IGNORED

Mark Cooper leaves Forest Green

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

She sneered at the prospect of managing Wimbledon allegedly because they weren’t good enough.

I'm sure there will be a woman manager some time soon both prepared to do the hard yards (a bit like Sol Campbell tbf to him) and be given the chance to prove themselves (Dale Vince is a decent shout tbf). If they can be successful and show how a woman can manage a men's team at professional level successfully they will deservedly reap the rewards at a higher level.

I don't know whether she said that or not about Wimbledon so wont be critical of her personally. All I would say is that it's a fact that Wimbledon would smash any WSL side to smithereens just from a physical point of view if nothing else not to mention the standard of goalkeeping in the ladies game still being nowhere near Southern League level. Some would ask "how on earth is this relevant?".......well it would become relevant IF a female manager turns her nose up at managing Wimbledon because they aren't good enough. Like I said though, I don't know that to be the case.

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I'm sure there will be a woman manager some time soon both prepared to do the hard yards (a bit like Sol Campbell tbf to him) and be given the chance to prove themselves (Dale Vince is a decent shout tbf). If they can be successful and show how a woman can manage a men's team at professional level successfully they will deservedly reap the rewards at a higher level.

I don't know whether she said that or not about Wimbledon so wont be critical of her personally. All I would say is that it's a fact that Wimbledon would smash any WSL side to smithereens just from a physical point of view if nothing else not to mention the standard of goalkeeping in the ladies game still being nowhere near Southern League level. Some would ask "how on earth is this relevant?".......well it would become relevant IF a female manager turns her nose up at managing Wimbledon because they aren't good enough. Like I said though, I don't know that to be the case.

https://www.palatinate.org.uk/emma-hayes-deserves-more-respect-why-her-wimbledon-link-was-insulting/

She's currently trying to win the Champions League, so I'm not sure she wants to go to L2 to be honest. 
There are other great female coaches - but from my understanding she doesn't think that L2 would be a step up, which I think is fair. She's trying to win all the trophies, why would she want to to to a lower EFL scrap? I know a lot of people think men's football is much more important than women's football but not everyone thinks that (or should think that)

16 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Whether people like it or not, whether they think it is sexist or not, unjustified or not Emma Hayes will not be getting the level of job that the author of the article is looking for her to have in the men's game, not now or ever, without coming in at a lower level and proving herself. I find it bizarre that the author genuinely thinks an offer from Wimbledon would be insulting. Somebody has to be the trailblazer and that means doing the hard yards, like it or not. Only when someone proves it can be done will the floodgates open. I've listened to Emma Hayes, she knows her stuff and she's no mug I can absolutely confirm that but I wouldn't be putting my money on her to be next Chelsea men's team manager.

I'll put it out there, the reaction of the majority of this forum if SL said "Thanks Nige, all the best" and then appointed Emma Hayes the next day..................and lets be fair the author of the article would clearly see Bristol City FC as beneath Emma Hayes.

3 minutes ago, SinéadB said:

She's currently trying to win the Champions League, so I'm not sure she wants to go to L2 to be honest. 
There are other great female coaches - but from my understanding she doesn't think that L2 would be a step up, which I think is fair. She's trying to win all the trophies, why would she want to to to a lower EFL scrap? I know a lot of people think men's football is much more important than women's football but not everyone thinks that (or should think that)

Wimbledon are League 1......at the moment........and let's hope it stays that way for obvious reasons!!

3 minutes ago, SinéadB said:

I don’t know if people think the men’s game is more important or not but I would imagine it is far more pressurised than the women’s game and expectations are far higher. I’m not saying she wouldn’t be able to cope but this article wreaks of entitlement, perhaps she is good enough? Who knows! I don’t follow the women’s league at all so can’t really comment, but I’d be quite happy for a female coach/manager to take charge at City if she had the right credentials. Perhaps one of these other female coaches may be given the job at FGRs, it will be interesting to see.

51 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

She sneered at the prospect of managing Wimbledon allegedly because they weren’t good enough.

I don't think that's an accurate reflection of what she said, and I don't think an article not written by her is the best way of ascertaining what she thinks.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12206672/emma-hayes-shuts-down-afc-wimbledon-rumours-and-will-stay-on-as-chelsea-women-boss-in-wsl

What she actually said was that it was disrespectful to her club and the players she manages, who are at the elite of the women's game and competing on a European level, to suggest that she'd jump ship as soon as a men's club came calling. I don't think that's insulting Wimbledon and I don't think it is saying that she thinks she is too good to manage them. I think it is simply saying she's happy in her job and doesn't want her players or club to be considered "lesser" on the basis of the gender of the players.

I think the best way of looking at it is if we appointed Pearson and, if he did well next season, Sheffield United started sniffing around him and papers starting suggesting he'd leave if he made an offer. If he then said he wasn't going to jump ship just because it was an ex-Premier League club and that he believed in the players he was currently managing, I don't think any of us would see that as disrespectful or sneering towards Sheffield United, or an implication that he felt he was too good to manage them. It would just be a manager saying they are committed to their current job. 

41 minutes ago, SinéadB said:

Until they can command the same crowds and sponsorship then I would say men's football is more important, certainly as far as the vast majority is concerned anyway even to other women, I mean there are thousands of women and girls that turn up at Ashton gate on a regular basis to watch the men's team but I doubt a  fraction of them bother to watch the women's team.  

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Jamille Matt injury having an impact?

Yes definitely he was top scorer and they don't have a like for like replacement. I think this is what the other poster referred to when he said 'Tubbs'. Matt Tubbs left years ago.

