IGNORED

Mason Mount - European Cup

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure why a while back so many were saying he was crap. It seemed like it just became a fashionable thing to say on social media. Always thought he looked an absolutely class player.

Some people believe something after hearing it 5 times

7 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He's a quality player like a lot of England players are - only question mark for me with England apart from not having a decent CB is can Southgate get it right? I think the players are good enough to compete now.

I know what you mean. We have so many options, can he get it right?

Mount, Foden, Grealish, Sterling, Kane,   Lingard, DCL, Bellingham... 

Lot of quality there!

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I know what you mean. We have so many options, can he get it right?

Mount, Foden, Grealish, Sterling, Kane,   Lingard, DCL, Bellingham... 

Lot of quality there!

Not to mention Sancho, Rashford, Maddison and Saka. I mean even the likes of Ings, Greenwood and Ward-Prowse are players who would be good for most nations in top 20 but will miss out. It's central defence where we just miss a Ferdinand to make it complete. 

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Not to mention Sancho, Rashford, Maddison and Saka. I mean even the likes of Ings, Greenwood and Ward-Prowse are players who would be good for most nations in top 20 but will miss out. It's central defence where we just miss a Ferdinand to make it complete. 

Yep, defence and part of the midfield needs looking at I think. I really don’t like Phillips, there are much better options.

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Yep, defence and part of the midfield needs looking at I think. I really don’t like Phillips, there are much better options.

Think the defence will be ok, full back we look good, hell if Alexander Arnold gets left out we must be strong there.

Center back i like Stones ok makes a rick here and there but a real player, Maguire is going to start he's got a lot of stick but solid defender and as we know can come up with a goal.

Keeper is a worry both have dificiencies Pope clearly not a footballer.

Midfield? well we have a depth of talent more than i can remember, up front who plays alongside Kane?

I just hope Southgate is brave enough to go for it . Have already booked Monday the 12th July off work. Cum on!!!

2 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Think the defence will be ok, full back we look good, hell if Alexander Arnold gets left out we must be strong there.

Center back i like Stones ok makes a rick here and there but a real player, Maguire is going to start he's got a lot of stick but solid defender and as we know can come up with a goal.

Keeper is a worry both have dificiencies Pope clearly not a footballer.

Midfield? well we have a depth of talent more than i can remember, up front who plays alongside Kane?

I just hope Southgate is brave enough to go for it . Have already booked Monday the 12th July off work. Cum on!!!

Do we play Rice and have just the one CDM? I hope so! 

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Do we play Rice and have just the one CDM? I hope so! 

If it means we have to leave out the likes of Foden,Grealish Maddison to accommodate Phillips then i give up.

It's not like any of those players wouldn't track back,hold their position or make a tackle.

Mount is world class.

Surely everyone would like to see

Henderson

Trent. Stones. Maguire. Shaw

Mount. Henderson Foden

Sterling.  Kane.  Grealish

Its definitely attacking but Mount and Foden defensive work is underrated.  They don’t have to be out and out attacking midfielders.

How refreshing would it be to just try this and see what happens in the warm ups?!

30 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Mount is world class.

Henderson

Mount. Henderson Foden

Its definitely attacking but Mount and Foden defensive work is underrated.  They don’t have to be out and out attacking midfielders.

How refreshing would it be to just try this and see what happens in the warm ups?!

Sancho > Sterling for me but it will never happen.

Genuinely think Sancho is forgotten about a bit as he plays in Germany but trust me that lad is going right to the very top, as is Bellingham.

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Mount is world class.

Henderson

Mount. Henderson Foden

Nope. Nope. Nope. That team would never keep possession. Rice and another, Henderson or Bellingham, alongside Mount in midfield. Foden, if used, needs to be in the forward line, as he has been at Man City this season. 

6 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He's a quality player like a lot of England players are - only question mark for me with England apart from not having a decent CB is can Southgate get it right? I think the players are good enough to compete now.

