IGNORED

Ipswich Takeover Complete. What does this mean for us?

headhunter

9 hours ago, BCFC_95 said:

Agree that it’s an opportunity, but worried about what other ‘dead wood’ behind the scenes there is, how much of a clear out could we actually have at the same time, almost start a fresh... which of course would bring its own issues!

Would also like to think SL is an astute enough business man to read a person very well, especially a potential new CEO.

As well as he read the last CEO?!!!

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

So has he (potentially) jumped, been pushed, or a bit of both?

Wonder if Steve will be sad to see the back of him or not after this last year.

Everything Ashton does is to protect himself. 
LJ ‘covered’ for him for years, but as soon as the flak started coming Ashton’s way after LJ’s departure, he’d have been carefully plotting his exit. 
His CV and reputation will be protected by leaving of his own accord. 
Don’t think for a single second that Ashton would do anything that doesn’t benefit himself. 

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Everything Ashton does is to protect himself. 
LJ ‘covered’ for him for years, but as soon as the flak started coming Ashton’s way after LJ’s departure, he’d have been carefully plotting his exit. 
His CV and reputation will be protected by leaving of his own accord. 
Don’t think for a single second that Ashton would do anything that doesn’t benefit himself. 

Exactly, he's a career CEO who is probably matching his wages at a new club at a time when his wage is coming under serious scrutiny at his current one and may require a downward adjustment even due to a "structure change" required by a new Manager anyway.

2 hours ago, IAmNick said:

So has he (potentially) jumped, been pushed, or a bit of both?

Wonder if Steve will be sad to see the back of him or not after this last year.

I think he will.

Whatever our views, SL clearly values & rates him.

38 minutes ago, Blockb said:

Harry do you think that may be why he wanted Holden so he could carry on as if Lj was still here ? 

It would certainly have been a control-mechanism of sorts. 
Either that or pure and utter incompetence. 

13 hours ago, mozo said:

The positive here is that there is a serious opportunity for a new, successful culture to be embedded. 

My concern is that Bristol City is vulnerable to a power grab from the wrong kind of ambitious actors. 

This is, after all, Bristol City we are talking about. A club that continually shoots itself in the foot time after time. Who knows what the next few days will hold.

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

A bit of both I think

A good friend of mine is an Ipswich fan and he thinks that his club is in such a bad place that the new consortium couldn't make things worse for them.

I spoke with him about Mark Ashton, I'm now worried about his mental health..

42 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’d go for the former - whilst he’s done well in terms of negotiating outbound transfers, a lot of the inbounds have left a lot to be desired.

Apart from SL, he’s really not liked by others at the club!

Get him gone - get a DoF in to support NP and let’s see where it takes us.....

This would be a great opportunity for City to restructure whilst ensuring that Appleton never becomes our Head Coach!

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Exactly, he's a career CEO who is probably matching his wages at a new club at a time when his wage is coming under serious scrutiny at his current one and may require a downward adjustment even due to a "structure change" required by a new Manager anyway.

Just imagine the “finders fee”!

Can’t happen soon enough, there appears to be a negative culture brewing at the club which is manifesting into the performances on the pitch.

Organisational cultures generally stem from the CEO and aligned with what’s happening with the facilities and the Bears I would suggest this culture doesn’t fit what SL is trying to build.

I’d really like to see some outside investment & ideas to help SL progress, people with football knowledge & some skin in the game.

Not everyone’s cup of tea, but the Red Bull model could be interesting, focus on elite performance & analytics etc with a definite plan on reaching PL

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Little bit of stuff on twitter tonight to from Joey Pople who’s been ITK on some stuff in the past.

Far as I can tell that guy just posts stuff Gregor does, about 2 mins after Gregor tweets or reports it’s on Bristol live...

Which is good enough for me. Goodbye Mark. 

Archived