IGNORED

Ipswich Takeover Complete. What does this mean for us?

headhunter

Please let it be Mark Ashton that is appointed. Completely squandered the legacy and potential afforded by a double winning team. Any has presided over the most expensive recruitment drive in our history. There have been some hits but on the whole it must be judged on what we have - an unblanced squad and medically inept setup. We are now relying on unproven young players, who are not IMO ready for the Championship. And to compound matters lots of players have been allowed to enter the last year of contracts and can leave for free. What an absolute farce that is. I'll drive you Mr Ashton to Ipswich.  

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Hopefully Ashton will be appointed CEO at Portman Rd........opening the door Bristol City fans Richard Scudamore...............:cool2:

That would be a good outcome. Scudamore (as far as I know) has involvement with a US consortium. Perhaps that could be the extra investment SL is after.

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Has he ever said he wants another football job? 

Scudamore?  

Who knows?  It’s been a while since he stood down so will be well rested. He’s also a Bristol City fan so may  find a senior job a AG appealing.

Just a thought.............:dunno:

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That would be a good outcome. Scudamore (as far as I know) has involvement with a US consortium. Perhaps that could be the extra investment SL is after.

RedBall Acquisition Corp: The former Premier League boss Richard Scudamore has been appointed to the board of a US-listed company that has been set up to invest in European football, with a Premier League club understood to be top of its wish list.

The RedBall Acquisition Corp’s founders had been hoping to raise $500 million in an initial public offering (IPO) but high demand from investors meant underwriters sold another $75 million’s worth of shares, bringing the total to $575 million (almost £440 million).

The special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), which is registered in the Cayman Islands, started trading on the New York Stock Exchange this week, with a current share price just over the initial offer of $10. Also known as blank-check companies, SPACs are publicly-listed shell companies created to buy or merge with another company, with the money raised from an IPO.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

RedBall Acquisition Corp: The former Premier League boss Richard Scudamore has been appointed to the board of a US-listed company that has been set up to invest in European football, with a Premier League club understood to be top of its wish list.

The RedBall Acquisition Corp’s founders had been hoping to raise $500 million in an initial public offering (IPO) but high demand from investors meant underwriters sold another $75 million’s worth of shares, bringing the total to $575 million (almost £440 million).

The special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), which is registered in the Cayman Islands, started trading on the New York Stock Exchange this week, with a current share price just over the initial offer of $10. Also known as blank-check companies, SPACs are publicly-listed shell companies created to buy or merge with another company, with the money raised from an IPO.

Does seem quite a convenient connection... hmm

2+2 gives a strong indication that MA would be off to Ipswich. Given his long standing links with O’Leary. 
However, with SL engaging with new investors, and MA will no doubt be part of those negotiations, I do wonder if he’ll still be here to see that through - SL weirdly seems to trust him implicitly. 
I certainly hope the 2+2 is correct but I have a fear he may still be here ?

9 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Yes.

So Ashton, the swine, turnt him down here giving us Deano instead, all the while muttering under his evil breath: Cookie, you're coming to Suffolk with me.

Let’s be clear, the poor bloke won’t even get 1 window without the Velcro bearded villain tactically changing his job description 

E3179A08-F05C-41DC-BAAA-1157C5CEF559.jpeg

3 minutes ago, BITW said:

Hope this is true. If so can we offer them our medical staff free of charge also? 

How about adding Ashton’s fitness guys, coaches, recruitment analysts and players as part of the deal? 

Like, we’ll add them for free, nothing, zilch. 

There was me thinking this season had been a total waste as well... and then there was this massive ‘Brucie Bonus’ waiting for us all at the end! 

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

2+2 gives a strong indication that MA would be off to Ipswich. Given his long standing links with O’Leary. 
However, with SL engaging with new investors, and MA will no doubt be part of those negotiations, I do wonder if he’ll still be here to see that through - SL weirdly seems to trust him implicitly. 
I certainly hope the 2+2 is correct but I have a fear he may still be here ?

SL has given his public support of MA, but if either of the scenarios you've suggested are true, it would be the right thing to do.

If MA is negotiating with investors, or if he lining up his next project, it would be bad timing for SL to slag him off.

Archived