IGNORED

Norwich on fire, in the snow

42104RED

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Was watching up to 2-0. Narrow wide players and attacking full backs supplying the width. Every player comfortable on the ball. Means they can pass it around and wait to play Pukki in.

I sometimes think why can't we play Wells in that role in Pearson's 4231, but we can't pass the ball so not so sure it would work like it does for Norwich ?

You right jon the best through ball wells has had all season came from the coventry lad maybe we should sign him

Good well run club. Good recruitment - players and manager - good manager, good academy, good board. Yes they have parachute money but they had to build to the PL to get that money and opportunity. It's not the owners money , Delia is nowhere near SL's league financially although unlike SL she can knock out a decent pie.  They've got the big decisions right...... Meanwhile in Guernsey SL dithers and delays 

The sad thing is that Norwich are highly likely to come straight back down.

The gulf between The Champ and the top dozen in The Prem is getting bigger.

Norwich play the game in the right way and deserve their plaudits but they will need to improve another 50% to survive next season.

It would be amazing to have a go in The Prem tho!

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Can we have one thread that doesn't turn into a moan about how crap we are?

We all know. We all agree. It doesn't need to be shoehorned into every single discussion.

In comparison we are a far worse side than Huddersfield so on a sliding scale of being crap, we are far more crap than Huddersfield 

22 minutes ago, INCRED said:

In comparison we are a far worse side than Huddersfield so on a sliding scale of being crap, we are far more crap than Huddersfield 

The Huddersfield side that we beat both home & away & that we are above in the table?

Interesting conclusion.

The confidence and togetherness of that team reminded me a bit of the end of double winning season when we simply dismantled the likes of Bradford and Walsall. When you’ve got that belief it’s untouchable at times 

11 hours ago, Edgy Red said:

The sad thing is that Norwich are highly likely to come straight back down.

The gulf between The Champ and the top dozen in The Prem is getting bigger.

Norwich play the game in the right way and deserve their plaudits but they will need to improve another 50% to survive next season.

It would be amazing to have a go in The Prem tho!

It's not too big a gap 1 of the 3 teams that go up usually stay there (Newcastle, Leeds, villa, west ham, Burnley, Brighton, wolves, Southampton, Palace), another seems to have a 50% chance of staying there for a season (e.g. West brom, Watford, Norwich), 1 team always seems to come back straight away(e.g. Fulham, Sheffield United, Cardiff, Reading). I'd love us to be a team that just came back down after a season compared with what we have had for the last few seasons. 

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

The Huddersfield side that we beat both home & away & that we are above in the table?

Interesting conclusion.

I take your point, and yet, would you put your house on us beating them if we played they again ?

My mate's a Norwich fan and is loving life on, HMS PisstheLeague as he's calling it. TBF why wouldn't you enjoy it, seasons like this don't come around too often do they. I also remember last year when he was hating football as they got torn a new one week in week out. Maybe they might be stronger this time around, it can work and I don't think they will do a Fulham and replace the entire squad when they do go up . IMO they will have more chance this time around, I believe they kept most of the team from last year, so a few quality additions may be enough.

Nice mix of good football, City standard defending and decent finishing.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12267953/norwich-7-0-huddersfield

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I take your point, and yet, would you put your house on us beating them if we played they again ?

Probably not, like I very much doubt we’d get 4 points out of 6 against Swansea again.

However if this season ends with us above Huddersfield, who as I said before, we have also beaten both home & away, then clearly we are a better team.

I’m just bored by the total lack of perspective being shown on here, it is like these posts now implying Pearson is no better than Holden, or Tommy Rowe is suddenly the worst player to ever play for us, just completely pointless.

If someone wants to argue we should now play all the U23s, or that Bakinson is someone who is worth persevering with, I wouldn’t necessarily agree, but as a point of view fair enough, some of this stuff is just negative for being negatives sake.

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Probably not, like I very much doubt we’d get 4 points out of 6 against Swansea again.

However if this season ends with us above Huddersfield, who as I said before, we have also beaten both home & away, then clearly we are a better team.

I’m just bored by the total lack of perspective being shown on here, it is like these posts now implying Pearson is no better than Holden, or Tommy Rowe is suddenly the worst player to ever play for us, just completely pointless.

If someone wants to argue we should now play all the U23s, or that Bakinson is someone who is worth persevering with, I wouldn’t necessarily agree, but as a point of view fair enough, some of this stuff is just negative for being negatives sake.

Yep. Always the way on here when things are going badly.

Some of it comes across as a bit tryhard "look at me everyone, look at how outraged I am!"

3 hours ago, Pezo said:

It's not too big a gap 1 of the 3 teams that go up usually stay there (Newcastle, Leeds, villa, west ham, Burnley, Brighton, wolves, Southampton, Palace), another seems to have a 50% chance of staying there for a season (e.g. West brom, Watford, Norwich), 1 team always seems to come back straight away(e.g. Fulham, Sheffield United, Cardiff, Reading). I'd love us to be a team that just came back down after a season compared with what we have had for the last few seasons. 

I sort of agree Pezo but i bet you won't be sticking your mortgage on Norwich staying up next year?

Newcastle, Leeds, Villa and West Ham are big clubs who should be in The Prem but the likes of Burnley and Brighton are really making up the numbers. Don't get me wrong i'd happily let City make up the numbers for a season, but the reality is that the Prem is on another level to the top half of The Champ.

I think Norwich will need to follow Brighton's blueprint. The Seagulls still try and play good football but have added some real physicality to their defending (Burn, Dunk, Webster, Bissouma etc). If The Canaries can recruit well they'll have a small chance of finishing in the bottom 6 (outside the bottom 3) but sadly i won't be putting my money on it!

Archived