IGNORED

Where is our Chairman?

Rich

4 hours ago, frenchred said:

The slime ball is only carrying out the wishes of his master, make no mistake about that!

In fact if you listened to the latest podcast lansdown makes no bones about whAt a good job ashton has done.

Time for blame to be apportioned correctly at the very top!

SL is hardly going to diss the guy he employed as CEO - of course he’s presenting an united front.

As for invisible Jon........buying property or whatever he’s doing in Bermuda is poor timing on his part with the club paying the price for several years of poor recruiting and consequently having a tough season. Plus he and Ashton delayed appointing after LJ was sacked and ended up with a guy in first managerial job - maybe he’s too embarrassed to show his face at AG after than balls up.........:dunno:

@Rich, how come after 55 years you have no faith. It appears to be the most crazy comment i've ever read. Where have you been for the past 5-6 years; great football, Double-Winning side, Champions of a division for first time in history, 4 years of competitive Championship football and now a wee blip that gets the 'glass 90% empty' brigade talking of relegation again.

You have have witnessed good and very good time recently otherwise i dont know which team you have been following in Bristol

What really did it for me was Ashton on the ‘High Performance’ Centre interview.

As ever, covering himself in glory for a positive. Went something like ‘well, the first thing they said when I arrived is we have a problem with the training centre... I sorted it’.

Far better Mr Ashton if you had spent your time concentrating on successful recruitment of players, managers, coaches, fitness and medical people. Very quiet on those things at the moment aren’t we?

48 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

@Rich, how come after 55 years you have no faith. It appears to be the most crazy comment i've ever read. Where have you been for the past 5-6 years; great football, Double-Winning side, Champions of a division for first time in history, 4 years of competitive Championship football and now a wee blip that gets the 'glass 90% empty' brigade talking of relegation again.

You have have witnessed good and very good time recently otherwise i dont know which team you have been following in Bristol

Is this post supposed to be in response to the post I responded to you with, which is as follows: "I really wish I shared your optimism, having experienced 55 years of so many disappointments following BCFC, I don't". 

Having watched us go backwards from that champion winning side since we got back into the championship, apart from a few good moments and I really do mean that, just a few good moments. I do not share your blind optimism that we will not get worse still. Experience of following (very fervently) my club for that amount of time, has shown me that there are too many disappointments/let downs, when I start to hope for a change and a little more than mediocrity, only to be followed by disappointment.

It's a way of protecting myself mentally for a fall, if it doesn't happen, then I'm delighted. Having followed my club for that length of time, I can assure you that we are one of the few clubs where you can say, if it'll happen to any club, it'll be us. We have a knack of abject failure when handed a chance to shine and prosper.

You carry on pretending that everything is rosy, I'll live in the real world where we have gone backwards for at least three years, in terms of actually watching anything like entertaining football.

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

What really did it for me was Ashton on the ‘High Performance’ Centre interview.

As ever, covering himself in glory for a positive. Went something like ‘well, the first thing they said when I arrived is we have a problem with the training centre... I sorted it’.

Far better Mr Ashton if you had spent your time concentrating on successful recruitment of players, managers, coaches, fitness and medical people. Very quiet on those things at the moment aren’t we?

It is a strange one. Spent someone else's money asking for an architect to design the centre, and builders to build it. 

No sure what MA thinks he added to the process. 

8 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Jamaica? 

No, he wasn't forced to. He went of his own free will.

PS. Very old and silly play in words. Sorry chaps and chappesses.

My wife's going to the West Indies

Jamaica 

No she went on her own accord 

Is John even our chairman anymore?

I notice that Steve has recently vacated his Chairman role for Ravenscroft - with the article stating that he intends to spend more time on his sporting interests in Bristol (and conservation in Africa).

Not sure if this has already been reported on here.

• Admin
12 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

I hope you were pissed when you wrote this!

To imply there have been no problems with our football in recent years is hilarious

10 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

What the actual fck are you on about.

I've always suspected you're an idiot but now I know for sure. 

To be fair it is the first time we have won the third tier in that guise, it was a North / South split before, but agree with your reply for the rest of the post

1 hour ago, phantom said:

To be fair it is the first time we have won the third tier in that guise, it was a North / South split before, but agree with your reply for the rest of the post

"champions of a division for first time in our history" is the quote, no mention of a specific tier!

Utter tripe and, like you say, I hope the person responsible was pissed at the time of writing ?

On 06/04/2021 at 12:16, Davefevs said:

I picked up on that error too!

The issue at the moment is that Ashton is the one who negotiates contracts, liaises with Agents and is the link between Owner ,Board and Manager. If he goes it will be at the most difficult time for the Club. Does the club have enough expertise to find a suitable replacement at short notice?

3 hours ago, Bob Thompson said:

The issue at the moment is that Ashton is the one who negotiates contracts, liaises with Agents and is the link between Owner ,Board and Manager. If he goes it will be at the most difficult time for the Club. Does the club have enough expertise to find a suitable replacement at short notice?

Screenshot_20210409-152606.jpg

On 05/04/2021 at 23:19, CotswoldRed said:

I'd be curious to know where his natural position in life lies. 

On the beach in Bermuda sipping Pina Coladas?

34 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'm more than happy for Jon Lansdown remaining low key. When a football chairman starts mouthing off and becomes more prominent than the players and manager it's a sure sign that the club is in trouble. 

Are there any other signs?

I'd have thought having to change our manager again, having lost seven on the bounce at home, having a bloated injury list, having to rely on youngsters and old uns brought in, having lost more games than any other team bar one, having created the least chances, being only just outside the relegation area and on a real downward spiral, having so many players out of contract and possibly losing the CEO who runs the show, were also indicators of being in trouble.

Hope you don't mind me mentioning that. I do also agree that he shouldn't be mouthing off, maybe just showing his face around the joint would be enough.

39 minutes ago, fatchers said:

Did'nt someone on here mention that the agent/player spotter that Ashton deals with is also Ashtons relative ?

Dunno about that, but Adam Griffin (LJ’s cousin) was a senior scout for us until last season.  Ashton has used Richard Lee (ex-Watford) for a bit of “consultancy”.  They’ve quite often been pictured at games together.

Archived