IGNORED

Walsh - Will We See Him In A City Shirt Again?

Selred

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Let him clear his locker out now

No way can a player who is so injury prone be even thought of as being kept on

I would normally agree but the fact that he was fine injury wise at Coventry and how our injuries have been this year I wouldn't write him off on that. For me if Pearson thinks he is good enough then offer him a new deal and sort our fitness/medical team out in the summer 

If we offered him a deal it would have to be short term such as one year with an option triggered if he is FIT AND AVAILABLE for X number of games. We will not take risks beyond that I don't think and I'm sure he will think he can get better security elsewhere.

We certainly won't miss him.......because he's never given us anything to miss unfortunately. Shame but they don't all work out.

I am seriously worried that “we” have permanently damaged some players to the point they may no longer be able to return to a playing career of any note.

If we can’t protect Walsh, O’Dowda, Williams etc from recurring injuries when we should be taking their rehab as gently as possible, I fear we may have damaged them for the rest of their career.

Lawsuits?

38 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If we offered him a deal it would have to be short term such as one year with an option triggered if he is FIT AND AVAILABLE for X number of games. We will not take risks beyond that I don't think and I'm sure he will think he can get better security elsewhere.

We certainly won't miss him.......because he's never given us anything to miss unfortunately. Shame but they don't all work out.

Yeah and I don't see him agreeing to that, he could probably go elsewhere and get a longer term one. As you say we wont miss him, but we could end up regretting this decision a bit like we did with Bolasie. 

Like most of the squad, appears to be made out of digestive biscuits, but with our medical team its hard to know if this is down to the player or the environment he's recovering in.

Wish we had a year extension option to see what a full season with Pearson would add to his game, but don't think he's done enough to earn an improved contract with us. May well be one we live to regret, but it's probably best for him to move on. If he'd been given games when he first arrived I think his city career would've panned out differently, yet another one who seemed to be some player when he first arrived and was then never seen again.

5 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Yeah and I don't see him agreeing to that, he could probably go elsewhere and get a longer term one. As you say we wont miss him, but we could end up regretting this decision a bit like we did with Bolasie. 

No regrets over Yannick. We got a stonking sell-on fee for him when he moved to Everton for £25m. No way would he have become that good staying in BS3! 

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

No regrets over Yannick. We got a stonking sell-on fee for him when he moved to Everton for £25m. No way would he have become that good staying in BS3! 

Haha yeah that’s true. We made a mistake in playing Woolford over him though! 

I would extend his contract tomorrow for a season . He possesses the skill set that should have seen him playing for the team last season. In one game this season he demonstrated how limited the players City have are. The lad can play pass it, want it in a squad with too many who do not. 

Just now, Cowshed said:

I would extend his contract tomorrow for a season . He possesses the skill set that should have seen him playing for the team last season. In one game this season he demonstrated how limited the players City have are. The lad can play pass it, want it in a squad with too many who do not. 

I wouldn’t disagree but if another club offers him two years he probably won’t hang around?

Just now, Numero Uno said:

I wouldn’t disagree but if another club offers him two years he probably won’t hang around?

I don't know. Its that hypothetical.

Sensible consideration is A. The player is skilled. B. Do the club require the skill (key?) the player obviously possesses. C. The injury prognosis and its outlook. 

My answer is minus C give him another  year (or more) if he fits B. 

25 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Didn't he have a spell though (only about 5 or 6 games) where he was absolute flames!? 

Yep, the start of one season.

"He used to be shite, but now he's alright, walking in a Woolford wonderland !"

(awful song to start with, made worse with these "lyrics").

If the frustration of recurring injury, or one injury leading to another, whilst under City's care is the paramount consideration for giving up on Walsh, presumably similar applies to O'Dowda, Baker, Williams, Paterson and Dasilva, and we must look to offload all of them asap too?

Presuming there is nothing more to his ongoing injury problems than very bad luck, or unsatisfactory medical attention - or both - and he should recover fully then I'd hope we'd offer a contract to persevere with him.

I've no doubt he is a talented enough player to have a successful career in the Championship and he's one of the very last of our current quad I would wish to see leave in terms of ability and attitude.

Paterson also needs surgery again so out for the season too. So that’s...

Walsh

Paterson

Weimann

Mawson

Martin

Sessegnon

Williams

O’Dowda

Adelukan

Dasilva

Pring

Janneh

Rowe

All suffering severe or season ending injuries. And some people still think it’s conspiracy/moaning for moaning sake at the medical team? Get rid of the lot. Or at least, get rid of whoever is setting the regime standard & sessions for the rest to follow. 

I think he’s a good footballer, and as Cowshed pointed out, he showed in 1 game what we’ve missed in midfield all season. 
However, whilst I think he’s a good player, I just don’t get positives vibes on this one. 
I wonder if both parties are willing to move on and chalk this one up as ‘didn’t work out for whatever reason’. 
I’m 80/20 in the ‘let’s move on’ camp. However the 20% doubt increases to a 100% doubt if we have a certain flannel-man recruiting his replacement. 

Archived