IGNORED

Ipswich Takeover : Original thread removed

Kid in the Riot

56 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Some classic Streisand effect going on as well. Simply by (as I understand it) putting pressure on the forum to remove the thread they've confirmed that the theory is correct. Idiots.

Hilarious, isn't it. Someone at the Ipswich end or the Bristol end has played a blinder. The numbnuts.

For anyone unfamiliar with the term:

The Streisand effect is a social phenomenon that occurs when an attempt to hide, remove, or censor information has the unintended consequence of further publicizing that information, often via the Internet.

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Thanks all, and apologies for the rant, expletives and so forth. Not aimed at anyone nor the club. Just sometimes it's difficult to hold back when you have had to deal with the situation at hand. Its a number of circumstances a few beyond my control. It's very frustrating and time consuming.

I think I need some time out right now,

All the best mate. Cricket starts tomorrow follow Somerset for a few days

1 hour ago, TomF said:

I've had no contact with the club, no.  They have a protocol if they want threads removed which is to contact the supporters trust and/or myself and we deal with it appropriately.   They haven't asked for a thread to be removed for well over 5+ years, maybe even back to the GJ days possibly. 

Nicely crafted words.

Clever GIF by memecandy

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Few small things.

Kid posted a story ages ago, further developments have seen his speculation come partly true, and time will see if the rest of it is accurate. As for him creating a shit show... He isn't trying to be Breaking News and desperate to be first with information, just someone who posted information they had been able to find online and built on it. I appreciated the effort they went to.

10 hours a day moderating a forum? I very much doubt that (and I speak as someone who used to do some moderating of online communities far larger than this, on behalf of a broadcasting corporation). Their work is appreciated, but to suggest it takes 70 hours a week...

As for the club not contacting the forum moderators if they want posts removed, Tom said they have done that before, but it's rare.

Only just catching up with this thread as sadly my work expected me to actually do something today.

Thought it easiest to pick up from one of the latter replies than be out of sync

On a personal note I check this forum multiple times a day from the moment I get up (07:00) to the time I go to bed (23:00), you would be surprised how often there are things raised that ideally need resolving, of course it isn't a flat out 16 hours but some days it can take a number of hours sorting reports from users, and then actually viewing the forum as a supporter myself.

One thing that seems to be confused lately, @Kid in the Riot posting earlier reminded me about this, that we have Admin and mods on here, depending on the role is what access and amendments we can make, some things we can all do, others only certain people can do

15 minutes ago, Daniro said:

Hang on a second ....   so our CEO has been acting as an agent for another club these last several months?      When did that start?   before or after his extensive 10 week search to find that our assistant head coach was the best person available to replace LJ?

I was wondering about this too, surely if he is employed by us he should be working for us?

It's no secret that wheels were in motion last year for someone to come on board with us, I was wondering if Ashton was the link for us and the stories with Ipswich just loosely connected

I would be pretty cheesed off if I was Steve L actively looking for someone to invest in the club and his CEO was doing this for another club at the same time

6 minutes ago, Will b11 said:

Does anyone actually think this will end up happening or is this just all rumours going around ? 

It's like knowing something great is about to happen but you don't want to get your hopes up too much

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Well we all know where they picked up this story

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Only just catching up with this thread as sadly my work expected me to actually do something today.

Thought it easiest to pick up from one of the latter replies than be out of sync

On a personal note I check this forum multiple times a day from the moment I get up (07:00) to the time I go to bed (23:00), you would be surprised how often there are things raised that ideally need resolving, of course it isn't a flat out 16 hours but some days it can take a number of hours sorting reports from users, and then actually viewing the forum as a supporter myself.

One thing that seems to be confused lately, @Kid in the Riot posting earlier reminded me about this, that we have Admin and mods on here, depending on the role is what access and amendments we can make, some things we can all do, others only certain people can do

I was wondering about this too, surely if he is employed by us he should be working for us?

It's no secret that wheels were in motion last year for someone to come on board with us, I was wondering if Ashton was the link for us and the stories with Ipswich just loosely connected

I would be pretty cheesed off if I was Steve L actively looking for someone to invest in the club and his CEO was doing this for another club at the same time

It's like knowing something great is about to happen but you don't want to get your hopes up too much

It's been on Twitter all day

1 minute ago, phantom said:

The Athletic?

