IGNORED

Hollowhead

pongo88

I think this deserves a separate thread to the usual Rovers one as it deals with Ian Holloway’s reputation in the big wide world. There’s a wonderful article by Rod Liddle (never one to mice his words) in today’s Sunday Times about him. Unfortunately I can’t find a link to the article so just a couple of pics of the first few paragraphs. He goes on to say that Holloway managed his club, Millwall, and was regarded as the worst manager in their history 

1F00A70A-5421-4D45-A0F4-E71690C9D9F8.jpeg

095CB6B7-B111-485F-ABFC-24D1B1E6CB61.jpeg

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I think this deserves a separate thread to the usual Rovers one as it deals with Ian Holloway’s reputation in the big wide world. There’s a wonderful article by Rod Liddle (never one to mice his words) in today’s Sunday Times about him. Unfortunately I can’t find a link to the article so just a couple of pics of the first few paragraphs. He goes on to say that Holloway managed his club, Millwall, and was regarded as the worst manager in their history 

Gas legend. Says all you need to know about the man's status in the football world.

24 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Ah, Rod Liddle. The thinking man's gobshite. He might just be right this time, though! (The law of averages says he has to be, occasionally)

I used to think he was mildly amusing if a bit near the mark. Then the Mark moved, moved again and now he’s basically the village bigot’s WUM of choice.

Liddle is scum, but he is right on this occasion.

Holloway will be all over the media telling people what to do but since Blackpool he’s a serial failure who played a bit part in Grimsby dropping out of the league.

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

I must admit I don't follow this reporter, but am intrigued why such strong opinion about him, what has he done? 

He’s a dog whistle racist with a track record of making disgusting comments particularly about Muslims.

Claims to be a Millwall fan but lives near Hartlepool these days.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I must admit I don't follow this reporter, but am intrigued why such strong opinion about him, what has he done? 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Well. There’s this.....

A8DC3784-A0B1-41F5-B449-6771CFCD0173.jpeg

AE21CA97-ABDA-44B6-BF07-7BD8EFF1944B.jpeg

Yep, thinks he's a lot funnier than he really is.

Though his CV pre and post Blackpool is of a level equal to or lower than the last umpteen City managers, does anyone on here actually concede what he did do with a shite Blackpool team, with a shite budget, but a fantastic " have a go" attitude, actually added value to football?

7 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Though his CV pre and post Blackpool is of a level equal to or lower than the last umpteen City managers, does anyone on here actually concede what he did do with a shite Blackpool team, with a shite budget, but a fantastic " have a go" attitude, actually added value to football?

Rod Liddle?

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

He’s a dog whistle racist with a track record of making disgusting comments particularly about Muslims.

Claims to be a Millwall fan but lives near Hartlepool these days.

Does he?  He used to live just outside Salisbury.  I sat in the next carriage once on the Waterloo to Exeter train once and watched a rotund figure, bathed in a cloak of fag smoke, poring over the entire weekend's newspapers.  "Help yourself to the papers, mate," he said chummily as he exited.

Less chummy though are his antics on the Millwall fans' site. Thinking he was posting under anonymously, he spewed out racist bile, including about our own Kevin Amankwaah.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1243845/Former-Today-editor-Rod-Liddle-racist-posts-football-supporters-website.html

Oh and he also was arrested for punching his pregnant mistress.

Noone thinks the same way; how do you assume that from a few posts? Holloway is in the same awful league as TwentyTwot, Parsons, etc of Gas who try to cover their hatred of City but do a poor job (no surprise there) to earn a few bob.

Grimsby season ticket holders join fans of a dozen other clubs in brandishing him fake, hopeless and leaving their club in a worse position than when he joined.

No-one on here should try and defend gas players who have blue in their veins and are anti-city. This forum would be better without contributors who support the blue (very) few as well. Get 'em off here, they should not be listened to when talking football in Bristol, any matter of City etc

OTiB

7 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Holloway managed my ... Sunday League Pub team and had them relegated?

Whats the answer Pongo?

