IGNORED

Ipswich Takeover Complete. What does this mean for us?

headhunter

16 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

So was Ashton facilitating this whilst still being employed by Steve Lansdown on mega Wonga? Surely a conflict of interest as far as the recruitment role for LJs replacement etc?

Start the conspiracy theories, he didn’t hire Paul Cook here so he could be hired at Ipswich :ph34r:

also if everyone just finishing every sentence with allegedly just in case?

allegedly....

Whatever people’s opinions of MA I tend to think that if a move to Ipswich has been on the radar for some time then Steve L would have been fully addressed of it by MA. It’s been talked about for a while so I can’t see Steve just thinking nothing to worry about. 

Indeed it’s possible the consortium approached us as well but did not fit what our owner is looking for or vice versa. MA would not have needed to be involved other than for initial contact which he also probably has done in respect of other potential investors for us which could be still be ongoing. 

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You disagree?

I'm shocked tbh................have you been asleep for the last 16 months?

I must have been no 1, as all I've seen is a nightmare where we appointed someone totally inept as our head coach and someone said 'he was by far the best man for the job'. I'm so glad it was a bad dream! 

Are we in the Prem yet then? :)

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

I must have been no 1, as all I've seen is a nightmare where we appointed someone totally inept as our head coach and someone said 'he was by far the best man for the job'. I'm so glad it was a bad dream! 

Are we in the Prem yet then? :)

........this time next year Rodney............

We knew something was on the cards for some time but the announcement was only made today.    A lot of fans here have been in the dark as to the nature of what to expect or when some kind of confirmation would arrive.    I've been reading up on all manner of pages the last hour, TWTD, BBC Sport ITFC, Tractors Boys.com, even the Pink Un Norwich City message board to gain opinion, it's still relatively early and a lot to take in.

Why the hell this didn't come to practice before now is a mystery.   These American owners we're looking at, I don't think it's a name for everyone and people may be getting ahead of themselves (just overriding relief that Evans has sold up) but since 2007 we've had the latter name and despite putting money in to the club he never provided money to spend on the team at least nowhere near enough for us to be competitive and only seemed to speak out or show himself when the team were at or near a crisis level.   His intentions may have been good and been successful in other business ventures he had but regards ownership of a football team was totally adrift of reality.

Funny old game, few days ago one of the worst instances of sport with a  0 - 0  with Rochdale,  messing up again a chance of a promotion and now this.   Seems to arrive (the takeover deal) at an inappropriate time in that's it too late for a promotion bid so guess it's planning now for next season.    Got to look on the bright side though.    Few weeks ago we had Paul Lambert and Evans appeared to be going nowhere, now it's a new manager and ownership we're looking at.

Paul Cook our manager has struggled to make an impact since coming in, results and performances have been really no better than Lambert and one or two were even suggesting an exit so soon after coming in but today's news has to be encouraging.    I didn't really want American owners particularly ones I don't know enough about.    40 years back the Cobbolds (our then chairman and owners) put together a team, manager and club set-up that could rightfully boast to be on the verge of Europe's greatest but the fall since then has been colossal.

There was talk today of restoring us to former glories from the ownership pairings but not sure quite what standard they had in mind for that.  What we did and achieved under Bobby Robson can never be repeated.   All I ask is make the team competitive once again, provide money for decent players and at least have a bit more ambition than Evans could have attempted.     I'm not asking for an instant return to the premier league or European adventures once again - that's just fantasy land to the realists - I just want some pride and excitement restored to the club name after years and years or stagnant waste and misadventure.     Got to go now.  

2 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

We knew something was on the cards for some time but the announcement was only made today.    A lot of fans here have been in the dark as to the nature of what to expect or when some kind of confirmation would arrive.    I've been reading up on all manner of pages the last hour, TWTD, BBC Sport ITFC, Tractors Boys.com, even the Pink Un Norwich City message board to gain opinion, it's still relatively early and a lot to take in.

Why the hell this didn't come to practice before now is a mystery.   These American owners we're looking at, I don't think it's a name for everyone and people may be getting ahead of themselves (just overriding relief that Evans has sold up) but since 2007 we've had the latter name and despite putting money in to the club he never provided money to spend on the team at least nowhere near enough for us to be competitive and only seemed to speak out or show himself when the team were at or near a crisis level.   His intentions may have been good and been successful in other business ventures he had but regards ownership of a football team was totally adrift of reality.

