IGNORED

Hollowhead

pongo88

3 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

The forum would probably be better without the twaddle that you post too, HR.  Twentystone, for all his Gas history is a very good presenter and deserves the respect he gets on here.  He's also a Liverpool fan not Rovers, though understandably has an affinity with them, but I struggle to think of a single occasion where his supposed hatred of City has shown up.  Care to enlighten us, or is it just hatred based on his past that clouds your judgement?

Holloway is a village idiot, but to believe that people would rather side with a racist, misogynistic, self-confessed would-be paedophile over him shows more the lack of strength in your character than anyone else's.

Quite agree with most of that. 

Holloway did let Grimsby fans badly down though and departed there as a hated figure. I think that's down more to him being a village idiot as you say, than a conman. He hasn't got the brains to be a conman. He just overpromised. Rather like a figure associated with the Gas right now. 

24 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He did a remarkable job at Blackpool. Promotion to prem obviously a superb achievement. Very nearly stayed up in prem too. And then I think got them to championship playoff final after being relegated.

He also got Palace promoted to the prem in his first season.

Nearly got Rovers up from league one in his first job all those years ago. Don't think Rovers have ever been the same since those days.

Plymouth I think he did well. Fans weren't happy he left.

First time he managed QPR he did a decent job too I think.

A few jobs didn't go so well. Overall not a bad record at all.

No doubting he's on a decline now though and has been since leaving Palace in 2013.  An 8 year slide will not do well for the reputation.

55 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He did a remarkable job at Blackpool. Promotion to prem obviously a superb achievement. Very nearly stayed up in prem too. And then I think got them to championship playoff final after being relegated.

He also got Palace promoted to the prem in his first season.

Nearly got Rovers up from league one in his first job all those years ago. Don't think Rovers have ever been the same since those days.

Plymouth I think he did well. Fans weren't happy he left.

First time he managed QPR he did a decent job too I think.

A few jobs didn't go so well. Overall not a bad record at all.

Took Leicester into Division 3 (or whatever it was called back then) for the first time in their history. They were one of only nine clubs never to have played in the bottom two divisions at the time.

5 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Holloway is a village idiot, but to believe that people would rather side with a racist, misogynistic, self-confessed would-be paedophile over him shows more the lack of strength in your character than anyone else's.

So Steve, you seem quite happy to criticise other posters for their opinions so i have to question what facts support your claims (of Twentytwot) you base you conclusion of Holloway. If they had any semblance of truth surely he would be in Holloway (Prison!). You are clearly wrong with your facts as well as all your opinions. Try harder

4 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

So Steve, you seem quite happy to criticise other posters for their opinions so i have to question what facts support your claims (of Twentytwot) you base you conclusion of Holloway. If they had any semblance of truth surely he would be in Holloway (Prison!). You are clearly wrong with your facts as well as all your opinions. Try harder

If I could understand the question you've asked I'd gladly answer, but as usual it's utterly incomprehensible. 

If the comment about prison is referring to my paedophile comment I'd direct you to the linked article in this thread, written by Liddle in which he very clearly says if he'd been a teacher he'd be boning underage kids. I'd advise you to try harder as well, but I doubt I'd be alone in preferring it if you didn't bother at all.

I read in the BP a few weeks ago that Skelator said he was done with management now and retiring back in the West Country. 
I’d love to have the whole ground singing cheer up Holloway one more time. Maybe he will do some punditry and show his face pitchside. I can only imagine the FFS feeling he must have had when those first few bars of Day Dream Believer started up through the tannoy. Tim Shires used to do well to make sure that track always snuck on to the pre match playlist  

18 hours ago, Dredd said:

I read in the BP a few weeks ago that Skelator said he was done with management now and retiring back in the West Country. 
I’d love to have the whole ground singing cheer up Holloway one more time. Maybe he will do some punditry and show his face pitchside. I can only imagine the FFS feeling he must have had when those first few bars of Day Dream Believer started up through the tannoy. Tim Shires used to do well to make sure that track always snuck on to the pre match playlist  

I heard that, when we had the fans vote to see what music we ran out to and we ended up with One For The Bristol City, Daydream Believer won hands down but the club bottled it.

Archived