16 hours ago, pillred said:

Until they can command the same crowds and sponsorship then I would say men's football is more important, certainly as far as the vast majority is concerned anyway even to other women, I mean there are thousands of women and girls that turn up at Ashton gate on a regular basis to watch the men's team but I doubt a  fraction of them bother to watch the women's team.  

I agree but that doesn't mean it's not more important to her.. She's an excellent coach and it's fair enough that she'd prefer to win the WCL than manage a L1/L2 side... 

More people watch football than cricket but doesn't mean it's less important to lots of people. Some people might regard going into men's football a step up, but I don't think Hayes does, and I'm not sure I do. It's just different. 

15 minutes ago, SinéadB said:

I agree but that doesn't mean it's not more important to her.. She's an excellent coach and it's fair enough that she'd prefer to win the WCL than manage a L1/L2 side... 

More people watch football than cricket but doesn't mean it's less important to lots of people. Some people might regard going into men's football a step up, but I don't think Hayes does, and I'm not sure I do. It's just different. 

Your final sentence is both true and so very important in the context of enjoying and appreciating women’s football.

Just see it for what it is, acknowledge and embrace the difference between men’s football, relax and enjoy the match.

Oh please its disrespectful, I think everyone with an ounce of honesty can safely say the women's game is lightyears behind the mens game in money, resources, and depth of skill and talent, that does make for some entertaining goals though.  To assert that the the WSL has parity with the premier league if just big hairy male cow balls.  I think most of us would like to see it continue to grow and thrive and we can talk about parity parity in the coming years but there is a reason why Sky et al pay a truck load of cash for the rights to the mens game, people enjoy watching it.  People shouldn't conflate people wishing the women's game well with actual parity its complete horse crap. 

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Your final sentence is both true and so very important in the context of enjoying and appreciating women’s football.

Just see it for what it is, acknowledge and embrace the difference between men’s football, relax and enjoy the match.

You're crazy, and that is rude to where the mens game is, to where the ladies game is.

43 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

You're crazy, and that is rude to where the mens game is, to where the ladies game is.

I may well be, but I don't think that detracts from the validity of my comment.

You are, of course, correct when you say there is an enormous difference between the respective games, i.e. male and female, but I have never argued that this is not the case; just that one should try and enjoy both for what they are and refrain from criticising the women's game because it is not as developed or as skilful as the men's game.

I enjoy watching City play, latterly on TV/streams rather than live.

Frequently, having sat through a less than enthralling City match punctuated by a distinct lack of skill or professional nous; negative pass backs and a lack of shots on target or even just shots or, even, during one notable period, not even a corner.

I then watch a Premier League or Europeans Champions League game and am totally taken aback by the speed of both thought and play, tactical brilliance and skills I can only dream of watching at Ashton Gate.

It may come as some surprise to you, but, at the end of the game, I do not moan at, mock or criticise the City game I watched earlier; rather, I marvel at the Premier or Champions League game I have just watched, am grateful that I have been privileged to watch it and, I must confess, allow just a little part of me to dream that, one day, I might see City produce a similar performance live at Ashton Gate.

As I say, I may be crazy, but please don't consider me rude.   

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I may well be, but I don't think that detracts from the validity of my comment.

You are, of course, correct when you say there is an enormous difference between the respective games, i.e. male and female, but I have never argued that this is not the case; just that one should try and enjoy both for what they are and refrain from criticising the women's game because it is not as developed or as skilful as the men's game.

I enjoy watching City play, latterly on TV/streams rather than live.

Frequently, having sat through a less than enthralling City match punctuated by a distinct lack of skill or professional nous; negative pass backs and a lack of shots on target or even just shots or, even, during one notable period, not even a corner.

I then watch a Premier League or Europeans Champions League game and am totally taken aback by the speed of both thought and play, tactical brilliance and skills I can only dream of watching at Ashton Gate.

It may come as some surprise to you, but, at the end of the game, I do not moan at, mock or criticise the City game I watched earlier; rather, I marvel at the Premier or Champions League game I have just watched, am grateful that I have been privileged to watch it and, I must confess, allow just a little part of me to dream that, one day, I might see City produce a similar performance live at Ashton Gate.

As I say, I may be crazy, but please don't consider me rude.   

Agree, the biggest mistake is trying to make comparisons.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree, the biggest mistake is trying to make comparisons.

Yes, that's true and it works both ways. Comparisons include comments by women journalists that Hayes being offered a job by League 1 strugglers Wimbledon is "insulting"?!! Those sort of comments do Ladies Football no favour imo when they are trying to avoid the very comparisons you speak of because if you were a Wimbledon fan defending your club from that journalist (nobody likes their club insulted by National Media) you would correctly point out that they would smash Chelsea Ladies as a natural defence mechanism.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Yes, that's true and it works both ways. Comparisons include comments by women journalists that Hayes being offered a job by League 1 strugglers Wimbledon is "insulting"?!! Those sort of comments do Ladies Football no favour imo when they are trying to avoid the very comparisons you speak of because if you were a Wimbledon fan defending your club from that journalist (nobody likes their club insulted by National Media) you would correctly point out that they would smash Chelsea Ladies as a natural defence mechanism.

Absolutely agree, it's disrespectful. 

Be interested to see how Emma Hayes would do in the men's game. I don't watch hardly any women's football but from what I hear she is a progressive coach who plays good attacking football. 

Always thought it's a bit weird how in most careers nowadays is completely normal to have a female boss but in football it's seen as almost ridiculous. 

That being said she needs to be realistic and she probably isn't going to get offered a much better job than FGR. If a man was doing a similar job to her in women's football it would be the same. 

Archived