IGNORED

Cardiff Embargo

E.J.Thribb

1 hour ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Pretty sure they have been given a 3 month extension to release their accounts so they will do it before the window opens and will be able to carry on as normal 

Seem to get away with anything 

None of the clubs are getting away with anything as I understand it.

All businesses were given an extension on when they had to file accounts because of COVID.

Some clubs have takes this up and have utilized the 3 month extension as they are entitled to.

The EFL, in their infinite wisdom, have ignored that and slapped a soft embargo on them.

Utter non- story.

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

All businesses were given an extension on when they had to file accounts because of COVID.

Some clubs have takes this up and have utilized the 3 month extension as they are entitled to.

The EFL, in their infinite wisdom, have ignored that and slapped a soft embargo on them.

Utter non- story.

Yeah, but where's the fun in that?

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

Utter non- story.

Why do they put transfer embargo’s on clubs when the window isn’t open ?

most people I’ve spoke to seem to think they will be fine to carry on with transfers when the window open 

5 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Pretty sure they have been given a 3 month extension to release their accounts so they will do it before the window opens and will be able to carry on as normal 

Seem to get away with anything 

They aren’t “getting away with anything” - limited companies have been given a three month extension to file their accounts, but for some reason the EFL has decided this doesn’t apply to football clubs under their membership .... happy to be corrected if I’ve got this wrong ...

2 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Why do they put transfer embargo’s on clubs when the window isn’t open ?

most people I’ve spoke to seem to think they will be fine to carry on with transfers when the window open 

Still can offer contracts outside of window, for their own players or other club’s players.  Just can’t transfer their registrations over for other clubs players until window opens.

I think all EFL are doing is making sure they submit their accounts to avoid dispute dragging into the summer / post-season.

I’m sure most will do this shortly.  They should’ve recently submitted their predictive accounts for 20/21, so 19/20’s proper accounts shouldn’t be that hard a task.

16 hours ago, Harry said:

Have they paid for Sala yet? 

No.

Still appealing against the FIFA arbitration for sport decision that said they should at least pay the initial down payment. Case should have been heard last year but doesn’t appear to have been, presumably because of Covid.

Clearly they have no intention of doing so for someone they announced as a new signing but who died before he ever arrived in Cardiff.

Total scum.

Archived