IGNORED

Ipswich Takeover Complete. What does this mean for us?

headhunter

1 hour ago, cheese said:

Maybe this is the reason for a delay in confirming Pearson's long term appointment?

If Ashton hasn't gone to Ipswich by the time of Steve's trip over from Guernsey we should put their meetings on Robins TV like the final episode of the Apprentice. "Mark, it is with regret, you're fired."

"Nigel, you are hired."

In fact we could even organise for the out of contract players to try and make ice lollies or produce an advert for cat food, so that Steve can fire the lot of them before he goes back to Lulsgate too.

1 minute ago, Olé said:

If Ashton hasn't gone to Ipswich by the time of Steve's trip over from Guernsey we should put their meetings on Robins TV like the final episode of the Apprentice. "Mark, it is with regret, you're fired."

"Nigel, you are hired."

In fact we could even organise for the out of contract players to try and make ice lollies or produce an advert for cat food, so that Steve can fire the lot of them before he goes back to Lulsgate too.

Beach towels more like..............

I wonder if Pearson's "If it's in the summer, it will be too late" comments are linked here. 

Perhaps he is insistent of Steve Walsh coming in alongside him and wants it sorted early to identify targets before the summer.

Therefore the "too late" comments would make sense. It's clear to see he isn't impressed with the current squad and will want to overhaul in the summer. 

Could be lots going on behind the scenes. 

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Can’t help but feel a bit worried about the relationship between Lansdown and us (fan base) if we’ve effectively pushed out a member of the team he clearly believes in. Hope this doesn’t get any uglier. 

Fight, fight, fight

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Can’t help but feel a bit worried about the relationship between Lansdown and us (fan base) if we’ve effectively pushed out a member of the team he clearly believes in. Hope this doesn’t get any uglier. 

Pushed out? Think that's stretching it a bit tbh.................

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Scudamore?  

Who knows?  It’s been a while since he stood down so will be well rested. He’s also a Bristol City fan so may  find a senior job a AG appealing.

Just a thought.............:dunno:

CEO is a pretty hands on job. Does he need the hassle? I doubt he needs the money!

7 minutes ago, hollydog said:

CEO is a pretty hands on job. Does he need the hassle? I doubt he needs the money!

Who knows whether he’d be interested? City are his club after all. He might jump at the chance.

Scudamore will have many contacts with the football industry and that would be a great asset to have on board.

2 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

I'll get my keys where is Ipswich again?

Ipswich is a fabulous place to live and work, and anybody with an ounce of common sense should be busting a gut to go there if the chance should arise.  

Hang on a second ....   so our CEO has been acting as an agent for another club these last several months?      When did that start?   before or after his extensive 10 week search to find that our assistant head coach was the best person available to replace LJ?

8 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

"not endear him to fans with the decision to appoint the experienced Dean Holden over more established figures such as Chris Hughton and Paul Cook, now Ipswich manager"

I love that the Post calls Holden "experienced"?!?   must be a typo??

2 minutes ago, Daniro said:

"not endear him to fans with the decision to appoint the experienced Dean Holden over more established figures such as Chris Hughton and Paul Cook, now Ipswich manager"

I love that the Post calls Holden "experienced"?!?   must be a typo??

Thinks there's an "in" missing in front of "experienced".

Archived