IGNORED

Are we coming up to a seismic time for the club?

downendcity

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Can’t argue with that. When you have the club Captain saying stuff like “whichever team is coached better” will win at Derby and then saying “because all we do is defend and never attack in the opposition half” when asked about the recent performances at that time (I’m paraphrasing) then it is obvious that the old Manager was toast at that point. Someone said on here yesterday we would be 21st on 39 points had Holden remained......they aren’t far out imo.

Oh, i would disbelieve that. People are kidding themselves if they think we are doing better without him. This is just as dross. 

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Oh, i would disbelieve that. People are kidding themselves if they think we are doing better without him. This is just as dross. 

I wouldn’t say “better”, playing with words admittedly the performances are not quite as terrible as those at the end of Holden’s reign but still poor, particularly at home, nonetheless. We were barely registering one shot on target per 90 minutes in Holden’s last few games.

Ashton made two huge errors when he put details of the offer to Fam out in the public domain then spoke to Twentyman so candidly on contracts that wouldn’t be offered to the rest and both Holden and now Pearson are paying the price. My argument is that in the long term Pearson will get the ship on course.

6 hours ago, Atticus said:

I would of expected an experienced manager at a higher level to be able to eek out that extra bit from our players. 

That doesnt seem to be the case though.

Sadly, as much as everybody would hate to admit it, hindsight is showing at this stage, maybe sticking with Holden would of been an option that wasnt so worse. Shal I say.

Your constant and relentless  rant against Pearson is hard to understand but to suggest it might have been better to stick with Holden is where for me your credibility has completely gone.  

9 hours ago, Atticus said:

He has been proven elsewhere. But is it under the same circumstance as here? These results imo are alarming. You would expect a new manager to bring in a fresh impetus, a fresh bounce, some new ideas, especially one as experienced as we have.

But we are utter dross. 

Since the early 17th Century man has successfully been able to distinguish between Chemistry and Alchemy so I'm slightly puzzled how  this has passed you by?

Pearson is a Chemist not Alchemist. He can't turn shit to gold, arose the catatonic, resurrect the career deceased. 

Growing up one of my neighbours worked maintaining Bristol's sewers. I learned pretty quickly to stand downwind as when dealing with that type of stuff one can't avoid getting covered in it. Pearson's been called in to unblock City's sewer. Unfortunately for him WeeLee and Ashton combined to leave him one gargantuan fatberg, impregnated with items I care not about which to think. Until he's cleared the blockage he'll stink to high heaven.  Problem is if SL isn't giving him an ocean of detergent and high pressure jet washers it'll be a long, dirty job and I suggest Pearson doesn't need Lansdown's money that badly....

16 hours ago, Superjack said:

Exactly. He basically said so.

I think Bakinson was already on that bus.

For me he's been the biggest disappointment this year.  Purely because of the performances he was putting in before Christmas.  Showed so much but just lately has looked like he's only just been introduced to what a football is.  So much promise and it's just gone down the swanny.  

8 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

For me he's been the biggest disappointment this year.  Purely because of the performances he was putting in before Christmas.  Showed so much but just lately has looked like he's only just been introduced to what a football is.  So much promise and it's just gone down the swanny.  

I think he is someone who has obvious ability but I do question whether he has any sort of desire to match unfortunately. We know where those types of players tend to end up..............about three leagues below where they should have. It's a pet hate of mine to see players with obvious quality and a shit attitude fail. Let's hope it is a temporary blip but what I do know is if NP doesn't think that to be the case and he stays Bakinson will be on his bike.

2 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

That's exactly what he's done throughout his career to date. He got rave reviews early on at both Newport and Plymouth before tailing off completely. It's frustrating to watch because he clearly has ability, but for whatever reason (and it can't be the virus) he cannot sustain it.

Bakinson is like many young players very inconsistent in what is a breakout season for him. A couple of factors in his defence are that he had Covid which can have lasting effects and also when he first came into the team he was surrounded by experienced players who were themselves playing well above recent standards. Towler is another example of a good young player that can be cruelly exposed by both the standard of the opposition and the standard of his teammates at times. Both cases underline Pearson’s doubts about exposing young players in pressure situations especially those in more defensive positions.

14 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Bakinson is like many young players very inconsistent in what is a breakout season for him. A couple of factors in his defence are that he had Covid which can have lasting effects and also when he first came into the team he was surrounded by experienced players who were themselves playing well above recent standards. Towler is another example of a good young player that can be cruelly exposed by both the standard of the opposition and the standard of his teammates at times. Both cases underline Pearson’s doubts about exposing young players in pressure situations especially those in more defensive positions.

It is one of the reason I was cautious in giving Bakinson too much praise....we were winning when he came into the side.  He was out for Hudds, Cardiff and Derby 3-run victory.  His form has not reached those early season levels, at least not consistently anyway.

I hope it’s just the usual 1st season ups and downs, and follows his loan spells....and next season he’ll come good.  But it certainly feels like NP is testing his character.

Archived