to believe you are serious. If not given the job on a permanent basis the only one's ability I would question is Lansdown's at  running a Football club.

6 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

.... so doesn’t that mean all these players are now in the shop window and need to do enough to attract a new employer?  The problem is, these ******* wasters are repeat offenders and have been doing this in previous years, even when they aren’t ooc.

I’m really struggling to remember a time when we’ve previously been inflicted with a squad containing this many gutless, spineless, unprofessional, mercenary con merchants stealing a living off this club.  

So much for us making sure we’re only recruiting players with the right DNA!

Same comments have been made every relegation battle to be honest.

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Have you seen the state of our squad / injuries? Would you rather just throw the under 23s in out of their depth? Into what would become a very toxic atmosphere?

Its not as simple as just don’t play them

Yep and Pearson made that exact point. Chuck a youngster into that situation and it can ruin their career before it's properly started.

50 minutes ago, mozo said:

He let out quite a chuckle after saying it. He was being flippant and not serious.

3 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Clubs been soft as ? since cotts left , I’m pretty sure on wilbrahams osib podcast interview he basically said as soon as Johnson come in everything became really relaxed and players basically did what they wanted

Truth is, players still get paid their very generous basic whether 100% or 20% effort. Whether full pelt every game or one in four.

This isn't merely a City specific issue, this can happen at any club at any time. Generous basic is still there whatever, contractual obligations. Industry standard, innit.

There is now a big opportunity for Pearson, 13 out of contract and 1 loan expiring. 

40 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

While both of them haven't exactly given fantastic results. We have now an EXPERIENCED and TRACK PROVEN manager who has had major success in this league, as well as a fairly good spell in the PL.

Like Nahki Wells? Danny Simpson? Adrian Mariappa? Henri Lansbury? 

1 minute ago, RobintheRed Red said:

All of em except Massengo.

I feel quite proud of massengo after all this, hes still young too and is giving his all. 
obviously hunt was dropped today, and with nagy going off at half time and pearsons comments about taking players off who he thought werent trying, id be surprised to see him play again this season/ ever again for us.

Wouldn't take much of a shove to push us off the cliff at the moment. 

Keeping the fans onside and appointing NP seems to be the only ways to keep us fans onside with the Club at the minute, from my perspective. 

Issue is, SL and MA let things stagnate with LJ for too long. Anyone could see going into this season with the contract scenario being what it is that this year or next year were going to be financial black holes - and that was before Covid. Add in now needing to correct all of Ashton's dogshite appointments and signings of the past 30 months?

Nige can't exactly do much when we can't make 2 passes in a row, let alone score a goal. 

Its going to cost money we don't have, putting it bluntly. Think we would need serious cost cutting to take place.

Can see Weimann, Rowe, Adelakun, Diedhiou, Hunt, Wells, Nagy, Lansbury, Bentley, Moore, Mariappa, and Simpson all going to massively slash the wages and bulk short term cash flow.

Then look to lower league signings to bulk the squad with a couple loans going into next season with more reliance on the academy - Can see Nige possibly going in for Benkovic as he went after him when back at Leuvan in Belgium, add in the Leicester connection. Yates from Blackpool, as per rumours - could see Moore going in exchange plus £200k perhaps(?), examples of the type of deal I think we could see in the summer, being logical. 

Han has benefitted from Nige so far and Walsh must be in his plans if a contract extension is possible judging by him being thrown back in when 'fit'. Whether the former can get the latter the sign overruling MA is the better question. 

If the club doesn't appoint Pearson and let him replace the coaching and fitness staff, we'd be going into next season with no leg to stand on.

Serious work is needed, and we need to put the structure in place for the major rebuild needed ASAP. **** SL wanting NP wanting to work with whats given - it doesn't work if the foundation is literal manure. 

If Pearson has little respect for most of the players then I can see him walking away. Who wants to work with people like that? 

If 75% of colleagues in any place of work are good eggs, that's fine, but it sounds like a very, very poor workplace. That may have taken him by surprise. 

I don't care how nice my office is, or how many coffee machines and water coolers it has. If my colleagues are ****ers, I eventually move. 

4 hours ago, Edge1981 said:

So much better than those Johnson interviews where he’d say just how good we are in training blah, blah, blah and then finish with a “we go again”.

Funnily enough, I was watching it thinking 'wonder what the reaction would have been if LJ had laid into players like that'!

59 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Er. . . Deano was part of the failed LJ coaching regime that had a big say in the required players. Deano's then appointed head coach carrying on the same regime using the same players plus a few add ons like Mariappa (who NP released when he was manager at Watford) 

NP has inherited the same players. Bar Simpson & outside the transfer window, these are all players chosen by the previous two head coachs' and not his players.

If and when he is given a chance to get rid of a lot of dead wood and bring in his own idea of players, this time, ones with an added ingredient to the "Bristol City Human" template, "desire and commitment" to formulate a team, not a Lee Johnson or Dean Holden team but a Nigel Pearson team then maybe we can question where any blame lies after another defeat but until then expect more of the same in the remaining six games.

Archived