IGNORED

Sam Bell - Contract Extension 2024

Lrrr

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Great news. Wonder if a loan for him next season and at what level.

Maybe but I do think we use age as an excuse to loan players out. He seems to be trusted in this squad and depth may be more of an issue next season. I’d like to try and integrate him and if he needs minutes come January, then look at a loan.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I've got a good feeling about him. Obviously I've only seen very limited evidence of his ability though. Same for Britton. Think both are good prospects. 

Belly, Benarous and Alex Scott are the top 3 next to break through (properly) for me. The latter two even more so

This is where I now start feeling old, because I wasn't much older than him when I was watching his dad in his prime!! :ermm:

Well done Sam, one of the few good things to come out of this season is seeing players like that promoted to the first team squad. Yes, we have kind of been forced into playing some of the youngsters, but he is one that probably would have been pushing soon anyway.

If you're good enough, you're old enough. Yes he may well get a loan before hitting regular first team games, but he is one of the bigger prospects out of the current bunch.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Sam Bell is one of four unique players to play for City in my lifetime.

The others are Brian Clark, David Rodgers and Gary Williams. Why?

Their fathers also played league football for Bristol City.

If I have forgotten any others, someone please let me know. 

Liam Rosenior?

8 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Sam Bell is one of four unique players to play for City in my lifetime.

The others are Brian Clark, David Rodgers and Gary Williams. Why?

Their fathers also played league football for Bristol City.

If I have forgotten any others, someone please let me know. 

Joe/Andy Jordan

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Liam Rosenior and Andy Jordan - Yes

Mark Cooper - No as while he was registered as a player, he didn't make the first team.

Gary Owners son is a future possible. Isn't Jamie McAllister's son in the Academy?

Not sure how old Jamie Mac’s son is, but Josh Owers is definitely featuring a lot for the U23s of late.

Gary said that he is a better footballer than he was, which considering his career (FA Cup final, long career at Championship level) might of course just be a good Dad saying nice things about his own son, but if he has his father’s determination & work ethic then he has every chance.

Archived