Match day thread Home v Forest 3pm

Saturday has arrived again and we seem to be in the same position as last week still needing 3 points to guarantee survival.

Thankfully Rotherham got done last week so gap is still 14 even with games in hand can't see them catching us.

Lasts weeks performance was the worst since Nige has taken over and his post match interview certainly made it clear that some players time here will be ending if he is appointed.

There's going to be a lot of unemployed footballers at the end of the season.

Today sees Mr Hughton at Ashton Gate with the tricky trees next to us in the table.

Don't expect we will ever know the true story of his application interview process. He has done a decent job at Forest after a slow start and like us are almost safe.

It's human nature that when your turned down your going to want to prove a point. I would be amazed if we didn't see a fired up Forest side this afternoon.

Bearing this in mind and our woeful recent performance I would be ecstatic if we get a point and no more injuries.

I'm not watching this afternoon as the side I manage are playing in a lockdown league game at UWE 1pm kick off .

I'm hoping for a 6 point Saturday but think my side may be the only winners today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the level of performance and commitment will be under scrutiny today.

We've put in a performance away from home several times this season but when was the last time we played at Ashton Gate in a manner that even if we lost you could say we played well and didn't win through bad luck or that the other side were simply better than us.

I feel I have put a little bit back supporting via Robins TV  through the season but will be radio Brizzle today as decorating project will take priority.

Until the new season starts and the NP sorted out,  one way or another , the last few games all a bit nothing apart from  the noise. 

I really want NP to be appointed, none of this ‘we go again’ and for that reason really want some points.

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

I think the level of performance and commitment will be under scrutiny today.

We've put in a performance away from home several times this season but when was the last time we played at Ashton Gate in a manner that even if we lost you could say we played well and didn't win through bad luck or that the other side were simply better than us.

Bournemouth - unlucky to lose late on, and I think had we gone in at h-t 1-0 up rather than 1-1 (Bents error), we might be seeing a different run.  Ifs, buts and maybes.

See / hear you on the pod later.

Tough game ahead though.  Forest have improved.

Here’s my team:

Bentley

Simpson / Mariappa / Kalas (c) / Sessegnon

Vyner / Lansbury 

Semenyo / Massengo / Palmer

Wells

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bournemouth - unlucky to lose late on, and I think had we gone in at h-t 1-0 up rather than 1-1 (Bents error), we might be seeing a different run.  Ifs, buts and maybes.

See / hear you on the pod later.

Tough game ahead though.  Forest have improved.

Here’s my team:

Bentley

Simpson / Mariappa / Kalas (c) / Sessegnon

Vyner / Lansbury 

Semenyo / Massengo / Palmer

Wells

Same as my pick and I think we are both going to be not too far wrong with this..

Old habits die hard, despite our woeful performances and atrocious home form, I still get the we have a game today buzz (ok perhaps more of a tingle tbh)

Hoping for improved performances, some greater evidence of commitment and a home victory. Most of all looking for some certainty re NPs long-term appointment. 

Predict 1-1 with NW scoring in the first half and Florist equalizing in the last ten minutes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Can’t see past another defeat unfortunately. Another shrug of the shoulders at full time can’t wait for the season to end 

It has come to that hasn't it, imagine if we had had to sit through the last 7 home games, small mercies eh. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the current circumstances, I'd be happy with a draw.

But I think Forest will hammer us if we continue with the recent performances, they're off the back of two good wins and confidence must be high.

Once again, predictably, the away team at AG are favourites at around 6/5 with City around 12/5 - about right.

Its feasible that after today we could be just 7 points off relegation with some below us having a game in hand - I still think we will be ok, but it could be close if the poor results continue.

37 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Old habits die hard, despite our woeful performances and atrocious home form, I still get the we have a game today buzz (ok perhaps more of a tingle tbh)

Hoping for improved performances, some greater evidence of commitment and a home victory. Most of all looking for some certainty re NPs long-term appointment. 

Predict 1-1 with NW scoring in the first half and Florist equalizing in the last ten minutes. 

You should consult a doctor about your problem @Jerseybean

• Like 1

I’m not sure if I can bear watching today, it has been that bad. I can’t see anything other than another defeat. We’ll have to play drastically better to stand any chance of even getting a point. 

I’d take a draw right now. 

43 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Me too, I always go into a game with optimism so happy to pay to watch..

• Like 1

Expecting a loss, as we have a squad of wasters and charlatans.

Anything other than that is a huge bonus.

As for lineups, don't think we'll see huge changes as we don't have the personel to cover, therefore we'll see more of a can't be arsed attitude from some.

Hopefully Fam is nowhere near the team (bench at best as a number) as he's already left and doesn't want to hurt himself. Was Middlesbrough actually his last decent game? Can't remember as I switched off where he's concerned a while ago.

• Like 2