IGNORED

Forest on Saturday

BCFCGav

I’m really trying to get excited for this one. A big ask as you’ll all know. But let’s give the boys the benefit of the (very hefty) doubt and get the win Saturday. 14 points above relegation and 14th place, one win will surely do it and we can put this season behind us and look forward to the Euros and then 2021/22.

Start an XI who aren’t going OOC and who have shown they’ll fight. I’d go, in a simple 4-4-2:

Bents - easy, done well all season. 
Sess - only here on loan and will want to show Fulham he can cut it at RB should they be relegated.

Kalas - he’s a fighter, and these results will be hurting him. Plus he’ll want sharpness before the euros.

Mariappa - experienced and head strong. Won’t want to let Nige down.

Towler - academy product who will want to prove he’s up to it. Watford aside, he’s looked assured. 

Semenyo - our brightest spark.

Han-Noah - in form and fights hard.

Nagy - poor on Monday for sure but more often than not does a good job. Will need to stay sharp before playing with Hungary at the euros.

Palmer - looks dangerous of late and has a bit of sparkle which we so need for creativity.

Conway - bound to work hard and want to prove himself. We’ve heard many good things from the club, let’s see it.

Wells - our best goal scorer. Scored Monday. Way off the pace of late I know, but surely our most likely to get a run going.

Cut out the soft goals and let’s get this bloody season wrapped. COYR. 

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I’m really trying to get excited for this one. A big ask as you’ll all know. But let’s give the boys the benefit of the (very hefty) doubt and get the win Saturday. 14 points above relegation and 14th place, one win will surely do it and we can put this season behind us and look forward to the Euros and then 2021/22.

Start an XI who aren’t going OOC and who have shown they’ll fight. I’d go, in a simple 4-4-2:

Sess - only here on loan and will want to show Fulham he can cut it at RB should they be relegated.

Kalas - he’s a fighter, and these results will be hurting him. Plus he’ll want sharpness before the euros.

Towler - academy product who will want to prove he’s up to it. Watford aside, he’s looked assured. 

Nagy - poor on Monday for sure but more often than not does a good job. Will need to stay sharp before playing with Hungary at the euros.

Palmer - looks dangerous of late and has a bit of sparkle which we so need for creativity.

Conway - bound to work hard and want to prove himself. We’ve heard many good things from the club, let’s see it.

Wells - our best goal scorer. Scored Monday. Way off the pace of late I know, but surely our most likely to get a run going.

I thought Sess was poor on Monday.

17 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

You are a glutton for punishment. I’ve had enough from this lot.

27 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Palmer looks dangerous? He looks tired from new baby duties.

Nagy? Nondescript first half at Coventry. Rather play Morton.

Vyner for Mariappa.

Hunt instead of Simpson. Come back Jack, all is forgiven as Simpson isn't an improvement.

Up front, why not Britton? Scored again for U23 today.

Really hope I can resist and save £10, I have better things to waste money on, but I'm a mug.

I would look at those players who have
A) actually put effort in.
B) Will likely be here next year.

Bentley, Kalas, Vyner, HNM, Palmer, Semenyo.

Obviously we need to fill out the rest of the team, but I would start all those.

I would think that as he brought him in, Simpson starts.
As the alternatives are few, I'd go Sess at LB.
Nagy could well have been suffering after 2 games and flights, I would probably give him the nod.
I think he's been poor, and a waste of a loan, but I'd go Lansbury and give Pearson a start in a 4-2-3-1.
I would also , depending if anyone else is fit ( Walsh, Watkins, Baker etc, etc)

Bentley
Simpson - Vyner - Kalas - Sessignon
               Lansbury - Nagy
      Semenyo - Palmer - Pearson
                          Wells

Really not enjoying this season at all. Not sure I'll bother with a season ticket next year either, unless the club moves quickly with the manager situation.

We might be lucky to get nil in this one. I was looking forward to the Coventry game (??!!) but I can't say I even want to contemplate this one taking place.

I'd said a while back that I was confident in Boro, Forest and Cardiff all finishing above us (which didn't meet with universal approval on here). To be fair, I'm no sage, and I'm rarely right about any or all matters City. So if this one does come to fruition it will only make me more angry than I already am. Lovely.

I’d happily leave out all of those who are OOC and those who’ve shown no interest. 

Bentley

Moore - Towler - Kalas - Nurse

HNM - Vyner

Semenyo - Palmer - Edwards

Conway or Pearson 

On the bench for Nagy, Mariappa, Simpson, Rowe, Wells, Diedhiou etc  

Whats the worst that can happen? We lose. Ok, well that was gonna happen anyway  

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

If you knew me personally then you’d know that in the end I always get excited about watching City.

Not now. 

Quite frankly they don’t deserve it.

3 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

If this was the team it would be the worst City side i have ever seen down the gate. Got to stop all this talk about youngsters playing, funny how we have produced about 5 in the last 5 years and now all of a sudden we got about 8 coming through and there all the best thing since sliced bread. For me i would keep Bentley, Kalas, JD,  Semenyo. Everyone else are replaceable. Lansbury is about 4 years past his best and cant even run and signing a 34 year old RB is a joke, just play Vyner there and look for better in the summer. Massive clear out needed all round.

5 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Vyner for Mariappa.

Hunt instead of Simpson. Come back Jack, all is forgiven as Simpson isn't an improvement.

Britton is the kiddie But hasent come through Accadamy so unfortunately will have to wait his chance.

5 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Vyner for Mariappa.

Morton's registration is with Gillingham atm, he can still play for our 23's however as he is

I don't really understand this want to keep turning to the youngsters. Towler for me is a prime example, got absolutely taken apart at Watford and hauled off before half time against Swansea. 

If these younger lads were good enough they'd have been apart of the squad from the get go this season IMO. I know there's a massive lack of passion through the squad at the moment but playing the youngsters i do feel could end up doing more harm than good at this stage with the direction the team is going in

Bentley

RB Vyner Kalas LB

HNM CM

Semenyo Palmer LM

Wells

If I was pushed on who plays in RB, LB, CM & LM i'd probably say Simpson, Rowe, Lansbury & Pearson. That is no endorsement of any, we're either pretty limited in their roles or everyone else available is much of the same level. 

Will be interesting to see what happens with OOC players moving forward that’s for sure; in particular, Hunt, Fam and Rowe....perhaps we’ve seen the last of them?!

And after Coventry, the likes of Nagy are likely to get less game time too I would think, prior to selling in the summer?

Archived