IGNORED

Ipswich Takeover : Original thread removed

Kid in the Riot

7 minutes ago, mozo said:

Does the club actually contact OTIB about removing confidential or market sensitive info?

Oh yes and anyone who doesn't think they read this forum has got it wrong as well. I remember being pulled up by a staff member from a DIFFERENT CLUB about some information a family member of mine put on here once (which was fairly easily identifiable back to me).

Just now, sh1t_ref_again said:

The fact pressure seems to have been applied to remove a thread, perhaps gives it some validation, its just a case of which bit was contentious?

The party line is that putting it on here could prejudice negotiations and the clubs "position"...........I can tell you the club's position though without any inside knowledge whatsoever.........complete ******* mess.

43 minutes ago, TomF said:

You're now comparing me to the admin on gaschat?  Thanks a ******* bunch.

None of you have any idea of the shit that's gone on the last month about this.  None.

I'm so desperately tired now, I'm even considering telling the MD we'll serve our notice on hosting the forum and simply close it down.  I'm absolutely done with it. 

You and the other Mods do a stand up job, mate. It's appreciated by everyone. 

The fact you've been pressured - by persons unknown but whose identity is simple to work out - into closing down that thread speaks volumes about those leaning on you.

I'm sure closing the thread was anything but an easy decision.

I can hear the weasel words now "commercially sensitive" this, "non-disclosure" that. 

Publish and be damned! 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Mods - any reason why my post made back in Feb outlining Ipswich's US takeover, Ashton's rumoured involvement and Steve Lansdown looking to sell the club/look for investment appears to have been deleted?

@TomF@phantom

Only it appears to have all come true! 

Who’s gonna win the 4:15 at Kemptown?

8 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

If Agatha Christie was alive today there is enough at Ashton Gate to get Poirot or Miss Marple onto it, suspicion and intrigue, all it lacks is a Murder.......................at the moment !!!

Poirot to replace Fam, Miss Marple tough tackling DCM/or CH. Hell of a leap on her apparently.

On 04/04/2021 at 11:28, chinapig said:

This falls short of a conspiracy theory as it has some actual verifiable, documented facts in it. Must try harder!

Yes it needs something like the following really;

"Mike O' Leary is an anagram of I am Princess Diana" or something like that.

Glad to help ?

What a rotten bit of luck @Kid in the Riot

https://web.archive.org/web/20210223092422/https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/211190-ipswich-town-takeover-mark-ashton/

They'll probably have the whole internet shut down now*. I hope you're happy with yourself.

*I use Virgin Media so I won't be able to tell the difference

7 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

You and the other Mods do a stand up job, mate. It's appreciated by everyone. 

The fact you've been pressured - by persons unknown but whose identity is simple to work out - into closing down that thread speaks volumes about those concerned.

I'm sure closing the thread was anything but an easy decision.

I can hear the weasel words now "commercially sensitive" this, "non-disclosure" that. 

Publish and be damned! 

Quite obvious who from the club has been putting pressure on the MODs. The rabbit is out of the hat finally.

1 minute ago, Olé said:

What a rotten bit of luck @Kid in the Riot

https://web.archive.org/web/20210223092422/https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/211190-ipswich-town-takeover-mark-ashton/

They'll probably have the whole internet shut down now*. I hope you're happy with yourself.

*I use Virgin Media so I won't be able to tell the difference

Cheers Rob, please write when I'm behind bars.

3 minutes ago, Wolf Island said:

Who?

It wouldn't be hard to guess in which order the "pressure" was applied...........but if you think about it why would anyone answer your question directly, causing the Moderators even more grief that they don't need and cause another topic to be "taken down". Anyone who wants an "answer" will just need to use their imagination.

30 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

There seemed to be a point made of Ashton holding up a mini city kit in social media a couple of weeks ago. Congratulating scudamore of becoming a grandad . Let the conspiracy theory commence ?

I’ll run with that!

Steve stalling on Pearson, unsettled behind the scenes causing a complete meltdown in performance at the Club, reference to the need for investment from others, Steve - oddly - not broadcasting big news on our own media, Jon out near US of A way ...... 

1 hour ago, TomF said:

You're now comparing me to the admin on gaschat?  Thanks a ******* bunch.

None of you have any idea of the shit that's gone on the last month about this.  None.

I'm so desperately tired now, I'm even considering telling the MD we'll serve our notice on hosting the forum and simply close it down.  I'm absolutely done with it. 

So mods can say ‘ *******’ ? 

Archived