IGNORED

Where is our Chairman?

Rich

Surely in times of trouble and discord, there needs to be some visible leadership/inspiration from the top of the club? Just so that people see that they care.

We all know that SL is the real top dog, when it comes to steering the ship through rocky waters but, he's stuck in Guernsey with  a requirement to quarantine when he gets back to his shack. Ashton is the invisible man, when it comes to dealing with the dirty stuff, when questions are tough. So, where's Jon Lansdown? Answer, from what I've read, sunning himself in Bermuda or somewhere safe and exotic. I'd have thought he'd have had a vested interest in just showing his face and reminding the staff and players of their duties to the supporters of this club. Rather than as it seems, passing all responsibilities to the new manager. 

All hands on deck are required when there's a crisis and the ship is sinking, this feels more like Rome burning and Emperor Jon playing his fiddle.

Sheff Weds smash Cardiff and Wycombe beat Rotherham that team who we couldnt beat. So "we are not safe from relegation" (quote NP) so who infact are we going to beat to put us really safe in the last few games?

We are sinking without doubt it will be closer than many think unless we wake the duck up.

1 minute ago, glos old boy said:

Sheff Weds smash Cardiff and Wycombe beat Rotherham that team who we couldnt beat. So "we are not safe from relegation" (quote NP) so who infact are we going to beat to put us really safe in the last few games?

We are sinking without doubt it will be closer than many think unless we wake the duck up.

I certainly wouldn’t want us to need anything from our final two games - Millwall (A) and Brentford (H) and so need a win from one of the next 4

We are staying in this division this season and the two teams going up automatically will be two of the teams who came down with parachute payments in this grossly unfair system that rewards failure in the EPL but also, more importantly, nullifies the point of even playing in the Championship.

THis season 2 of the 3 relegated teams go straight back up.

Next season would you bet against two of  Baggies, Blades and Fulham not filling the auto places?

That leaves one place to play for (in the lottery that is the Play Off) for the other 22 places.

So whatever the Chairman does in Guernsey or Bristol or Birmingham doesnt really matter now; we start in the Championship in August, if we play well and keep a decent manager to lead us we'll be in the Championship for a few more seasons to come; probably bottom half and rarely getting top half finished year on year as we've been used to.

It is good to be optimistic but with clubs like Norwich, Watford, Sheff U, WBA, Fulham having squads so much better than us and all the other clubs next season it is hard to see more than a 5% chance of getting promoted

Jon Lansdown is Chairman In Name Only. 
He doesn’t run a thing, and quite clearly Steve doesn’t want to hand the club down to him. I expect better of Steve, but he’s had Mr Smarm pull the wool very tightly over his eyes and is being walked all over by this fraud. 
You need to wake up Steve. And fast. 
Hopefully Nige will be handing you a few home truths when you finally get to meet him. 

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

He doesn’t run a thing, and quite clearly Steve doesn’t want to hand the club down to him. I expect better of Steve, but he’s had Mr Smarm pull the wool very tightly over his eyes and is being walked all over by this fraud. 
Hopefully Nige will be handing you a few home truths when you finally get to meet him. 

Maybe that’s why he’s taking so long to fire up Whirlybird!!

27 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

We are staying in this division this season and the two teams going up automatically will be two of the teams who came down with parachute payments in this grossly unfair system that rewards failure in the EPL but also, more importantly, nullifies the point of even playing in the Championship.

Next season would you bet against two of  Baggies, Blades and Fulham not filling the auto places?

That leaves one place to play for (in the lottery that is the Play Off) for the other 22 places.

So whatever the Chairman does in Guernsey or Bristol or Birmingham doesnt really matter now; we start in the Championship in August, if we play well and keep a decent manager to lead us we'll be in the Championship for a few more seasons to come; probably bottom half and rarely getting top half finished year on year as we've been used to.

It is good to be optimistic but with clubs like Norwich, Watford, Sheff U, WBA, Fulham having squads so much better than us and all the other clubs next season it is hard to see more than a 5% chance of getting promoted

I really wish I shared your optimism, having experienced 55 years of so many disappointments following BCFC, I don't.

How much does he earn (take ?) and what does he do ?

Others have compared the club to North Korea - there is a need for open communication. In that regard he needs to front up and make himself seen. Mind you the same is also true of that guru of communication on my terms only Mr "not my fault gov'nor" Ashton.

Most of the Ashton happy clappers have ****** off from here recently as the chickens have come home to roost. Some fans have finally woken up (after 3 years) to what has been going on at this shambles. Would not surprise me if SL comes out with a statement he is looking to sell up/find new backers as his appetite for football diminishes. What a mess! 
Makes you wonder how Ashton/ JL have got away with it for so long.
Oh yeh, let’s sell our best players and recruit some horse shite players. That will help balance the books nicely for Steve.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Without nepotism I'm not sure what sort of job Jon would be doing today. 

I'd be curious to know where his natural position in life lies. 

Deli counter manager? 

The chairman is a T**t That really  doesn’t want the club. Hence his dad’s announcement on a bloody podcast. 

The reality is the search has been ongoing for a while. 

The dumbass comment a while ago to Twentyman referencing Mark Ashton, leading to Twentyman saying but Jon you are the Chairman said it all then. 

People just got to listen and have a better memory than a goldfish. It’s all out there. 

Bit of perspective - the chairman does not need to be highly visible and in a functioning business which we're supposed to be, only needs to attend board meetings once a month or so to represent shareholders interests (in this case Steve Lansdown, who I'm sure is more than capable of representing himself).

