IGNORED

Swansea and Birmingham

BCFC1512

18 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Have announce they will boycott social media for 7 days.

we will follow suite I wonder.

tbh for anyone at theses company’s to take any notice will need the big boys to do it.

Regrettably I don't think it will make any difference whatsoever, even if the big boys joined in. 

As soon as those who boycott return, it will start over again. 

36 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Have announce they will boycott social media for 7 days.

we will follow suite I wonder.

tbh for anyone at theses company’s to take any notice will need the big boys to do it.

For what purpose? I mean I can probably guess, but would be useful if the title or post actually said?!

3 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes but what is the boycott over 

Racism towards players in their squad (well Swanseas anyway not sure about Birmingham). Was something on Sky Sports News earlier that I caught in between different parts of an interview I had on Zoom!

The boycott needs to be permanent and it needs to be across all clubs and high profile celebrities. The gesture is honourable but in reality with the greatest respect a week off social media by Swansea will not change what’s happening. 
It needs government intervention with requirement for strict rules on being able to open an account and strong punishment for those who post these messages 

• Admin

I'd like our social media team to vanish permanently. 

On a serious note, obviously it's making a statement but will it make any difference? 

The brain dead types posting this rubbish are still going to be out there.

The other shame it's such a minute number causing the problems that millions of others are also being punished. 

It needs social media companies to do more to track people 

30 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'd like our social media team to vanish permanently. 

On a serious note, obviously it's making a statement but will it make any difference? 

The brain dead types posting this rubbish are still going to be out there.

The other shame it's such a minute number causing the problems that millions of others are also being punished. 

It needs social media companies to do more to track people 

Agreed. Another problem with them is there is no common sense with certain things. 

Example. 

A well known social media platform will ban pictures (if reported) because people find them offensive. Someone I know had something removed and was banned for a while, when there was absolutely nothing wrong with the picture in question (really - I saw it on a private message from them on another platform, and there was nothing offensive about it at all.

If however I choose to report something like someone being beheaded, the response I get is that it "doesn't go against the rules" or some crap like that. Same goes for "people" adding me whilst trying to sell me "services". The user that was reported, is breaking no rules.

These companies are quick to build upon their services and improve the user interaction, whilst not caring one bit about what people are posting, or banning people for stupid reasons.

11 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Won’t make a slight bit of difference

only way to stop most of the abuse is to make social media accounts easier to trace 

Couldn't agree more WR. The amount of scum, weirdos, trolls, loons & wanchors out there is unreal.

Archived