IGNORED

HRH Duke of Edinburgh

Abraham Romanovich

he was a good old sort and I liked his no nonsense approach to life (maybe someone similar to our Nige...) but completely agreed about the incoming bombardment on the BBC etc...... I think I will stick to Netflix and Robins TV for a few weeks, we will be drowning in it. all preplanned and as a prelude to her maj going, which cannot be far away....

46 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

he was a good old sort and I liked his no nonsense approach to life (maybe someone similar to our Nige...) but completely agreed about the incoming bombardment on the BBC etc...... I think I will stick to Netflix and Robins TV for a few weeks, we will be drowning in it. all preplanned and as a prelude to her maj going, which cannot be far away....

It is a legal requirement to postpone scheduled broadcasting when a Royal dies. 

We had a special 24 hour VHS tape, recorded with suitable music, during my time as a radio broadcaster back in the 90s. The only time it got played was when Princess Diana died.

6 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

We had a special 24 hour VHS tape, recorded with suitable music, during my time as a radio broadcaster back in the 90s. The only time it got played was when Princess Diana died.

What, ALL of Radiohead's albums ?

:laugh:

6 hours ago, brady bunch said:

At least Covid ain't been mentioned, once !

7 hours ago, brady bunch said:

Phil the Greek was a blokes bloke. No nonsense. Said it as it was probably all down to his early life in the navy.

99 is a bloody good innings.

6 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Correct, but worth adding this only applies to BBC1, BBC2, ITV1 and Ch5

7 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

That sounds like a hangover from the says when there were only a couple of channels. It's unnecessary now, those who are interested having stuff on one channel about Phil the Greek I can just about understand, but why have the BBC put the same programmes on 1 and 2 and SUSPENDED BBC4? That's Chinese level of brainwashing in my mind.

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

That sounds like a hangover from the says when there were only a couple of channels. It's unnecessary now, those who are interested having stuff on one channel about Phil the Greek I can just about understand, but why have the BBC put the same programmes on 1 and 2 and SUSPENDED BBC4? That's Chinese level of brainwashing in my mind.

I can only imagine it`s to prevent the permanently offended about something types complaining about a lack of respect or some such crap. There are those that would go out of their way to pick apart what was being broadcast and get all shouty about it when they found something that they considered disrespectful in some vague way. 

Remember 9/11 and the famous list of banned records that the BBC were not allowed to play in the aftermath? Anything that mentioned planes, bombs, wars, New York and a myriad of other things were a no-no.

Archived