IGNORED

15 goals

woodsy62

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Palmer and Wells poor today imo. They have to do better.

Next season I think there will be big changes and then we will see if we can score goals. Some of the players back from injury and a bit of strengthening in the transfer market, things will be very different imo.

I believe Pearson will have a good idea of what we need to do. Can't wait for the summer, seeing it hopefully all start to happen. A plan being put together for next season.

Yes agree wells very poor after saying weve got to do more in the press conferences .

1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Whereas I agree Wells and Fammy performances have not shown enough this season. I do feel a lot of this comes down to lack of supply of the ball.

Wells has been played out of position and Famaral has been asked to play a game which is not suited to his style.

The failure is not entirely down to the team or individual players.

2 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Whereas I agree Wells and Fammy performances have not shown enough this season. I do feel a lot of this comes down to lack of supply of the ball.

Yeh its all gone tits up since we dispensed of playing without any wingers with Dasilva crocked we havent got any attacking full backs the midfield is in the treatment room all the time no crosses whatsoever coming in the box thats the reasin its become turgid to watch .

Yesterday was a free pass for me, on a horrendous run of home form, several gutless displays, we needed to be much harder to break down & whilst we weren’t even great at that, it was better.

To me like with so many things we are at a crossroads, some maintain our injured players would provide what we are after here (some on here still genuinely believe our midfield contains “a lot of quality”..).

Whereas others are of the opinion we need a root & branch clear out.

It is the case that the likes of Martin, Nagy, O’Dowda & Williams are all under contract for next season, so even if you don’t rate these players in a challenging market making decisions to move on those who are under contract will be really tough.

As usual I fall somewhere in the middle, we do need a significant amount of change but thinking we will get this completely right & sort it in one transfer window is super optimistic.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yesterday was a free pass for me, on a horrendous run of home form, several gutless displays, we needed to be much harder to break down & whilst we weren’t even great at that, it was better.

To me like with so many things we are at a crossroads, some maintain our injured players would provide what we are after here (some on here still genuinely believe our midfield contains “a lot of quality”..).

Whereas others are of the opinion we need a root & branch clear out.

It is the case that the likes of Martin, Nagy, O’Dowda & Williams are all under contract for next season, so even if you don’t rate these players in a challenging market making decisions to move on those who are under contract will be really tough.

As usual I fall somewhere in the middle, we do need a significant amount of change but thinking we will get this completely right & sort it in one transfer window is super optimistic.

I really feel the change will come from the the younger players being brought into the tram more and potentially younger 

On 11/04/2021 at 10:20, The Journalist said:

Since the start of last season Sheffield Wednesday are the only Championship side to have scored fewer goals at home than us (obviously only counting teams who’ve spent both seasons in our league).

Because I love a stat, I also quite like this...

We scored as many goals in our last meeting with Walsall as we have done in our past 15 home games combined.

Not at all a shock - 15 for a team with a 9 that can’t control the ball, Wells experienced but not up to the job and Antoine with the heart of a lion, but still wet behind the ears! Until recently a mainly powderpuff midfield, some hope emerged after Saturday saw the first real team effort for a long time!

i don’t think it’s fully down to injuries, recruitment has been shite the last couple of years other than the odd diamond we have ended up with players other teams were glad to move on! Mid table is a compliment at the moment.

Hope Nigel gets the backing to build his team after a fire sale at season end.

On 10/04/2021 at 18:57, JonDolman said:

Palmer and Wells poor today imo. They have to do better.

Next season I think there will be big changes and then we will see if we can score goals. Some of the players back from injury and a bit of strengthening in the transfer market, things will be very different imo.

I believe Pearson will have a good idea of what we need to do. Can't wait for the summer, seeing it hopefully all start to happen. A plan being put together for next season.

Interesting why the same players were scoring for fun at the start of the season

Archived