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The Athletic?

I think the story broke in the Athletic a few days after KITR had started the thread on here, back in February.

Also GMG alluded to the fact that MA may be off in the summer last time he was on OSIB.

34 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

For any moderator, I can see why being compared to those at  Gaschat would be the ultimate low blow.

Be like comparing someone who runs a technology company to Dido Harding.  I'd be fuming. 

It could be worse..

You could be 'Henbury Gas' ?

1 hour ago, Down Town said:

If you remember correctly there was a day where there were numerous problems with threads, just imagine if it was a genuine problem 

We all know that members of the club and many employees read this site, it is an open forum after all

Out of interest who are you referring to about running to the club?

Hi Mark. What time are you off? ?

1 hour ago, Down Town said:

To be fair it wasn't much of a guess, it was a tweet that was shared on here

Thank's to posting this you have created a right shit show now !

Just because your source doesn't work at the club anymore it's not a competition to get a story to the top of the page first !!

If you remember correctly there was a day where there were numerous problems with threads, just imagine if it was a genuine problem 

No !

Hilarious that people would even believe that

I've had this happen first hand on one of my own posts, several year's ago.

So, I know for a fact(actually factually) that you are totally wrong here.

11 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

It could be worse..

You could be 'Henbury Gas' ?

"Bill Gates: You work with computers. So does Henbury Gas. You are like him..."

*Gates' face reddens as he storms off muttering something about inventing a global pandemic to teach people a lesson*

4 hours ago, TomF said:

You're now comparing me to the admin on gaschat?  Thanks a ******* bunch.

None of you have any idea of the shit that's gone on the last month about this.  None.

I'm so desperately tired now, I'm even considering telling the MD we'll serve our notice on hosting the forum and simply close it down.  I'm absolutely done with it. 

Just when fans are thinking that nothing could take the edge off the thought of MA leaving!

As others have said, this is probably one of the best, if not the best,  fans forum out there and while I suspect that most take it for granted, at times like this I also suspect that all fans understand and appreciate the massive amount of work that goes on behind the scenes to keep it running for our benefit.

It will be a damn sight easier for the club to replace the CEO than it would be for us to replace our forum.

Keep up the good work Tom - please!

10 hours ago, TomF said:

Thanks all, and apologies for the rant, expletives and so forth. Not aimed at anyone nor the club. Just sometimes it's difficult to hold back when you have had to deal with the situation at hand. Its a number of circumstances a few beyond my control. It's very frustrating and time consuming.

I think I need some time out right now,

Certainly no need to apologise.

Take tomorrow off and pop up to Lords for the day ? (but don't forget to take a flask and thick jumper).

1 hour ago, Med/MadHatter said:

And more people should go purple to help keep the forum going too

Very good point and something,shamefully I don't do as I am hopeless with this kind of payment thing.Can it be done on PayPal as I think my wife knows how that works!

A few important things strike me having read this thread:

1 Speculation about the departure of our CEO is totally legitimate content for a fans forum.

2 Discussion on this forum, re the potential departure of MA, seems to have created a disproportionate amount of noise / reaction, almost more so than the actual departure of recent managers!

3. The excellent work of mods and admin is too typically overlooked. Our forum is world class and depends upon the mods / admin. 

4. We might well be heading towards a key moment / opportunity in the Club’s recent history if our CEO departs.  

4 hours ago, Slacker said:

Very good point and something,shamefully I don't do as I am hopeless with this kind of payment thing.Can it be done on PayPal as I think my wife knows how that works!

Not sure tbh! I think it was just credit card payment that renews annually, some other bright spark might remember if it's Paypal or not, I'm thinking not :laugh:

• Admin

This is the link, but also a reply from Blagdon Red in a previous post

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/subscriptions/

Paying via the 'Subscriptions' option above is the best way to do it, and you should, I believe, be able to do that by credit card without having to have or create a PayPal account. If you pay this way, your upgrade on the forum will happen automatically.

However, you can also pay via this link: https://app.moonclerk.com/pay/if7szxdgmvw

Your upgrade will then be done manually and may take a day or two.

Archived