IGNORED

Ipswich Takeover Complete. What does this mean for us?

headhunter

• Admin
1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Scudamore just feels more like a Chairman or a NED than a CEO. I know nothing about what may have gone on behind closed doors, but it feels like maybe Scudamore as a NED plus a younger DOF. Sack off the whole CEO position entirely.

That's almost as bad as an episode of  Line of Duty

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56662790

So in a nutshell, we know that Ipswich Town FC has been sold to a bunch of yanks, a bloke called O’Leary (who has worked with MA at WBA and Oxford United) is appointed as Chairman and is quoted as saying an English CEO will be appointed.
We now need to simply sit tight and see if MA is that CEO.

If so OTIB will erupt and SL will be without his main man.

Is that pretty much where we are? 

Father O'Leary just offered me a Bible. I think it's a sign to prey for that miracle.

1 hour ago, M.D said:

maybe SL is letting the Ipswich takeover take place and waiting to announce things once thats all finalised he can hardly start announcing things before all thats taken place can he?

This is an exceedingly well considered point young man.

There seems to be something funny with the timing of Ashtons appointment in Jan 2016, the departure of SC and the gradual descent in quality of football from that point. I know we had a decent cup run and our overall league position improved gradually. But, that was attained with a lot of players from the previous regime. Since the squad has changed gradually, the quality of football has also changed, in a downward trajectory. There's been one constant during that period, organising the quality of those coming in and those leaving, as well as organising those that look after the players(medical staff).

I know there's been some success when getting good fees for departing players but, we have also forked out a hell of a lot of cash to end up heading downwards. 

The infrastructure at the club has been improved over that period, due to heavy investment from the owners and more investment is planned. meaning that the foundations are there.

Taking this history into account, is it at all possible that, the model for outside investment has been manipulated in such a way, as to make it a better investment for certain consortiums? It's always better to have two options to invest in, especially if they're in what might seem like a false position for the amount of infrastructure investment and potential. By this I mean, reduce the value of the product to make it more attractive for the investors.

Sounds like a plot from Dallas with JR being played by MA and Cliff Barnes taking the role of SL. Probably thinking and linking too much together, or am I?

Is this looking likely then?

I think the recruitment all things being equal has been a mixed bag...but then you have the injuries and that can knock it down significantly!

To what extent can Ashton be held responsible for the recurring injury issues? Fitter squads and I think the football would have been more even and cohesive- some better tactics wouldn't have gone amiss either.

4 minutes ago, tin said:

He’s also OOC in the summer. Surely this is a no-brainer?

No brains can be applied to a lot of things that have happened at City in recent years, but not in a good way 

The positive here is that there is a serious opportunity for a new, successful culture to be embedded. 

My concern is that Bristol City is vulnerable to a power grab from the wrong kind of ambitious actors. 

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

The positive here is that there is a serious opportunity for a new, successful culture to be embedded. 

My concern is that Bristol City is vulnerable to a power grab from the wrong kind of ambitious actors. 

Agree that it’s an opportunity, but worried about what other ‘dead wood’ behind the scenes there is, how much of a clear out could we actually have at the same time, almost start a fresh... which of course would bring its own issues!

Would also like to think SL is an astute enough business man to read a person very well, especially a potential new CEO.

Archived