IGNORED

Artificial crowd noise...

spudski

...I got told on here that it was only on the stream.

Apparently NP asked for it to be turned off first half as it was getting on his nerves and he wanted to hear the players.

Perhaps that's why we've played so badly at home... listening to that awful drone sends em to sleep.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

...I got told on here that it was only on the stream.

Apparently NP asked for it to be turned off first half as it was getting on his nerves and he wanted to hear the players.

Perhaps that's why we've played so badly at home... listening to that awful drone sends em to sleep.

True, it is played inside the ground, a truly horrendous decision presumably initiated by the EFL and or SKY.

A complete and utter waste of time.

4 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

True, it is played inside the ground, a truly horrendous decision presumably initiated by the EFL and or SKY.

Jeez...I was told on here it was just on the broadcast. How the hell can you play properly with that crap repeating in your Lugol's all game. Would distract and drive me nuts trying to concentrate playing in that. 

I trust City will get fined for unruly crowd chants and lack of respect during the 2 minute silence for Prince Philip, as the fan noise sounded so genuine as if people are really at AG! 

The fans did eventually shut up half way through the allotted 2 minutes.... and for the whole match after kick off! 

The cynical ones on here would suggest someone forgot to fade out the fan noise prior and then forgot to fade back in afterwards!

Those Pearson out chants were well off i thought.

Seem to remember the players saying they wanted/like it earlier in the season.

Personally i've quite enjoyed hearing instructions being called out from the coaching staff this season.

Great excuse from NP for (yet another) tame display under his coaching. However well Kalas played in defence and Massengo plays in midfield, i dont imagine anyone could imagine, with Wells up front, that we even looked like scoring in open play, today. It is woefully tame, lame, unexciting football we have watched at home this season - the worst in decades and way way below the 24 odd home games we have seen under all previous managers. Crowd noise, crowd noise - well NP certainly is creative with his excuses!

What next? an amble towards the season-end and most of us watching the league below us to see if two divisions can separate the two Bristol teams. Also an eye on what is really happening at BS3 where i suspect every one of us feels there is more we dont know than any of us have felt in our entire time watching the City; Due to this uncertainty it is normal to expect false news, rumours etc but frankly this is just disguising the reality that in the last season and a half the football we've been served up has been awful, as it has for most other clubs. It is not just Holden, Pearson who should be explaining themselves, it is the who falseness of watching every game on a screen rather than in the grounds.

May the Vax programme continue so brilliantly and give us a chance of getting back into home and away grounds from August. Most ST holders I've spoken to do not believe we will have as many next season as fans will want to see what the club looks like, from owner, CEO, manager, squad and the chances of getting a full season played - we all know the next variant may be lurking across in EU land.

COYRs

17 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Great excuse from NP for (yet another) tame display under his coaching. However well Kalas played in defence and Massengo plays in midfield, i dont imagine anyone could imagine, with Wells up front, that we even looked like scoring in open play, today. It is woefully tame, lame, unexciting football we have watched at home this season - the worst in decades and way way below the 24 odd home games we have seen under all previous managers. Crowd noise, crowd noise - well NP certainly is creative with his excuses!

What next? an amble towards the season-end and most of us watching the league below us to see if two divisions can separate the two Bristol teams. Also an eye on what is really happening at BS3 where i suspect every one of us feels there is more we dont know than any of us have felt in our entire time watching the City; Due to this uncertainty it is normal to expect false news, rumours etc but frankly this is just disguising the reality that in the last season and a half the football we've been served up has been awful, as it has for most other clubs. It is not just Holden, Pearson who should be explaining themselves, it is the who falseness of watching every game on a screen rather than in the grounds.

May the Vax programme continue so brilliantly and give us a chance of getting back into home and away grounds from August. Most ST holders I've spoken to do not believe we will have as many next season as fans will want to see what the club looks like, from owner, CEO, manager, squad and the chances of getting a full season played - we all know the next variant may be lurking across in EU land.

COYRs

There's already been talk that they are ' predicting' a third wave in September. How the hell do you predict something so precisely?

They did the same with the prediction of January past though. 

If you can't plan for holidays etc...what's the point in planning to buy a season ticket next season. Waste of money.

11 hours ago, billywedlock said:

I thought it was only on the feed. It's bad enough then. Must be terrible in an empty ground. 

I did find it strange that in certain away games there seemed to be our chants and positive reaction sounds to our bits of good play . 

Was this the opposition ground management ? 

• Admin
15 hours ago, Countryfile said:

That's strange because some games on TV you can select not to have the artificial noise so can't be played at all grounds 

8 hours ago, phantom said:

That's strange because some games on TV you can select not to have the artificial noise so can't be played at all grounds 

A quick google reveals

While Premier League games are played in the eerie quiet of the near-empty stadiums with crowd noise added in by broadcasters – and provided by FIFA video game manufacturers EA – Championship clubs were given the option to pump crowd noise into their stadiums.

23 hours ago, Gazred said:

Those Pearson out chants were well off i thought.

Seem to remember the players saying they wanted/like it earlier in the season.

Personally i've quite enjoyed hearing instructions being called out from the coaching staff this season.

Agreed.

Tell you what though, I'm a big lad and rarely shocked, but in those seasons when I sat with my dad pitchside in the disabled section, the sweariness of English football surprised even a potty-mouth like me. 

It was like Father Jack (from Father Ted) on steroids!

On 10/04/2021 at 21:05, Hampshire Red said:

Oh, dear...what a load of crap

On 10/04/2021 at 18:51, spudski said:

Jeez...I was told on here it was just on the broadcast. How the hell can you play properly with that crap repeating in your Lugol's all game. Would distract and drive me nuts trying to concentrate playing in that. 

Watching live football on Sky there’s a choice of whether you want crowd noise or not simply by changing channels - that’s why I assumed the crowd noise was via the broadcast.

Archived