The big difference is the quality of players they play with for their club sides. When they have to do it for England without this ‘extra’ quality they struggle. 

6 hours ago, 2015 said:

Sancho > Sterling for me but it will never happen.

Genuinely think Sancho is forgotten about a bit as he plays in Germany but trust me that lad is going right to the very top, as is Bellingham.

What has happened to Sancho? He literally seems to have been forgotten which is absolutely mental IMO. 

6 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Mount is world class.

Henderson

Mount. Henderson Foden

Rice in for Henderson for me.

The defence is a worry but for me it's the goalkeeper situation that's most concerning. You won't win anything without a world class keeper and the standard we're producing way below par.

It's a shame really because prior historically we've always produced world class goalkeepers up until the last decade or so

7 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Mount is world class.

Henderson

Mount. Henderson Foden

That’s a very exciting team and I’d like to see it. I think Southgate would probably go for Rice over Grealish with Foden playing wide though.

4 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

The big difference is the quality of players they play with for their club sides. When they have to do it for England without this ‘extra’ quality they struggle. 

Really don’t agree with this. You don’t play for top clubs being worse than players around you. We have the quality all around the England side now - except central defence.

12 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure why a while back so many were saying he was crap. It seemed like it just became a fashionable thing to say on social media. Always thought he looked an absolutely class player.

Southgate made the point last week that when he and Lampard had previously said he was a good player, people mocked them, whereas now Tuchel is saying it everyone agrees with him.

5 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Presumably that's the same reason for German and French players struggling when they fail to beat sides like North Macedonia/Romania etc.?

Or, in their case, is it even worse in terms of they all have crap attitudes meaning that they just can't be arsed to turn up and play against mediocre sides?

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Southgate made the point last week that when he and Lampard had previously said he was a good player, people mocked them, whereas now Tuchel is saying it everyone agrees with him.

Tuchel is not English........therefore his opinion holds weight apparently. We have some really weird people in this country who seem to detest anything English.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Tuchel is not English........therefore his opinion holds weight apparently. We have some really weird people in this country who seem to detest anything English.

To be fair Tuchel has won things. Southgate and Lampard haven't.

Just now, Selred said:

To be fair Tuchel has won things. Southgate and Lampard haven't.

Yes he's won things alright.......and still has days when Big Sam can turn up and obliterate him 5-2. No reason to totally dismiss the opinion of Southgate and Lampard on Mount in my opinion. A strange world where two former international players (one of whom has Premier League medals to his name and Champions League final appearances) are not entitled to call out a player as being a top player because they haven't won anything as a Manager. On that basis only Tuchel, Klopp and Pep deserve to have an opinion on anything?

10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Presumably that's the same reason for German and French players struggling when they fail to beat sides like North Macedonia/Romania etc.?

Or, in their case, is it even worse in terms of they all have crap attitudes meaning that they just can't be arsed to turn up and play against mediocre sides?

I think the proof is over the last 30 years. Ever since top foreign players came over here. We think our players are top drawer when they do it for their clubs.

But it’s shown time and time again, that at International football when they haven’t got these top foreign players supplying them, they come up short. 

Just now, Portland Bill said:

I think the proof is over the last 30 years. Ever since top foreign players came over here. We think our players are top drawer when they do it for their clubs.

But it’s shown time and time again, that at International football when they haven’t got these top foreign players supplying them, they come up short. 

I agree with your point in the case of Sterling where he ghosts past players for both England/Man City but at Man City he has a choice of FOUR players to cross to and only TWO for England meaning a bit more difficulty and therefore higher quality of delivery is required when he is playing for England.......and he comes up well short. Foden on the other hand is just a quality player whether he's playing with foreigners or English players.............I would be willing to bet that there isn't one single top club in Europe that would refuse to take Phil Foden if they could get their hands on him. Same with Harry Kane.

Archived