IGNORED

Over to you Steve

Numero Uno

We finally have a Manager who will not tolerate performances like today, who is embarrassed and humiliated by it, who wants to change it. Someone who is every bit as angry as the fans when he sees players not lifting a finger for 10-20 large every week. A bloke who will literally tell the wasters to do one without a seconds pause for breath given the chance.

We have a Manager who even accepts it will take 4-6 windows to get to where he needs to be and he won’t be given a war chest. A Manager who has contacts, a proven track record and can bring in proven back room staff. Someone who can shake the club up from top to bottom and finally obliterate the Cosy Club once and for all.

You are at a crossroads now Steve. Do you bite the bullet and get him in or will we be seeing Michael Appleton and less than 10k season ticket holders in August cos it’s all a lot easier for you?

Ummmm well yes well ummm maybe but I can’t possibly meet Nigel outside in a garden somewhere just yet. You see ummmm well Mark has told me we need to sort of wait until the end of the season when we well you know we can maybe follow a more rigorous process & possibly appoint a good human type. I’m not sure what to do really as Jon isn’t interested anymore, I have these new investors lined up & I need to keep Mark happy for the transition period. It has to be a sustainable appointment that will fit in with our culture - I know Mark will want to lead on it.

Welcome Mr Michael Appleton.

4 minutes ago, Cardy said:

Ummmm well yes well ummm maybe but I can’t possibly meet Nigel outside in a garden somewhere just yet. You see ummmm well Mark has told me we need to sort of wait until the end of the season when we well you know we can maybe follow a more rigorous process & possibly appoint a good human type. I’m not sure what to do really as Jon isn’t interested anymore, I have these new investors lined up & I need to keep Mark happy for the transition period. It has to be a sustainable appointment that will fit in with our culture - I know Mark will want to lead on it.

Welcome Mr Michael Appleton.

I was getting so angry reading that, because it's just as likely to be true !:grr:

44 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We finally have a Manager who will not tolerate performances like today, who is embarrassed and humiliated by it, who wants to change it. Someone who is every bit as angry as the fans when he sees players not lifting a finger for 10-20 large every week. A bloke who will literally tell the wasters to do one without a seconds pause for breath given the chance.

We have a Manager who even accepts it will take 4-6 windows to get to where he needs to be and he won’t be given a war chest. A Manager who has contacts, a proven track record and can bring in proven back room staff. Someone who can shake the club up from top to bottom and finally obliterate the Cosy Club once and for all.

You are at a crossroads now Steve. Do you bite the bullet and get him in or will we be seeing Michael Appleton and less than 10k season ticket holders in August cos it’s all a lot easier for you?

I think Pearson will obviously stay, the only situation where he wouldn't is if we get relegated - hence the short deal. 

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think Pearson will obviously stay, the only situation where he wouldn't is if we get relegated - hence the short deal. 

I think you are right and I will be renewing my season ticket but if Lansdown and the Board pull another rabbit out of the hat such as Mikey Appleton and royally mess it up next season like they have this season I will be easily fooled into parting with my cash for the last time in a while I think.

23 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Always renew my season ticket straight away have done for years . Might just hold off a bit this year before committing. Just to see the direction the club will be going in

Think a lot of people will take the same approach.....

SL needs to make the decision on NP quickly.....

29 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Always renew my season ticket straight away have done for years . Might just hold off a bit this year before committing. Just to see the direction the club will be going in

Sadly today (albeit an away performance) was the final straw. I will not be renewing for the first time since the late 70s, but admire anyone still able to tolerate it.

Archived