Funny old game, few days ago one of the worst instances of sport with a  0 - 0  with Rochdale,  messing up again a chance of a promotion and now this.   Seems to arrive (the takeover deal) at an inappropriate time in that's it too late for a promotion bid so guess it's planning now for next season.    Got to look on the bright side though.    Few weeks ago we had Paul Lambert and Evans appeared to be going nowhere, now it's a new manager and ownership we're looking at.

Paul Cook our manager has struggled to make an impact since coming in, results and performances have been really no better than Lambert and one or two were even suggesting an exit so soon after coming in but today's news has to be encouraging.    I didn't really want American owners particularly ones I don't know enough about.    40 years back the Cobbolds (our then chairman and owners) put together a team, manager and club set-up that could rightfully boast to be on the verge of Europe's greatest but the fall since then has been colossal.

There was talk today of restoring us to former glories from the ownership pairings but not sure quite what standard they had in mind for that.  What we did and achieved under Bobby Robson can never be repeated.   All I ask is make the team competitive once again, provide money for decent players and at least have a bit more ambition than Evans could have attempted.     I'm not asking for an instant return to the premier league or European adventures once again - that's just fantasy land to the realists - I just want some pride and excitement restored to the club name after years and years or stagnant waste and misadventure.     Got to go now.  

I used to like Ipswich tbh but now you've stolen Mark Ashton off of us I'm not sure I can feel that way any more. I'll let you know once you've confirmed him..........

54 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Whatever people’s opinions of MA I tend to think that if a move to Ipswich has been on the radar for some time then Steve L would have been fully addressed of it by MA. It’s been talked about for a while so I can’t see Steve just thinking nothing to worry about. 

Indeed it’s possible the consortium approached us as well but did not fit what our owner is looking for or vice versa. MA would not have needed to be involved other than for initial contact which he also probably has done in respect of other potential investors for us which could be still be ongoing. 

Sacking Ashton will mean SL accepting that once again he made a mistake. For that reason Ashton will stay as long as he likes because he has become SL's comfort blanket

So poor old Steve. Allegedly, his chairman has jumped ship and allegedly, his CEO is about to go as well. This explains why SL hired NP personally, which was unusual. Until the CEO is replaced permanently, we may see a temporary appointment made. So, we will have no chairman, a (temporary) manager, a temporary CEO and a crap team. 

This is all allegedly of course.

Just now, Desso said:

So poor old Steve. Allegedly, his chairman has jumped ship and allegedly, his CEO is about to go as well. This explains why SL hired NP personally, which was unusual. Until the CEO is replaced permanently, we may see a temporary appointment made. So, we will have no chairman, a (temporary) manager, a temporary CEO and a crap team. 

This has whats struck me too, maybe SL knew this was happening so is starting to move in a different direction and NP is the start of the rebuild, I would expect Walsh to join soon after..

11 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

You lucky, lucky people at ITFC. New money, a decent manager with Mark Ashton running the whole thing, keeping the fans regularly updated, totally up front and honest, tells it as it is, leaves you in no doubt about anything, answers any question with a straightforward, easy to follow answer, no bullshit or spin etc etc. You lucky, lucky people. ?

Oh, THAT Mark Ashton!!

15 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

I think it is disgraceful your lot stealing our star performer. How dare you. Daylight robbery!

4 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Sacking Ashton will mean SL accepting that once again he made a mistake. For that reason Ashton will stay as long as he likes because he has become SL's comfort blanket

Maybe part of MAs job was to babysit the chairman. Now that he appears to be gone, not now needed allegedly.

1 minute ago, GasDestroyer said:

I think it is disgraceful your lot stealing our star performer. How dare you. Daylight robbery!

Money talks GD, obviously our owner is down to his last couple of £Billion and we just can't compete. Off to the bright lights of Ipswich you go Mr Ashton with our collective toes up your arse best wishes! 

8 minutes ago, Desso said:

His own son has jumped ship? ?

20 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I used to like Ipswich tbh but now you've stolen Mark Ashton off of us I'm not sure I can feel that way any more. I'll let you know once you've confirmed him..........

They're rising rapidly on my list of favourite clubs I must say No 1. ;) 

The long standing dizziness in my head is clearing by the second. 

Dizzy GIFs | Tenor

Archived