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Does he?  He used to live just outside Salisbury.  I sat in the next carriage once on the Waterloo to Exeter train once and watched a rotund figure, bathed in a cloak of fag smoke, poring over the entire weekend's newspapers.  "Help yourself to the papers, mate," he said chummily as he exited.

Less chummy though are his antics on the Millwall fans' site. Thinking he was posting under anonymously, he spewed out racist bile, including about our own Kevin Amankwaah.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1243845/Former-Today-editor-Rod-Liddle-racist-posts-football-supporters-website.html

Oh and he also was arrested for punching his pregnant mistress.

How do people keep their jobs after shit like this is proven. It’s unbelievable.  He’s scum. And also never knew that about Harris.... Was this whilst KA was with us? I don’t remember anything about it at all.

14 minutes ago, lenred said:

How do people keep their jobs after shit like this is proven. It’s unbelievable.  He’s scum. And also never knew that about Harris.... Was this whilst KA was with us? I don’t remember anything about it at all.

Afterwards I believe.

32 minutes ago, lenred said:

Was when he was playing for Swindon I believe.

I'm unsure Amankwaah was totally innocent, if I remember he made a rather disgusting remark about Harris' cancer scare

8 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Noone thinks the same way; how do you assume that from a few posts? Holloway is in the same awful league as TwentyTwot, Parsons, etc of Gas who try to cover their hatred of City but do a poor job (no surprise there) to earn a few bob.

Grimsby season ticket holders join fans of a dozen other clubs in brandishing him fake, hopeless and leaving their club in a worse position than when he joined.

No-one on here should try and defend gas players who have blue in their veins and are anti-city. This forum would be better without contributors who support the blue (very) few as well. Get 'em off here, they should not be listened to when talking football in Bristol, any matter of City etc

OTiB

Are you feeling okay?

10 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

OTiB

Errrr...nope, fans of other clubs are welcome, including Slags on holiday from the Looneys forum. 

10 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Holloway managed my ... Sunday League Pub team and had them relegated?

Whats the answer Pongo?

This is a difficult question. Does the answer involve some kind of tear in the space time continuum leading to you, the team and Holloway being in a parallel universe? 

14 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

OTiB

The forum would probably be better without the twaddle that you post too, HR.  Twentystone, for all his Gas history is a very good presenter and deserves the respect he gets on here.  He's also a Liverpool fan not Rovers, though understandably has an affinity with them, but I struggle to think of a single occasion where his supposed hatred of City has shown up.  Care to enlighten us, or is it just hatred based on his past that clouds your judgement?

Holloway is a village idiot, but to believe that people would rather side with a racist, misogynistic, self-confessed would-be paedophile over him shows more the lack of strength in your character than anyone else's.

2 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

The forum would probably be better without the twaddle that you post too, HR.  Twentystone, for all his Gas history is a very good presenter and deserves the respect he gets on here.  He's also a Liverpool fan not Rovers, though understandably has an affinity with them, but I struggle to think of a single occasion where his supposed hatred of City has shown up.  Care to enlighten us, or is it just hatred based on his past that clouds your judgement?

Holloway is a village idiot, but to believe that people would rather side with a racist, misogynistic, self-confessed would-be paedophile over him shows more the lack of strength in your character than anyone else's.

I honestly think there are fans out there (very few mind) who think that if a City player walked down the street and there was a Gas player on the other side they would be abusing one another and having it right out in the middle of the road, traffic stopped the lot, rather than just an "alright", handshake or whatever and quick chat about how things are going.

If Twentystone wasn't as bloody good at his job as he is you can imagine the absolute dogs abuse he would get on here. He has certainly, over the years, given Radio Bristol a previously unseen level of professionalism on the sports presenting side of things (can't comment on the rest as I don't listen). He asks the likes of Ashton and Lansdown the questions you want to hear asked as a fan. I love a nice bit of Gas Banter as much as the next fan and often partake in that topic but I could never have anything but respect for a bloke like Twentyman, professional footballer who knows the score and puts club loyalties to one side, his only crime being to earn an honest crust from Tented Village FC.........some things in life you just have to let slide.

Archived