IGNORED

Foul for the penalty

Lrrr

Kalas didn't seem to argue much, Walker went down as though he'd been shot. In fact I thought they were up there with one of the worst for play acting and diving about and the referee fell for it every time. When Palmer pushed Kelly who promptly fell to the floor and then instantly looking to the ref was disgraceful.

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Watching on 0.25 speed really can't make my mind up about it, the player who wins the penalty seems to kick Kalas' shin if anything as he goes through his stride

Definitely a foul, so no argument from me. 
What’s much more concerning are the reactions of some of our players. 

For the penalty, Sessegnon stupidly gives it away in their half. He then makes a half-arsed effort to foul the bloke and then doesn’t even bother to attempt to run back to make up for his error. 
Pic 1 is when he misses the tackle. Massengo is about 15 yards ahead of him. 
Pic 2 is seconds later where HNM is busting a gut whilst SS isn’t arsed. 

Equally poor is our new right back with Prem winning experience. Their 3rd goal could be avoided if he’s actually bothered about being on the pitch. Yes, horrendous error from Rowe, but a team busts a gut to help his brother out when he’s ballsed up. Simpson just isn’t arsed. 
Pic 3 is when the attack starts. Simpson is level with the goal scorer. 
Pic 4 - 2 seconds later - not even in the picture! 
Pic 5 - where he’d managed to recover to. If he’d put in any effort at all he’d have been with the scorer and could have bailed Rowe out. 
*Note again that it’s HNM who put in the most effort  

If that’s what DS is gonna offer then he can **** off back to the scrap heap he’d come from. 

8CF46148-4E10-4EE9-8113-816FE4C45DE6.jpeg

91309709-DADF-4FA5-9356-27E108966410.jpeg

F7682394-11D3-4F00-90AA-19B75844A82D.jpeg

03F21152-3A2D-4A70-B152-5FE4865B9C20.jpeg

BC831A78-6E7C-4283-8A59-5E6A0F443A18.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

If that’s what DS is gonna offer then he can **** off back to the scrap heap he’d come from. 

Good analysis.

I also noticed that Danny Simpson's aimless or overhit forward passes to absolutely no one bore an uncanny resemblance to Jack Hunt's aimless or overhit forward passes to absolutely no one. Wonderful consistency in the right back position.

5 minutes ago, Olé said:

Good analysis.

I also noticed that Danny Simpson's aimless or overhit forward passes to absolutely no one bore an uncanny resemblance to Jack Hunt's aimless or overhit forward passes to absolutely no one. Wonderful consistency in the right back position.

It’s my absolute pet hate. Not tracking back. 
As you’ll know, it was my biggest criticism of Joe Bryan when he was here. It’s my biggest bugbear. I see it as lazy, and I hate lazy players. 
I noticed early in this season that Bakinson was also very prone to this lack of tracking and I called him out on it when 99% of others were lavishing him with praise. Laziness comes home to roost. Bakinson has hopefully realised this now. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

What a fine example of effort and attitude is HNM.  We all know how disappointed he was to constantly be left out of the side.  But he got his chance, and he’s taken it.  Thanks for sharing Harry.

And it takes more mentail effort to try that hard when those around you are not - I think I'd actively despise some of my so called team mates in his position. I hope NP does enough to convince him it's worth him staying here longer-term: I think he might have two years left on his contract so it's a redeemable position.

5 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Watching on 0.25 speed really can't make my mind up about it, the player who wins the penalty seems to kick Kalas' shin if anything as he goes through his stride

At the time, I thought No Penalty. But away it's seen as a gimme by the ref. all through the game he favoured the home side in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

It’s my absolute pet hate. Not tracking back. 
As you’ll know, it was my biggest criticism of Joe Bryan when he was here. It’s my biggest bugbear. I see it as lazy, and I hate lazy players. 
I noticed early in this season that Bakinson was also very prone to this lack of tracking and I called him out on it when 99% of others were lavishing him with praise. Laziness comes home to roost. Bakinson has hopefully realised this now. 

I found that there were one or two like Bryan post January 2018 window when they thought they would be overwhelmed with offers. The rest of the spring they played when they felt like it - bit like Fam this spring!

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Definitely a foul, so no argument from me. 
What’s much more concerning are the reactions of some of our players. 

For the penalty, Sessegnon stupidly gives it away in their half. He then makes a half-arsed effort to foul the bloke and then doesn’t even bother to attempt to run back to make up for his error. 
Pic 1 is when he misses the tackle. Massengo is about 15 yards ahead of him. 
Pic 2 is seconds later where HNM is busting a gut whilst SS isn’t arsed. 

Equally poor is our new right back with Prem winning experience. Their 3rd goal could be avoided if he’s actually bothered about being on the pitch. Yes, horrendous error from Rowe, but a team busts a gut to help his brother out when he’s ballsed up. Simpson just isn’t arsed. 
Pic 3 is when the attack starts. Simpson is level with the goal scorer. 
Pic 4 - 2 seconds later - not even in the picture! 
Pic 5 - where he’d managed to recover to. If he’d put in any effort at all he’d have been with the scorer and could have bailed Rowe out. 
*Note again that it’s HNM who put in the most effort  

8CF46148-4E10-4EE9-8113-816FE4C45DE6.jpeg

91309709-DADF-4FA5-9356-27E108966410.jpeg

F7682394-11D3-4F00-90AA-19B75844A82D.jpeg

03F21152-3A2D-4A70-B152-5FE4865B9C20.jpeg

BC831A78-6E7C-4283-8A59-5E6A0F443A18.jpeg

Not like me to make excuses for someone I would prefer we hadn’t signed, but I think the fact we made all 5 subs by the 65th minute really did for him.

I thought he limped out of a challenge with about 10 minutes to go & seeing his last start was back in June I was amazed we expected him to play the full 90, as he looked out on his feet well before they scored their third.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Not like me to make excuses for someone I would prefer we hadn’t signed, but I think the fact we made all 5 subs by the 65th minute really did for him.

I thought he limped out of a challenge with about 10 minutes to go & seeing his last start was back in June I was amazed we expected him to play the full 90, as he looked out on his feet well before they scored their third.

I was expecting Sessegnon to swap to RB and SImpson to come off

8 hours ago, Lrrr said:

I was expecting Sessegnon to swap to RB and SImpson to come off

Think Sessegnon’s utterly pathetic effort with the second goal meant NP had seen enough of him by then, but it was a big ask of Simpson.

Archived