IGNORED

Ipswich Takeover : Original thread removed

Kid in the Riot

1 hour ago, TomF said:

You're now comparing me to the admin on gaschat?  Thanks a ******* bunch.

None of you have any idea of the shit that's gone on the last month about this.  None.

I'm so desperately tired now, I'm even considering telling the MD we'll serve our notice on hosting the forum and simply close it down.  I'm absolutely done with it. 

Because the Ipswich post?

To be fair Tom, you know you’re loved here.

If the club have been giving you shit, I wish we could know. It’s not on if so.

Can't see what's wrong with simply saying "x asked me to remove a thread, else there may be legal repurcussions" if that's what has happened. Presumably something like that has occurred? 

No need to point to any specifics or elaborate further.

Thanks for all you do Tom. 

Some classic Streisand effect going on as well. Simply by (as I understand it) putting pressure on the forum to remove the thread they've confirmed that the theory is correct. Idiots.

Could this also be why Pearson is yet to have a decision made on his future? And perhaps even why player contracts seem in limbo? Maybe it's Ashton who downed tools way before the players did?

On the forum @TomF, keep up the good work, this place is an important mad corner of the web. I can put you in touch with a few lawyers in Bristol if you're not already being helped.

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Some classic Streisand effect going on as well. Simply by (as I understand it) putting pressure on the forum to remove the thread they've confirmed that the theory is correct. Idiots.

Could this also be why Pearson is yet to have a decision made on his future? And perhaps even why player contracts seem in limbo? Maybe it's Ashton who downed tools way before the players did?

On the forum @TomF, keep up the good work, this place is an important mad corner of the web. I can put you in touch with a few lawyers in Bristol if you're not already being helped.

Sod the lawyers, there are a few up The Lions as of 12th April who can have a quiet word with Mr.Wonga.

1 hour ago, TomF said:

You're now comparing me to the admin on gaschat?  Thanks a ******* bunch.

None of you have any idea of the shit that's gone on the last month about this.  None.

I'm so desperately tired now, I'm even considering telling the MD we'll serve our notice on hosting the forum and simply close it down.  I'm absolutely done with it. 

Christ :laugh:

You must be related to my ex girlfriend ...

Just now, Robbored said:

Who knows whether he’d be interested? City are his club after all. He might jump at the chance.

Scudamore will have many contacts with the football industry and that would be a great asset to have on board.

@Tom F might have some time in his hands and apply himself. Come on Tom, chin up mate. A problem shared is a problem split 20,000 ways on here. 

Has Mark Ashton been running to the headmaster?

I thought this forum was 100% independent from the club anyway?

Mind you I know for a fact one of the admins likes to run to the club on a regular basis. 

1 minute ago, One Team said:

This thread is gold already, got real classic potential this! 

:yawn:

It’s superb :laugh: 

Thanks all, and apologies for the rant, expletives and so forth. Not aimed at anyone nor the club. Just sometimes it's difficult to hold back when you have had to deal with the situation at hand. Its a number of circumstances a few beyond my control. It's very frustrating and time consuming.

I think I need some time out right now,

1 minute ago, TomF said:

Thanks all, and apologies for the rant, expletives and so forth. Not aimed at anyone nor the club. Just sometimes it's difficult to hold back when you have had to deal with the situation at hand. Its a number of circumstances a few beyond my control. It's very frustrating and time consuming.

Can you please confirm or deny that you were told to remove a thread by the club? Isn’t this forum independent? 

1 minute ago, TomF said:

No need to apologise Tom - we all get frustrated at times. Time out is a good plan.

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

Take it steady mate 

40 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Cheers Rob, please write when I'm behind bars.

Was what you said true? Yes. Was it in the public interest? Yes. Did you make it clear you were posting an honest opinion? Yes. 

Take your pick of defamation defences, mate. You can sleep easy in your own bed! 

Just now, ziderheadarmy said:

Can you please confirm or deny that you were told to remove a thread by the club? Isn’t this forum independent? 

I've had no contact with the club, no.  They have a protocol if they want threads removed which is to contact the supporters trust and/or myself and we deal with it appropriately.   They haven't asked for a thread to be removed for well over 5+ years, maybe even back to the GJ days possibly. 

6 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

@Tom F might have some time in his hands and apply himself. Come on Tom, chin up mate. 

Mind you I know for a fact one of the admins likes to run to the club on a regular basis. 

Whoever it is doesn’t need to - all the senior people at AG read otib. They’re quite aware of what we fans think.

8 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

You can be independent and the focus of potential legal action - they aren't mutually exclusive, in fact probably more likely if you are truly independent. If the thread wasn't taken down, who is going to have the deeper pockets when it comes to solicitors & QCs if it got that far...OTIB or clubs owned by billion/millionaires. Bit of a no-brainer, don't want to go picking that hill to die upon, sounds like an expensive hill.

Just now, ziderheadarmy said:

It might be independent but that doesn't mean that the site owners and/or hosting company can just ignore things that have the potential to escalate legally and financially.

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

Don’t worry mate, the pubs are open soon. We can all head to The Winchester till it blows over.

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

I've had no contact with the club, no.  They have a protocol if they want threads removed which is to contact the supporters trust and/or myself and we deal with it appropriately.   They haven't asked for a thread to be removed for well over 5+ years, maybe even back to the GJ days possibly. 

Thanks. Does suggest then that this has legs. Fingers crossed. 

3 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

yes there was a purge that day…I remember it well. All the threads I was reading disappeared.

If you remember correctly there was a day where there were numerous problems with threads, just imagine if it was a genuine problem 

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Oh yes and anyone who doesn't think they read this forum has got it wrong as well. I remember being pulled up by a staff member from a DIFFERENT CLUB about some information a family member of mine put on here once (which was fairly easily identifiable back to me).

We all know that members of the club and many employees read this site, it is an open forum after all

3 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Quite obvious who from the club has been putting pressure on the MODs. The rabbit is out of the hat finally.

Quite obvious @GasDestroyer that you have no idea how this forum works or it run

2 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Out of interest who are you referring to about running to the club?

Archived