IGNORED

INTERVIEW | 'Pride and futures to play for' - Pearson

Unan

It’s now down to the players.

You can not  coast in matches at this level, particularly against sides , like Coventry, who have something to fight for.

They need to show that they care about their careers and, more importantly, all the people who give so much to the club and can only dream of pulling on the red jersey. 

They must forget all the noise surrounding them and concentrate on bringing the pride and belief back.

Good interview & as usual he says the right thing.

Completely appreciate the view that results have been poor but we do need to crack on & make the decision on his future.

To me the question is not whether we have improved under him (whatever reasons are given that is doubtful) but the consequences of looking elsewhere with no guarantee of finding success there, either.

Talk of Wilder is just fantasy stuff, like several others (including Howe) that we sounded out when we sacked Holden, he simply won’t be interested.

Pearson obviously wants the job, he now has had 6 weeks to look at the task at hand & so giving it to someone else which would presumably take the rest of the season, would simply mean that period was completely wasted & that with all the uncertainty elsewhere, we went into the new one with no continuity at all.

There is so much to do, both regarding the playing squad, coaching team, medical team, fitness & conditioning, plus recruitment, so this needs sorting now.

The more I hear Nige in interviews the more I think he’s the man for the job. His experience as a player and a manager comes through really well. He’s seen the problems City have pretty quickly after he arrived and has highlighted what needs to improve but has said how difficult that is given the available resources.

Having been there and done it in the Championship is other factor that really matters and it would be a great shame imv if he and SL can’t come to an agreement on a longer contract.

That said I think that it was SL who turned to NP after Deano was sacked and that suggests that SL rated him beforehand and hopefully they’ll meet when possible and sort out a longer contract.

My slight concern with NP is whether the straight talking will work with millionaire players in a cushy environment. No doubt it sounds spot on to us as fans. However it might not motivate the squad. 

His past success has partly been down to recruiting very good players on the cheap. It isn't clear though how much of that was down to him. 

There is a chance it could go the way it did at Derby if NP puts too much pressure on the players and club. Having said that, I still think he is the best choice realistically available. 

17 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

My slight concern with NP is whether the straight talking will work with millionaire players in a cushy environment. No doubt it sounds spot on to us as fans. However it might not motivate the squad. 

His past success has partly been down to recruiting very good players on the cheap. It isn't clear though how much of that was down to him. 

There is a chance it could go the way it did at Derby if NP puts too much pressure on the players and club. Having said that, I still think he is the best choice realistically available. 

Get rid of the million pound footballers and bring in young and hungry players.  I know that sounds simple, but we pay decent wages for average players.

Another honest appraisal. Says it how it is, no bull shit. He sees/feels what we have all felt for the last 2 years. Become a big fan of NP. SL needs to sort the role ASAP. There will be a big clear out in the summer I feel. And he has made it clear that players need to step up. Nice to see a guy deliver a professional interview and will command respect from most on here.

But to turn the team/back room staff around at City is gonna take time. I am happy to give him time.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Get rid of the million pound footballers and bring in young and hungry players.  I know that sounds simple, but we pay decent wages for average players.

Back to the question of whether the recruitment will be as good without the team he had at Leicester. Maybe he gets Walsh back in with him. Signing Simpson wasn't exactly original but obviously he had severely limited options. 

36 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I’m pretty sure Nige will have a media persona and then one for man management, and the players will know that as well, sometimes you have to say things for the cameras

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

yours was probably a more polite response than mine…tell em to **** off!

Archived