IGNORED

Ipswich Takeover Complete. What does this mean for us?

headhunter

7 hours ago, Harry said:

Everything Ashton does is to protect himself. 
LJ ‘covered’ for him for years, but as soon as the flak started coming Ashton’s way after LJ’s departure, he’d have been carefully plotting his exit. 
His CV and reputation will be protected by leaving of his own accord. 
Don’t think for a single second that Ashton would do anything that doesn’t benefit himself. 

I have no doubt you're right - but that implies to me he's now seeing his position as potentially under threat, or at least under scrutiny.

I just wonder what stage it'd get to for Lansdown to pull the trigger. As @GrahamC mentioned he sounds a big fan, although it'd be extremely poor form for him to publicly air the dirty laundry between himself and his CEO/COO (whatever he is).

My guess is he'll leave on publicly very good terms and probably seemingly of his own accord no matter what the reality is behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Never even heard this theory?? 

I think there's a multitude of reasons JL was never going to follow in his Dad's footsteps. 

Primary reasons being his penchant for snorkelling and reggae music

49 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Normally when someone in this sort of position leaves they are put on gardening leave. What is to stop him taking all our transfer targets with him? Actually probably for the best if he does take the list with him.

Assombalonga to Ipswich? 

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Ashton didn't want Holden. 

SL's call 100%

Steve "take us to the next level" Lansdown appointed Holden? 

I know you're quite reliable on here, so what information am I overlooking? Why was it 100% SL? Just because it's a classic lansdown internal appointment?

13 hours ago, IAmNick said:

So has he (potentially) jumped, been pushed, or a bit of both?

Wonder if Steve will be sad to see the back of him or not after this last year.

If he thinks Ashton is Mista Know it all he might.

When MA was appointed it was all, "You and Me We Can Conquer the World” , but when MA finalised his contract at Ipswich and told them “ Singed, Sealed, Delivered I’m yours, SL felt it was more “Yester-me, Yester-you, Yesterday". When MA tells SL his 2 months notice period finishes  in June SL’s parting words will be “I Never Dreamed You’d Leave in Summer” but, you might be going but I will still be here and “livin’ for the City”.

Archived