As such the chairman, be they in Burnham or Bermuda, is irrelevant. The person meant to be highly visible and providing leadership is the CEO. Unfortunately ours only appears for good news stories when we have built or bought something, and is nowhere to be seen when someone needs to take responsibility.

I could excuse Ashton if he's just not here to lead the football club - he was hired as COO, effectively the main administrator/organiser. But it's him who loves the self promotion of the CEO role, just last week at the training ground he regailed us with stories of "when I returned as CEO" (he didn't, it was as COO).

So if you want to point the finger at someone, point it at MA, who persistently seems to be trying to massage his own ego, while offering none of the leadership and accountability of a CEO - I don't think he even knows the first meaning of the role, which is an Americanism (he doesn't behave as an MD either).

10 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

You appear to be fixated upon our potential to quit this division in an upward direction, whereas we have all long since moved on to fretting about our ability as an organisation to stave off the more traditional exit from this level in the other direction. This season, or next.

You are quite right but i hadnt seen it as fixation. In reality we are in about our 'right' position over the history of the club and taking our average over the last 5 years we are well above the historical average. As has been stated many times on this forum the blue few are below their historical average and long may that continue, in fact they can go to hell in the conference again if i had my wish.. But we have had a particularly good few years with Cotts and LJ (despite what the minority voices on here scream about) and i think we're all united in wanting the best for NP (new contract please Steve!) the recruitment team (should be working overtime right now) and of course, the owner to who we owe everything.

The prospect of playing Newport, Cambridge, Cheltenham etc in league games is something i am not prepare to countenance at this point in time.

11 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Most of the Ashton happy clappers have ****** off from here recently as the chickens have come home to roost. Some fans have finally woken up (after 3 years) to what has been going on at this shambles. Would not surprise me if SL comes out with a statement he is looking to sell up/find new backers as his appetite for football diminishes. What a mess! 
Makes you wonder how Ashton/ JL have got away with it for so long.
Oh yeh, let’s sell our best players and recruit some horse shite players. That will help balance the books nicely for Steve.

The slime ball is only carrying out the wishes of his master, make no mistake about that!

In fact if you listened to the latest podcast lansdown makes no bones about whAt a good job ashton has done.

Time for blame to be apportioned correctly at the very top!

• Admin
49 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Bermuda!

He is In the process of buying a house.

Ahh, I got the first letter correct

I thought he had signed his son up to a local school over there?

Clearly not our Chairman anymore, possibly the replacement comes from this new investment being talked about?

4 hours ago, Olé said:

Bit of perspective - the chairman does not need to be highly visible and in a functioning business which we're supposed to be, only needs to attend board meetings once a month or so to represent shareholders interests (in this case Steve Lansdown, who I'm sure is more than capable of representing himself).

As such the chairman, be they in Burnham or Bermuda, is irrelevant. The person meant to be highly visible and providing leadership is the CEO. Unfortunately ours only appears for good news stories when we have built or bought something, and is nowhere to be seen when someone needs to take responsibility.

I could excuse Ashton if he's just not here to lead the football club - he was hired as COO, effectively the main administrator/organiser. But it's him who loves the self promotion of the CEO role, just last week at the training ground he regailed us with stories of "when I returned as CEO" (he didn't, it was as COO).

So if you want to point the finger at someone, point it at MA, who persistently seems to be trying to massage his own ego, while offering none of the leadership and accountability of a CEO - I don't think he even knows the first meaning of the role, which is an Americanism (he doesn't behave as an MD either).

I picked up on that error too!

We do need a win to put the relegation fight question to bed, were at the moment 8 points clear of Birmingham if they win their game in hand that's actually only 5 and Rotherham have 4 games in hand to play.  If we actually lost all the game until the end of the season we could in theory get relegated.   But I think NP is just pissed that with this still a possibility that players just are not turning up, I think we're safe Brum are quite bad they couldn't beat us on their patch. 

20 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

We do need a win to put the relegation fight question to bed, were at the moment 8 points clear of Birmingham if they win their game in hand that's actually only 5 and Rotherham have 4 games in hand to play.  If we actually lost all the game until the end of the season we could in theory get relegated.   But I think NP is just pissed that with this still a possibility that players just are not turning up, I think we're safe Brum are quite bad they couldn't beat us on their patch. 

i hope your right, but the way we are at the moment it reminds me of hull city last year. Hull could not get a win for love or money and sides below just kept chipping away.i wonder how many of the bottom sides teams and fans are thinking we could be the ones to hunt down as we are in freefall.

7 hours ago, Olé said:

I think most people know the role of a chairman and their need to be there only as a representative. I've highlighted the anonymous stance of our CEO in my original post and, you have also done this with vigor over recent times, so I was trying to bring another incumbent to the show.

As JL is a long standing supporter, has had involvement in recent business dealings such as appointments. Was paramount in the stadium development and the AV process, it would seem apparent that he is quite hands on with the dealings of the club, even if only as a representative of his father. Given that hands on activity in recent years, his presence might have a baring on the gravity of the situation the club finds itself in. It might just say to the staff and players, this is important enough for me to come back from my jollies and show people that this is a serious situation and we all have to work our butts off to make sure things run smoothly between now and the seasons end. I expect the players are used to seeing Ashton turn up at the training ground for a press conference, it might just be a little more influential if the top dog, or his mini me turned up. Somewhat like when GJ had LJ on the pitch and training ground, as his representative, a reminder of who is actually the boss.

8 hours ago, Olé said:

This. The chairman doesn’t need to come out and say anything, and when they do it’s to (in the past anyway) issue the old vote of confidence. 

The CEO on the other hand....

Archived