IGNORED

Sam Pearson

Davefevs

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

What an annoyingly flowery article.

The author obviously rates his own OTT phraseology but he's trying too hard to look clever afaic.

Not Sam's fault, he seems an exciting young player with a great attitude and loads of potential, and I hope he fulfils it at AG.

Can't help but think though there are many similarities, in background, youth honours, potential, and style of play, to Wes Burns - who I personally (over?) rated at City but his limit appears to be L1.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The author obviously rates his own OTT phraseology but he's trying too hard to look clever afaic.

Not Sam's fault, he seems an exciting young player with a great attitude and loads of potential, and I hope he fulfils it at AG.

Can't help but think though there are many similarities, in background, youth honours, potential, and style of play, to Wes Burns - who I personally (over?) rated at City but his limit appears to be L1.

I thought Wes had more chance of succeeding at this level as a striker rather than wide man.

24 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I have been interested in NP comments on the young players, He has said for a few of them they have everything to have a big career. The lad did well, monster step up in level, but great experience. He will learn. I really hope 3/4 of these lads are in the first team squad of 22/24 players next year. I know many say loan them out, but working with the first team day in day out is also a good education (Kelly). Sam looks quite strong already for example, will only get better over next couple fo years. I like the hunger of the younger players too. 

There is also a danger you can demotivate them by sending them on loan having tasted Champ football.  This is where NP and BT need to earn their corn and decide the right path for them.

It is nice to hear NP talk so positively about them too.  Easy to play down with comments like “still got a lot to learn”, etc.

49 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

Hope these young players get their chance.  One of the joys of going to games is watching young players come through the ranks. Well done Sam. 

I agree, nothing better than seeing an Academy player playing for City, I think it gives the crowd a boost. Always nice to say things like “I was there when x made their debut”, etc.

@billywedlockyou are right, he doesn’t waste words.  He can see the promise in these lads.

On 09/04/2021 at 12:26, Nogbad the Bad said:

Agree, I learned absolutely nothing after reading it.

Liked Sam Pearson yesterday, got on the ball, bit of strength & obviously a team player.

Very promising first start.

Interesting that Holden had Owura Edwards into his plans whereas NP has gone for this lad.

Archived